Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Smith, Ogden and To'Omaga will all see a bit of FG next year and at some point all three could be regular first graders but it remains to be seen how long it will take until we see the best of them... we've got to keep a lot of those ISP guys together, not just because they won the comp and state cup, but because of the type of players they are... Steve did a good job with them and he will also be good for their FG development as assistant coach
Ok cool..
It will be great to see them come through the ranks. Bred not bought

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we say No and keep Klemmer and sign Napa as well and stay under the salary cap.?.
Not by my calculations, if Klemmer stays there's only maybe $250k available, not going to get Napa for that (although some would say that's all he's worth).

Go Dogs

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not by my calculations, if Klemmer stays there's only maybe $250k available, not going to get Napa for that (although some would say that's all he's worth).
I would say Napa would be good value around the 350-400K mark but thats going to be almost half of what he expects by my estimation.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the hold up, could Dave remain at Belmore?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Davids wife is too busy posting up their christmas lights display at home on his Instagram page.

Clearly they have priorities and getting this sorted isn't one.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Davids wife is too busy posting up their christmas lights display at home on his Instagram page.
Clearly they have priorities and getting this sorted isn't one.
Does that mean they are staying for Xmas?
No move to Newcastle ............ yet............ if ever.

Go Dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There are so many holes in this, firstly Holmes, SBW and Burgess went outside of the NRL, so there was nothing that the NRL could do about it. Ruby Union agreed to pay a transfer fee even though one was not legally mandated, it was a quid pro quo arrangement (goodwill gesture), if you pinch our guys we expect to get paid too. I wouldn't expect the NFL to do the same for Holmes ie; we are no competition in pinching their players.

Klemmer is entirely different, it's a transfer within the NRL and as such is covered by NRL contract systems. We can simply say "no" to a transfer request, which means Newcastle can't register a contract with Klemmer and he can't play for them. It's a request for a release FFS and there are 2 answers, "yes" and "no". If we say "no" then Klemmer can't play for Newcastle within the term of his Bulldogs contract (ie; 2 more years), it's that simple. If we say "yes" then that's when the bargaining can happen. If an agreement can be reached (monetary, player/s and/or salary cap co payments etc) then the transfer can proceed. If an agreement can't be reached then the "no" answer applies.

Personally I'd stall for couple more weeks, there could be players pop out from the pre season salary cap audit that will fit in nicely.

Go Dogs
They can ban contract breaking code hoppers from returning to nrl, and they can prevent players getting paid more to break contract under compassionate grounds to go to other nrl or esl teams

Problem is the nrl need balls for that, and they have none.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They can ban contract breaking code hoppers from returning to nrl, and they can prevent players getting paid more to break contract under compassionate grounds to go to other nrl or esl teams

Problem is the nrl need balls for that, and they have none.
SBW was banned wasn’t he, until we retrospectively released him from his contract when he paid us out?

Burgess if I remember rightly was either at the end of his contract period and/or Souths released him on condition of inserting a “must return to us clause”. If we release Klemmer then he’s not breaking his contract. Nothing the NRL could do in either case.

They won’t register a contract with Newcastle if we don’t release him, so he wouldn’t be allowed to play for them. Until such time as we release him. It would interesting as to what penalty they will dish out if he decides to sit out (not honour) his contract. I’m confident that there would be one, pretty severe, if that occurs (very unlikely).

Holmes is also an interesting case, Cronulla could do the same as Souths and release him on condition of a “must come back to us” clause. Again the NRL can’t do anything about that (nor should they, it’s an agreement between the player and his club). Or Cronulla could dig their heels in and not, then the NRL can justifiably issue a penalty, same as they did with SBW.

I don’t see any balls missing in those cases.

Go Dogs

Reactions: obe

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
SBW was banned wasn’t he, until we retrospectively released him from his contract when he paid us out?

Burgess if I remember rightly was either at the end of his contract period and/or Souths released him on condition of inserting a “must return to us clause”. If we release Klemmer then he’s not breaking his contract. Nothing the NRL could do in either case.

They won’t register a contract with Newcastle if we don’t release him, so he wouldn’t be allowed to play for them. Until such time as we release him. It would interesting as to what penalty they will dish out if he decides to sit out (not honour) his contract. I’m confident that there would be one, pretty severe, if that occurs (very unlikely).

Holmes is also an interesting case, Cronulla could do the same as Souths and release him on condition of a “must come back to us” clause. Again the NRL can’t do anything about that (nor should they, it’s an agreement between the player and his club). Or Cronulla could dig their heels in and not, then the NRL can justifiably issue a penalty, same as they did with SBW.

I don’t see any balls missing in those cases.

Go Dogs
There is no penalty from the NRL if he sits out, Tallis did it, they just dont get paid and cant play for another team until their current contract expires, there is nothing stopping him saying I need a 2 year break from the NRL and teaching surf lessons on Newcastle beach.

The Dogs could go after him for breach of contract in the courts and try to claim brand damage, loss of earnings from sponsorship, membership etc but I doubt they would.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no penalty from the NRL if he sits out, Tallis did it, they just dont get paid and cant play for another team until their current contract expires, there is nothing stopping him saying I need a 2 year break from the NRL and teaching surf lessons on Newcastle beach.
The Dogs could go after him for breach of contract in the courts and try to claim brand damage, loss of earnings from sponsorship, membership etc but I doubt they would.
Since she doesn't work, can the family survive for 2 years on zero pay? I suspect not, so he'd get pussy whipped into playing for the Bulldogs since that would be the only way to get paid. As for legal action, just the threat should be enough to frighten them. What seems to be missing in the reporting is that we hold all of the cards, there are no other cards for anyone else to play. So far it reads like we can be pushed around, the player will automatically get what he (actually his wife) wants, Newcastle will just automatically get what they want and the agent will of course get his commission. When the fact is they, all of them, only get what we let them have.

Go Dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From NRL.com

Canterbury officials privately questioned whether the club should pursue some form of action over David Klemmer's impending move to Newcastle despite having two more years to run on his contract, but conceded it would not help them keep the Kangaroos prop.

This is the point Cronulla captain Paul Gallen and others in the game who are angry or frustrated with the sudden departure of star Sharks fullback Valentine Holmes for a shot at NFL need to accept.

If Klemmer or Holmes want to play elsewhere next year, there is little Canterbury and Cronulla can do about it other than negotiate a transfer fee – as the Bulldogs did after Sonny Bill Williams walked out on the club in 2008 and South Sydney did before releasing Sam Burgess to English rugby union.

The last statement I remember from Andrew Hill he said words to the effect of " it's now up to David". Has club said to him you can have release if you pay $????? It makes sense and I can't see anything wrong/illegal with such a request, Klemmer wants to piss off for more dosh using other excuses as reasons, C Anderson is renowned as a hard man, makes sense to me.
An 11th hour solution to keep Klemmer.

Sharks are desperate for an outside back due to releasing Edric Lee, Jesse Ramien and Ricky Leutele to accommodate for Val Holmes salary increase. Now Holmes is gone Sharks are very thin on backs.

The Dogs should approach Sharks and offer them one of our players (don't know who) but it will free up dollars to give to Klemmer.

Any suggestions who they should offer?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Sharks are desperate for an outside back due to releasing Edric Lee, Jesse Ramien and Ricky Leutele to accommodate for Val Holmes salary increase. Now Holmes is gone Sharks are very thin on backs.

The Dogs should approach Sharks and offer them one of our players (don't know who) but it will free up dollars to give to Klemmer.

Absolutely not.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Klemmer is on around 800k next year which is plenty. He wants to hold the club to Ransom to get paid more on a deal he negotiated Fk off to Newcastle.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aside from the fact that we don't have any top-class backs to offer that would excite them, we don't need to pay him any more.
He is scheduled to be on good coin for a prop this year. If Noobcastle want to spend stupid sums on a prop, let them.
As it has been said, we want players to play for the jersey - Those that do, and do it well will be paid well for doing so.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any of you keyboard ninjas go to the open training session today

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I didn't want to interrupt the glorious coach Georgallis in action so i thought it better to stay away.
But you could of fixed all our problems and let Deano know all the stuff you know but he doesn't!! :tonguewink::tonguewink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.