Congratulations to the Queensland Suns U17 Netball team

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Celebration time, everybody!

My nephew is officially a state champion after playing Wing Defence in the Queensland Suns' Under 17 Netball team. The team beat a valiant Bond University Bull Sharks team 46-12 in the final of the state championships.

As an uncle, I couldn't be prouder. My sister was never very sporty and I taught the kid everything he knows about netball when he was a young nipper. To say I am pleased as punch would be an understatement.

I'm a little disappointed to hear of the abuse and heckling directed at the team by large sections of the crowd, but I can assure you my nephew is fine. You don't grow up to be a state netball champ without being made of some pretty stern stuff.

Please feel free to add your congratulations below. It truly is a proud day for everyone in the extended utility family.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/819d1d0101345dad1aee9ea814102456

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Celebration time, everybody!

My nephew is officially a state champion after playing Wing Defence in the Queensland Suns' Under 17 Netball team. The team beat a valiant Bond University Bull Sharks team 46-12 in the final of the state championships.

As an uncle, I couldn't be prouder. My sister was never very sporty and I taught the kid everything he knows about netball when he was a young nipper. To say I am pleased as punch would be an understatement.

I'm a little disappointed to hear of the abuse and heckling directed at the team by large sections of the crowd, but I can assure you my nephew is fine. You don't grow up to be a state netball champ without being made of some pretty stern stuff.

Please feel free to add your congratulations below. It truly is a proud day for everyone in the extended utility family.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/819d1d0101345dad1aee9ea814102456
Congratulations mate.
Hope your nephew goes all the wsy to the olympics. He deserves it after years of hard work you guys have put in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Congratulations mate.
Hope your nephew goes all the wsy to the olympics. He deserves it after years of hard work you guys have put in.
Thank you, my friend. Would love to see him on the podium one day!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty disappointed to see so few congratulatory posts, tbh! Sad day for unisex netball.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well done and congratulations to the team and the coach the families there has been a fair bit of negative media about this being unfair, it was an open competition for both genders, equality goes both ways, and these boys worked hard trained hard to compete

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty disappointed to see so few congratulatory posts, tbh! Sad day for unisex netball.
Like to see it with the Aussie women's cricket team too. Should be playing the Aussie mens team today not the Indian women!

All women's sport should go this way come to think of it. Girls can play till they are 10 or so and then get replaced by superior athletes in the boys. Unbeatable.

Last edited: