Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day a MASSIVE offer is there... Its up to David Klemmer.
He can't get out of his contract unless the club agrees to it as well. I have no doubt that he has offers being thrown at him. But it's not all his decision.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL. Did we not just release Woods only half a season into a 4 year deal? Haha. Hill just spinning shit as usual to suit the narrative, only thing worth believing atm is what we see rather than what we hear from the club.

Anyway If there's any truth about Klemmers payment issues then i have no doubts if Klemmer decides he wants out then he will get out. I hate to think how much money he might be on towards the backend of his contract if it's structured similar to Graham, Eastwood and the Morris'.
Your so negative like to read one of your posts one day saying something positive about the dogs. Somehow dont think thats possible

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And then in a few weeks etc news breaks he signs with knights.!!!
We have Seen this happen many times!!

But I hope Hill is true to his word An makes it PRIORITY that klem stays at the doggs for life.. 1 club legend.. that would make this shitty year great.
The difference is the club wants him. The others didnt care about the club klemmer does.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A real sporting competition has strong anti-tampering laws. But not the NRL where you can sign for another club years in advance and other players and coaches and officials from other clubs can talk openly about how much they want to sign you.

Meanwhile none of the salary figures are made public like they are in almost every other professionals sporting league, so certain teams can cheat the cap without any penalties coming their way, and they allow TPA's which completely negates the purpose of the salary cap. The NRL have a cap yet have no idea how much anyone is on at any club until a whistle blower does their job for them.

It sure is a great sport we follow. The only positive is we won't be following it for much longer with the way they're going. At least we have distant memories of when Rugby League was king.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day a MASSIVE offer is there... Its up to David Klemmer.
But this is the thing, im pretty sure that it is against NRL rules for clubs to be aproaching other teams players with massive offers before the last year of their contract. So you would think that Newcastle would be in the shit for trying to poach him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you do when Klemmer says I want out because he got an outrageous 5 million dollar contract? Everybody has a price, lets just hope Klem values his honour more than his pocket.
Well he is contracted for two more years so the choice is not his. No matter how big the offer is!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But this is the thing, im pretty sure that it is against NRL rules for clubs to be aproaching other teams players with massive offers before the last year of their contract. So you would think that Newcastle would be in the shit for trying to poach him.
Yep thats why they approached the club and not klemmer

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone explain something to me regarding TPAs. People saying Klem would have the shits with the club for those falling through. But my understanding is that clubs can’t have anything to do with TPAs and they need to be organised with there managers?

Yes but it doesn’t really mean it has nothing to do with the club.

Everyone succefull club needs to bend the rules to be competitive

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your so negative like to read one of your posts one day saying something positive about the dogs. Somehow dont think thats possible
It's not a negative post, it's the truth.

You can't handle the truth. (I always wanted to post that)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope a female is the one telling other clubs as it will intimidate them a whole lot greater than a ruthless male

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The NRL can’t stop clubs approaching contracted players any more than it can effectively enforce the salary cap, unfortunately. Toothless tiger.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can't get out of his contract unless the club agrees to it as well. I have no doubt that he has offers being thrown at him. But it's not all his decision.
Its not but I doubt the club will stand in his way considering his contract puts quiet the dent in a celery cap.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I was just told... Knowing the NRL they'll say it wasn't a formal offer just a friendly conversation anyway.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many pussies on this forum were conceding Klemmer is already gone lol Klemmer is not going to friggn Newcastle
I think he will move on after his contract finishes with dogs....can u imagine how much no e.g. other u s will throw at him....a d u think Plummer will remain loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.