Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming anyone wants Roberts for 500k or he goes to Rusty’s “special” Doctor ,otherwise Souths would still be paying for him from their cap I think.
When it comes to Souths there is instant salary cap relief when the NRL waves it medical retirement wand exclusive for them....Burgess, Inglis...they'll find another loophole for Roberts and co. Maybe enforced medical retirement due to alcohol abuse.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it comes to Souths there is instant salary cap relief when the NRL waves it medical retirement wand exclusive for them....Burgess, Inglis...they'll find another loophole for Roberts and co. Maybe enforced medical retirement due to alcohol abuse.
You’re not wrong , Rusty will be down at league hq ringing that stupid bell

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nailed it
I think he is toying with us & the tigers ,I think he will go to Redfern with his best mate Latrell, where there are lot of indigenous players and a strong indigenous culture and Wayne Bennet has already made room for him by getting rid of Alan & Roberts, originally he was meant replace Alex Johnston but they decided to keep him & they will probably use Tbas's Idea of 2 floating Fullbacks. If this is the case then I'm very disappointed but I think It's been a top secret plan for a while. I hope I'm wrong,

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Now Greenburg is gone, and the NRL is being dragged through the Burgess drama. Not sure many favours are going to be done for the Rabbits for a while.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Footy careers are short and he's probably on a wingers wage at the storm. His stock is at its peak so it's time to cash in.

Hope we either leave our current offer (max 400/600k range and not rock star fullback pay) and set a time limit. If he doesn't accept it by mid November its time to move on.
As much as I think he'll be good in many ways for our club, it's starting to drag a little now to the point where the club will need to make a stand and put a time in an answer. Unlike souths they have expressed publicly he's a player they want. If they get a sense that we're getting played too much then they should move away like they did with lantrel Mitchell.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts officially released. I’d be shocked if we ended up with JAC

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates about Burton?
Reimis has underperformed but is worth keeping as he will be a superstar if he gets his act together. Size, speed, skill and tonnes of natural ability. DWZ is hit and miss with his butterfingers and definitely not worth the big salary he's on. The others you mentioned don't have that at all and the sooner they leave the better for the Dogs.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said that on Hooper's blog the other day. He sort of agreed but said that Roberts has admitted he needs to get out of Sydney

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reimis has underperformed but is worth keeping as he will be a superstar if he gets his act together. Size, speed, skill and tonnes of natural ability. DWZ is hit and miss with his butterfingers and definitely not worth the big salary he's on. The others you mentioned don't have that at all and the sooner they leave the better for the Dogs.
I asked about Burton. I didn't say anything about DWZ or Smith.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I see just as much potential upside with Cory Allen as JAC playing fullback. I recall Bennett when asked if that was Souths gone when Mitchell got hurt he remarked not at all...we have an able replacement in C Allen who has good footy nouse can run and pass and catch the high ball. Allen was very effective at the end of the year so if he's available I'd be having a go at him. He just seems less potential trouble than JAC.
I tend to agree, not flashy but seemed safe & capable. With money saved there it could be used for the hooker & front row we need...
A quality hooker will make all players around them better, including someone like Allen, they have that much influence on the game these days...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tend to agree, not flashy but seemed safe & capable. With money saved there it could be used for the hooker & front row we need...
A quality hooker will make all players around them better, including someone like Allen, they have that much influence on the game these days...
If we have any money money left can they buy me a Hooker

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Bottom line is if he wanted to come the deal would’ve been done already. Fk him off. Dont need someone whos gonna be half arsed
Perhaps, but considering he's been playing finals footy and now origin, you'd think any announcement would be made after all of that?