CONNOR WATSON / BENJI MARSHALL

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would love getting Benji in for next year. He would come at minimum wage and deliver the spark that is needed. Provided we let go of Cogger, that is Lewis, Wakeham, Green and Benji on the books for next year with 3 of them off the books in 2022.

I'd be going Marshall at 6 and Wakeham at 7 and when Green is fit he comes in at 7.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree on Burton. Disagree on BSmith. He is one dimensional. We need a more modern day hooker that can pass crisply off the ground, has a good running game out of dummy half. Be able to put in grubbers into the in goal and long kicks if required. He should be fast enough to get out of dummy half and drift across field for set plays as well. Smith is an old fashioned hooker and is good, but not great in my eyes. He doesn't have any of these skills. Burton is a future gun, so we need to get him at all costs. My two cents
100%

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id take Benji for one year.
Wakeham at half Benji at 6 he could help Wakeham with his running game.
Offload Lewis!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if Wakeham gets a season under him with Baz as coach and Benji as a mentor he will only be better for it in 2022... who knows maybe Lewis will improve too. Then in 2022 when Burton is at 6, Wakeham has the experience to lead the team for Burton to play second fiddle.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think if Wakeham gets a season under him with Baz as coach and Benji as a mentor he will only be better for it in 2022... who knows maybe Lewis will improve too. Then in 2022 when Burton is at 6, Wakeham has the experience to lead the team for Burton to play second fiddle.
Benji will just want to keep playing lol

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Y sign a younger version of Kieran Foran with a worse injury record at the same age?
Brandon Smith on the other hand is a winner and effort player. Not as creative but solidifies the middle and his service is exceptional

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bunji on min wage for 1 season wouldn't be the worse.. obviously not ideal and obviously he can't defend but I'm scared of what other option the club takes lol

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe Connor Watson can be a great fit at hooker for the bulldogs.

He is off contract and he has experience. Under Barrett he can be similar to API KOROISAU.

He can be a match winner. Electric speed. Can also cover 6,7,9 easily.

At the right price he can be a great signing for 2 years, until someone else is available.

That is what I am suggesting. There is hardly any quality players on the market.

As a fan, I do not want to hear that I need to wait until 2022 to win another game.

We need something to atleast get us competitive and enjoy some wins.

Give foran 2 years to partner Green, if foran is definitely out then Benji Marshall who will be cheap, Watson at 9 will also be cheap.

Okunbor will be back on 1 wing. Contric is signed up as well.
Simpson back from injury with Adam Elliot.

All of a sudden we have a competitive team at full strength for 2021.

Barrett will have a base to build on

Barrett can implement his philosophy and culture.

Put some experience in the team

While plotting who he will target for 2022 when potentially there will be marquee players on the MARKET

We can't just accept to right off next year. We must get the best available players currently on the market.

Who we really want or who we would like to buy is out of our control until 2022.
Okunbor is shit!! His is a Canterbury cup player at best

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should have signed Benji instead of Green. If they sign Benji now, we'd have Green and Benji as halves next season.. That would be the anti-rebuild.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the trifecta with Adam blair, although even at 34 would still run rings around our homesick marquee.
They should have signed Benji instead of Green. If they sign Benji now, we'd have Green and Benji as halves next season.. That would be the anti-rebuild.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Those options arent dumb, its just a band aid is all. bno real digference bertween a 30 and 35 yr old if we are just buying time

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There are young halves at the club that are in desperate need of development. Benji may not be a bad option for that purpose. Throw in a post footy coaching role and it will seal the deal.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benji 2nd in the nrl for try assists fuck yeah

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
The fact that Tigers wanna offload him while hes 2nd in the nrl for try assists while Brooks just remains a passenger is crazy to me

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I feel like I’d rather our stabby fucking friend Fainu from Manly over Watson and B Smith as our 9. But I’d take B Smith as 13.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a benji fan, but think if we were to sign someone with his skillset, would should just sign a younger version in tristian sailor, i cant believe he is still unsigned.
Burton/ sailor
Starling
Asiata
Alex johnstone
Hethrington