1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Best Posts in Thread: Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

1. utility half

utility half Kennel Immortal

Hey Klem,

Just a quick note in case you happen to read this forum. You seemed like such a passionate Bulldog. You spoke to the media about how you grew up with Bulldogs bedsheets, how you were the ultimate fan....if there's any truth at all to these romanticised stories, how can you even think of doing this to your fans during such a time?

You could play a major role in rebuilding this great club. You have the opportunity to go down as a true legend of the club you supported as a kid. Instead it appears you are intent on going down as just another jerk who sold out your childhood dreams to the highest bidder. Bulldogs fans have a hard enough time with the media and game's administration dumping on the club without supposedly passionate players doing it. This club is so much greater than the Newcastle Knights....has a prouder and much longer history and a much greater record of success. So many legends have played for this club. Legends who understood and loved the club's culture. You could be one of them. Why would you throw that away in pursuit of a quick buck?

Is that kid who slept with Bulldogs bedsheets still inside you somewhere? Does a part of you still love this club? If so, I'd suggest you sack your dodgy manager and focus on reconnecting with what is really important. Too many people have thrown away the pure, straightforward and honest ideals of youth in favour of the more shallow and less spiritually fulfilling adult pastime of dollar chasing. Don't become one of those jerks. Money won't bring you happiness and you can't take it with you when you leave this earth. Better to leave a legacy than to accumulate wealth you can't take with you. We really wanted to believe you were a throwback. A true, tough as nuts Bulldog who genuinely loved this club.

Let's be honest, financially, you're doing ok. The club has looked after you, the fans love you...or did. So, is that kid who loved the bulldogs still inside you? Can that pure love you had for this club still be preserved? We are going through a very tough time as a club and need strong people to dig us out of it. Those who do so will rightly become legends.....but they do need to be strong, so if that doesn't sound like you, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Yours sincerely,

A disappointed and jaded fan

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Best Post x 32
    • Like x 20
    • Love x 9
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Typical dog

Typical dog Kennel Regular

Fuck that. He gets 700k a year and you want to give him some of your cash???

If he doesn't want to be here because of money.... fuck off

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 20
    • Best Post Best Post x 19
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Kaz

Kaz Kennel Immortal

Mate, I was one of them bagging his wife. :tearsofjoy:

Just a word of warning, from a member who supports another team.

Don't piss off members here, most are fantastic, play nice & they will play nice.

Yes, I take the piss, they do the same.

Sometimes I do go overboard & it's returned.

Not all Dogs fans have welcomed me with open arms, but most have.

I think some just tolerate me, hoping I will go away. (Not happening people) :tearsofjoy:

I used to go to Newcastle vs Broncos games in Newcastle for years & all I can say, it wasn't pleasant.

So called males wanted to fight me, because I was wearing a Broncos jersey. I got spat on & had beer thrown on me etc etc (little did they know, I would rip their balls off & wear them as earrings if things got rough)

If you want to be respected here, show them respect. (after all we opposition supporters are on their forum)

• Like Like x 17
    • Love Love x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

01A53828-A014-4179-A01E-C13F017DD0CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
    • Best Post Best Post x 4
  5. bricktamland

bricktamland Kennel Enthusiast

I’m losing interest in nrl now. This shit is just leaving a sour taste in everyone’s mouth, journalists and managers are all corrupt, nrl rigged , refs suck ... and this contract shit is a joke . Why even have a contract Greenberg u fuckwit

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 8
    • Best Post Best Post x 3
  6. south of heaven

south of heaven Kennel Immortal Premium Member

Fuck that shit if you're got spare coin throw into the cancer council or a charity.
    Paying some c*** who already makes a fortune aint on my list of priorities

• Like Like x 8
    • Best Post Best Post x 5
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. playon

playon Kennel Regular

CANTERBURY have issued a hands off warning to their rival clubs who are circling their star prop David Klemmer.

The Bulldogs have already moved on Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods from the club this year because of salary cap constraints.

However, Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill has issued a stern warning to rival clubs to back off — declaring star prop Klemmer as being off limits.

“Dave is going nowhere,” said Bulldogs chief executive Hill. “He is on contract and there has never been discussions about him leaving the club. We are disappointed that we have to answer another rumour.

“David had no desire to leave the club and the club is not interested in David being anywhere but the Bulldogs.”

The dire salary cap situation of the Bulldogs has rival clubs lining up to secure the 24-year-old firebrand. While Josh Morris is Cronulla bound and it seems twin brother Brett will join the Roosters, Hill is adamant Klemmer won’t be leaving as well.

Newcastle are the latest club to be linked to the Blues prop.

“It is disappointing that we are talking about a player who has two years remaining on his contract,” Hill said. “Dave has come out and says he has a love of the club and no desire to play anywhere else and he is passionate about the Bulldogs. We are not interested in talking to anyone about Dave’s future. He is one of our senior players and forms a strong part of the leadership group

“Dave Klemmer is a player we will build our team around.”

Hill’s warning to rivals comes days after the Brisbane Broncos secured 18-year-old prop Payne Haas with a monster six-year, $3.4 million contract despite the 116kg hulk having only played three first-grade games and recently undergoing a shoulder reconstruction.

Klemmer has been one of the few Bulldogs to star this year.

The Bulldogs are locked in a wooden spoon battle after tasting defeat to the Eels on Thursday night. They received a boost with the re-signing of half Lachlan Lewis during the week and will add Knights duo Nick Meeney and Jack Cogger as well as Panthers flyer Christian Crichton.

Hill said Klemmer filled an important part of the Bulldogs long-term future.

“We have never had a conversation with Dave about him leaving the club,” Hill said. More importantly any conversations we have had with Dave recently is about how he will be important to the club moving forward.”

Former kiwi Test forward Greg Eastwood will also leave the club at season’s end.

• Best Post Best Post x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. pisssst

pisssst CEO

There’s a contradiction in this. So he has personal issues and it’s not about the money. Although for Newcastle to lure him over, they need to pay 1mill+

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 2
  9. dogwhisperer

dogwhisperer Kennel Enthusiast

Really? Anderson is no genius? Is that why he picked out Lewis and Reimis as future first graders way before round 1 of the season.
    Warren Macdonnell told Anderson they had no future at the club. Anderson turns around and says he thinks Lewis is a natural footballer and one to keep. Anderson goes on to further add that he thinks Reimis Smith is a type of player that will excel playing in first grade with good players around him. Macdonall never rated them. But hey, let's just put shit on a two premiership winning coach and ex Australian Test Coach because his surname is Anderson and some on here don't like the Andersons.
    Oh and to think that Bullfrog would of spent years in Anderson's ear mentoring him and the hours of footy talk that would of went on between the two considering he was his son in law. Let's not mention the fact Anderson had to rebuild the club from the big 80's era hangover we had after featuring in 5 GF's and winning 4. We were a basket case when Anderson took over in 1990 when we had about 8 players leave the club. In a few years Anderson took us to back to back minor premierships in 93 & 94 and won the premiership in 95 after featuring in back to back GF's in 94 & 95. He built a team of no bodies from scratch. But hey Anderson is no genius in identifying new talent right?

We need people like Anderson at the club right now.
    We need Mark Hughes recruiting for us. We need these people at our club.
    They have been tried and tested, they are bulldog people who were invloved in Canterbury's success over the last 40 years in some way, shape or form.
    Just like Folkesy, they are Canterbury and they are part of the very fabric of our club whether you like it or not.

• Like Like x 13
    • Best Post Best Post x 5
  10. Nexus

Nexus Why so serious? Staff Member

Funny how people start struggling with problems when another club starts throwing big money at them

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. Horny Wog

Horny Wog Kennel Addict

If he has personal issues, take time out of the game.

The Bulldogs will give him all the time and support required, as well as looking after him financially.

Personal issues which are forcing him 1 and a half hours north at $1.2m a year? Yeah right

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Best Post x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. Old Dog 63

Old Dog 63 Waterboy

Let me assist the board with a media response:

After careful consideration and recognising Newcastle have closed the door on a player swap, the Bulldogs believe that it would be detrimental to continue discussing David’s immediate future with another club.

As such, we expect to see David return to preseason training here at the club in mid-December as we build to make 2019 an exciting time for the club and the fans.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Howard Moon

Howard Moon Kennel Immortal Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

I don't know how people are trying to counter with 'it's business' because in the world of business, you do not just break a contract without repercussions

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. utility half

utility half Kennel Immortal

Nonsense....I'm a philosopher and believe in principles, not the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Think what you like, but don't even try to make assumptions about or tell me what I would do. I've walked away from financial security before in order to find happiness......and as someone who has less than Klem, that decision was even harder....it was absolutely the right decision, though.

• Like Like x 6
    • Best Post Best Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Howard Moon

Howard Moon Kennel Immortal Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

I just dry reached

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

What kind of “personal issues” get fixed by moving 2 hours up a highway? Just admit it’s for the money Klemmer....

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. GDR

GDR Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded x2 Premium Member

I'll put money in for a dildo.. so he can go and fuck himself...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Best Post Best Post x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  18. dogwhisperer

dogwhisperer Kennel Enthusiast

No prop is worth crying about. No prop in our game should be worth more than $1.1m a year.

No loss really. We suffered more when Barba left to be honest.

I'd rather spend Klemmer's money on a top notch spine player.

Besides we got so many forwards who can cart the ball up.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  19. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

And that moron gets paid to write dribble like that. He spends the entire column talking about money yet the theme is that it's not about money? He also points out that everyone has spent the week "Klemm bashing" but then clearly states that they wrote the article in the first place which starts it...………

If it's not about money Klemm then take a pay cut or go for the same amount????

P.S You can't run from your problems!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. Horny Wog

Horny Wog Kennel Addict

Im all up for a go fund me for klemmer.

fund his train ticket to fuck right off from Belmore

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4