News Consolidated "Downfall of NRL Memes" Thread (MG and others launch legal action)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...panthers-tyrone-may/aerfotbmwdgz1ovjfo1mtbpeu

Panthers great Mark Geyer has reportedly engaged lawyers after a social media page indicated that his daughter is implicated in one of leaked sex tapes, according to Channel Nine reporter Danny Weidler.

The former Penrith prop has taken aim at an unofficial NRL social media page, which appeared to suggest that his daughter is the unknown woman in an explicit video allegedly featuring Tyrone May.

Geyer released a statement via Triple M on Tuesday morning.

"I have today engaged Brydens Lawyers to act on behalf of my daughter, Montanna, for the purpose of taking action against those who have published false and defamatory material which has caused incredible distress for my family," Geyer said.

"On the advice of the solicitors, I do not propose to make any further comment."

Geyer reportedly commented on the now-deleted post on Monday night, asking "Can someone tell me where/who runs this page and where they operate of?"

It's not the first time this off-season that a Facebook page has been at the forefront of off-field drama, with the popular 'NRL Memes' page drawing the ire of some members of the rugby league community earlier this year.

During the Dylan Napa sex tape scandal it was NRL Memes who was teasing the release of more videos in exchange for 'likes' on one of their posts.

More to come.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets hope that shitfest of a page gets pulled totally.

Please keep discussion regarding THIS issue in this thread and not the Panthers video leak thread.

This is a perfect example why we have to be dilligent in regards to what we post online...

That sites about to get destroyed by Geyers lawyers.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how they could possibly find out who is running the page (I doubt FB would divulge) but I reckon they could get it shut down. Hope so, it is a cancerous page.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure they found them when they were investigating the Napa video.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL MEMES should be removed asap. It’s a gutter Facebook page with inbred followers.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook have pulled pages for far less... I agree, it needs to be pulled.. the users who egg him on are degenerate scum

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ooooh boy I'd do the same.. Absolute grubs to implicate someone's daughter on social media of all places

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I can't see how they could possibly find out who is running the page (I doubt FB would divulge) but I reckon they could get it shut down. Hope so, it is a cancerous page.
well apparently people have already given his name

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His details were posted during the Napa saga and he did not deny that it was him.. Karma will get him eventually

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I would not like to be in his shoes if Geyer catches up with him
Yep, I don't think it would be a pleasant experience... although I think the general public would enjoy the thought of the dross that are driving these sites enduring a fair amount of physical discomfort!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
well apparently people have already given his name
i posted his name in one of the napa threads. cant remember the little degenerates name now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
His legal team would suppoena (sp?) Facebook Australia to release the information on page owner (you have to link to a personal account to create such pages). Given it's as part of a defamation case, Facebook will hand over those user details pretty easily/quickly.

But he was unmasked over the Napa saga.
http://the81stminute.com/2019/01/nr...reats-and-stalking-as-napa-scandal-escalates/

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ge...over-defamatory-material-20190305-p511uy.html
Fark .. didn't realise what was posted, but he's fucked if that's verbatim.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is he taking the legal action on behalf of his daughter.

His daughter is 22, so she should be taking legal action herself.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is he taking the legal action on behalf of his daughter.

His daughter is 22, so she should be taking legal action herself.
The post read: "The bird in the Tyrone May video is Mark Geyers daughter. Happy days at Penrith."

May be because its his name that got mentioned instead of hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.