Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also 700k max for JAC. I'm expecting something in the 600-700k range. That's overs not fullback money but I'd give him first crack at fullback given our current roster too.
to me it sounds like storm are calling the shots in regards to the like for like replacement for JAC. So money it seems would not be a major part wouldnt it? So if the storm are happy with Smith, hell throw in Lewis, then i would think we could get him around the $600k mark.

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
I just don’t think he has the footy smarts to be a top hooker. You just have to hear him talk.

Great running game but not a great passer, kicker or decision maker.
Sounds like Joel Romelo but he didn’t have the running game either

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
so your source is either a director or a board member because those are generally the only execs that would attend a board meeting ;)

thanks for the info :grinning:
The caterer.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mate i have the inside mail on Burton, have PM a couple on here last week. dont have any mail on JAC but from all reports a swap is on the way.
love your work
Share the inside mail please.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nice mate. Could you post a vid so we can see what you're like? Can you pop a pass or are you more of a slogger? Think we really need another prop so hope you're a big bopper!
Nah trent was to suprise every1 once i hit the field cant leak any videos lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My insider has confirmed we're definitely back negotiating with Addo-Carr (and Burton).

JAC initially wanted 800K a season which the club thought was too much. Hopefully he'll come down (even Souths or the Tigers couldn't afford that I think).

Media reports about a potential swap with Reimis Smith are correct but Reimis is only on around 250K (I thought he would be on more actually) so JAC would be a "considerable" upgrade.

Oh and we're not pursuing Stephen Crichton (unfortunately). He's considered already locked up by the Panthers.

Other than Arthur Laundy having a few friendly words with Harry Grant recently we're not in deep discussion with a hooker at this stage (we're probably waiting for Cam Smith's decision then Grant and B Smith's decision plus November 1).

My contact doesn't know exactly how much we have left to spend. He's attending a board meeting tomorrow so he might find out then but I only speak to him occasionally (he's a very busy man) so I might not be able to get that info or not for a while at least sorry.
Dead set, journo's are hacking your computer right now..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Big news from Barrett, Lewis will be playing lock next year, Wakeham is hooker.
Burton is a done deal will confirm next week. JAC will also be confirmed. Remis smith swap, Melbourne to pay $250k of his salary. $500k a year is the offer a upgrade in 2022.
Awesome if true...
Get fucked if it's not lol

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No mention

No mention of us seriously pursuing a hooker yet but I think it will come if either Grant or B Smith declare they are leaving the Storm. Daryl Clarke might be a back up option.
Cam McInnes would be a worthwhile alternative if the coin was right & dragons would let him go...Possibly not as dynamic as melb alternatives but better than a average hooker in the nrl..
Not heard anything to indicate he wod be available..just like his pump n passion...