Consolidated ASADA Investigation Thread - No Names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you missed my sarcasm
Sorry. Sarcasm doesn't read very well.
You see, inside your head when your writing, you can hear your sarcastic voice, but when we read it we can't. :p

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Sorry. Sarcasm doesn't read very well.
You see, inside your head when your writing, you can hear your sarcastic voice, but when we read it we can't. :p
You need to read with more personality lol :p

Really get into the character when reading, some hand gestures, literally lol etc :p

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
According to The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...battled-flanagan/story-e6frfkp9-1226777490954).

1. Shane Flanagan faces being stood down for 12 months over ASADA scandal.
2. Cronulla to be fined $500,000 for bringing game into disrepute (breaching NRL Code of Conduct).
3. Danks has had defamation case against ASADA tossed out of court.

Seems the toothless tiger has awoken, grown a new set of teeth, and is going for the kill.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If true I wonder what penalty the players face and if any if one Todd Carney feels like a change...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Couple of things I wonder about:
Would half a mill be enough to effectively send the club to the wall?
Would the NRL allow that to happen (by way of afine imposed by them)?
Is there any way the fine can be legally binding anyway, if given by the NRL and not a government entity?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like timmy sheens is going to get the call up to cronulla.

lol i wonder who else is involved?

N

Natboy

Steve Glass & Greg James don't come
cheap. I think Gallen can see the end for him is very near

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Steve Glass & Greg James don't come
cheap. I think Gallen can see the end for him is very near
Yeah phuck me that seems all full on hey. I couldn't believe the 'resume' or experience of his team. Almost like he has been charged with murder or something. I've had to use the services of legal professionals, bloody bikes, but I couldn't believe what it costs. I can imagine how much these guys are charging. What a mess.

N

Natboy

He'd be looking at 10k a day at least (when they are actually working on his case)
He must have something to hide and if he does I don't think they will
go lightly on him

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's around the average yearly salary every week! He did break away from the group early didn't he. What I'd do to be a fly on the wall.

N

Natboy

No one is saying much. Even mutual family/friends of ours are quiet when they usually talk (brag) constantly about him. I won't speculate too much but it doesn't look good
I know he trains his arse off & is always first to get to training & last to leave.
I've never been a fan even since we were kids but I do feel a bit sorry for him
This thing has dragged on way too much. Very unprofessional

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's always difficult isn't it. People work hard then stuff it all up. It's their fault, they can't blame everyone or use that excuse to somehow justify what they've done. Many people work hard and don't get the opportunities. He is a senior representative player and should have known better, especially with how full on it apparently is.

I did kinda feel sorry for him, but not anymore. It's a sad sitcho isn't it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ffs put them all on peptides make it an even playing field lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the words of The Carpenters "The carnival is over".

Source: ASADA probe complete, says Andruska

Andruska told a Senate committee on Wednesday night that her organisation would now prepare briefs for retired Federal Court judge Garry Downes to review and he would decide whether to pursue any cases against individuals.

For such cases with enough evidence to pursue, they will be sent to the Anti-Doping Violation Panel for preparation of an infraction notice.

"Mr Downes will look at the information and the evidence and say how the cases will be taken forward," Andruska told the hearing.

"He's providing an independent view. This has been an investigation that's been under extreme scrutiny from the beginning. At some point someone was going to come into ASADA and undertake a complete review."

Federal Sports minister Peter Dutton, who appointed Downes to the role, recently said the retired judge would be expected to provide an assessment by April.

.... more at the source ....
Lets guess how this will play out: Nobody will be persued as an individual and it'll all get swept under the carpet as if it never occurred. ASADA will look like a farce/toothless tiger, and everyone in 6 months will have forgotten they even existed.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In the words of The Carpenters "The carnival is over".

Lets guess how this will play out: Nobody will be persued as an individual and it'll all get swept under the carpet as if it never occurred. ASADA will look like a farce/toothless tiger, and everyone in 6 months will have forgotten they even existed.
Im unsure what to make of this, especially since ASADA did not even interview the main person involved in this mess (Dank).

Either, everyone interviewed just blamed Dank or the supplements he used were all legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.