Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer will not be at the dogs next season and it's all due to his failed TPA from last season. He is owed back payments and the club can't pay them. That's the truth and the rest is all bullshit. He had all the rights to ask for a release from his final 2 years of his contract and there is nothing the club could of done about it.
Again a cop out if true.

Pay the man some money.

Give him an increase on his salary.

He is a true bulldog.

Interestingly the board and Lynne took some great mileage in the elections about how the previous board let go James Graham and Josh Reynolds...

Here is your chance .....sort the shit out ...
Practice what you preached.
Keep klemmer

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Klemmer will not be at the dogs next season and it's all due to his failed TPA from last season. He is owed back payments and the club can't pay them. That's the truth and the rest is all bullshit. He had all the rights to ask for a release from his final 2 years of his contract and there is nothing the club could of done about it.
So club's aren't allowed to organise TPA's, we know this (although we all would doubt this is the case). That would mean that only the player or their manager can?? Due to the fact that Klemm bargained his own contract therefor organised his own TPA, how is this the clubs fault AND the grub able to back out of his contract? It's unfortunate that his payment fell through but I fail to see the justification that it's the club's fault. He may well be disgruntled by this event (we all would be) BUT this is definitely about his salary doubling AND his shity ability to negotiate a Contract. Once again not the Club's fault!

"The NRL website notes that players can now earn unlimited amounts from sponsors “who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game’s intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved.”
The NRL goes on to state that these agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club."

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Again a cop out if true.

Pay the man some money.

Give him an increase on his salary.

He is a true bulldog.

Interestingly the board and Lynne took some great mileage in the elections about how the previous board let go James Graham and Josh Reynolds...

Here is your chance .....sort the shit out ...
Practice what you preached.
Keep klemmer
Pfft, true Bulldog.......seriously??

Pay the man to sit in reserves for the next 2 years would be my answer!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So club's aren't allowed to organise TPA's, we know this (although we all would doubt this is the case). That would mean that only the player or their manager can?? Due to the fact that Klemm bargained his own contract therefor organised his own TPA, how is this the clubs fault AND the grub able to back out of his contract? It's unfortunate that his payment fell through but I fail to see the justification that it's the club's fault. He may well be disgruntled by this event (we all would be) BUT this is definitely about his salary doubling AND his shity ability to negotiate a Contract. Once again not the Club's fault!

"The NRL website notes that players can now earn unlimited amounts from sponsors “who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game’s intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved.”
The NRL goes on to state that these agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club."
Well that puts things into perspective...
Carnt wait to hear the excuses come from the board..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no reason why he cannot ask for an upgrade.
Players do it all the time.
He is the current nsw and aussie prop...
Go back to the tapes he carried our forward pack in 2018.
Ps: he has not asked for a release yet so mr benny hill informs us on his last presser

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There is no reason why he cannot ask for an upgrade.
Players do it all the time.
He is the current nsw and aussie prop...
Go back to the tapes he carried our forward pack in 2018.
Ps: he has not asked for a release yet so mr benny hill informs us on his last presser
Any player who asks for more money fully knowing our salary cap is up the creek is not a "club" or "team" person. He has a signed agreement that he personally negotiated himself that he is half way through. He can ask BUT if a no is the return then he should still honour his word. He did his job in 2018 and that's what he gets paid for. Now we are reading that Newcastle asked Pearce to contact Klemm while in Bali to entice him over, where the fuk is the NRL in all this due to that little rule of approaching players after Nov of the last year of their contract? Blatant breach right there that is being admitted to by Newcastle club and Pearce. Everyone involved is weak as piss!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes i would have agreed with you in the past.
The club should have started doing this years ago right about when willie mason asked for a release....they should have stayed firm and put him in reserve grade for the remainder of his contract.
Nowdays ..i guess you wanna fix things,make it right....the dogs have the opportunity to make it right.....imagine if they made it right and gave SBW an upgrade like he had asked....have we learned anything?? As a club...??.
Or do we draw the line in the sand now and sit him in reserve grade to ensure moving forward as a club that there will be no more of these so called fabricated releases for a money grab?,

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes i would have agreed with you in the past.
The club should have started doing this years ago right about when willie mason asked for a release....they should have stayed firm and put him in reserve grade for the remainder of his contract.
Nowdays ..i guess you wanna fix things,make it right....the dogs have the opportunity to make it right.....imagine if they made it right and gave SBW an upgrade like he had asked....have we learned anything?? As a club...??.
Or do we draw the line in the sand now and sit him in reserve grade to ensure moving forward as a club that there will be no more of these so called fabricated releases for a money grab?,
Yeah a tough question from the lowly bargaining position we find ourselves in after the previous leeches destroyed our club, hardly a position of strength now that we have zero marquee players, a rookie coach, no salary cap and agenda drive media and NRL admin. Perhaps all we have left is what we want to stand for moving forward?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any player who asks for more money fully knowing our salary cap is up the creek is not a "club" or "team" person. He has a signed agreement that he personally negotiated himself that he is half way through. He can ask BUT if a no is the return then he should still honour his word. He did his job in 2018 and that's what he gets paid for. Now we are reading that Newcastle asked Pearce to contact Klemm while in Bali to entice him over, where the fuk is the NRL in all this due to that little rule of approaching players after Nov of the last year of their contract? Blatant breach right there that is being admitted to by Newcastle club and Pearce. Everyone involved is weak as piss!
Mate, we have no one left...
How can our salary cap be up shit creek
That is propaganda talk by the club and i dont buy it for one minute and maybe klemmer management dont buy it either.
There is a willingness indicated by benny hill in the last presser about doing everything they can to keep.klemmer....how true this is i guess we will find out soon

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mate, we have no one left...
How can our salary cap be up shit creek
That is propaganda talk by the club and i dont buy it for one minute and maybe klemmer management dont buy it either.
There is a willingness indicated by benny hill in the last presser about doing everything they can to keep.klemmer....how true this is i guess we will find out soon
We must have a little bit but hardly enough to make or buy the players we need to make a huge change or rebuild. I agree how could it be this way but Hasbeen and Dribble allowed backended contracts and fuked us. I wouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at Klemm, he's under contract already. If he play's poor then he can watch from reserves and lose money not making the Rep teams and piss off in 2 year's time with a seriously affected market worth.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We must have a little bit but hardly enough to make or buy the players we need to make a huge change or rebuild. I agree how could it be this way but Hasbeen and Dribble allowed backended contracts and fuked us. I wouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at Klemm, he's under contract already. If he play's poor then he can watch from reserves and lose money not making the Rep teams and piss off in 2 year's time with a seriously affected market worth.
Well then do it already i say..
Do the press conference.
Tell the world we are not releasing our only marquee player and that we are building a team around him for the next couple of years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well then do it already i say..
Do the press conference.
Tell the world we are not releasing our only marquee player and that we are building a team around him for the next couple of years.
Now that would make my day and worth having a beer over!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer is gone. We shouldn’t stand in his way. We need the cash to expedite the rebuild.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far lyn and her mates have shown to be all talk and not much chop

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hated the idea at first but I think it's a good idea for us to get rid of him any way. Million for a prop? Yeah no thanks.

And this isn't a Fifita or Bromwich prop who have a nice off load, passing and great footwork at the line. A million plus for a prop that is JUST a Metre eater is way too much.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder klemmer wants to leave with supporters like you and others on here attacking his wife just because he wants to leave no wonder the bulldogs have a bad name in nrl fan circles
Klemmer is a pussy whipped bitch. Add triator to that also.

Dogs fans are the most passionate in the nrl. Something that you and fans of other teams clearly no nothing about. Klemmer could have been a club legend and become one of the most loved all time bulldogs. But he choose the path of a traitor that's why his being attacked and rightly so.

Good luck when we play those junkies in sydney klemmer is going to cope a hiding.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it isn't. It simply isn't worth holding onto him, how hard is that for some of you guys to understand? His money can be better used, why the fuck do you guys want to keep a player that doesn't want to be here and will likely cause issues and in no way benefit us?
Who said anything about keeping him. Find a replacement first then release him simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.