Congratulations Klemmer

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left the dogs lost his origin spot and will lose his Aussie jumper sucked in sane to woods instead of staying digging in and laying the platform scattered like rats, and both won’t play rep footy at seasons end .graham was older and what not but was a leader klemmer wasn’t all the hype they thought by next year knight fans will wanna fuck him off and when he is home sick up Newcastle and wants to come home he shouldn’t sign him

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Left the dogs lost his origin spot and will lose his Aussie jumper sucked in sane to woods instead of staying digging in and laying the platform scattered like rats, and both won’t play rep footy at seasons end .graham was older and what not but was a leader klemmer wasn’t all the hype they thought by next year knight fans will wanna fuck him off and when he is home sick up Newcastle and wants to come home he shouldn’t sign him
Some people are allergic to bee pollen, never met someone who was allergic to punctuation...

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mate has this theory that the whole klem scenario was all planned by the dogs and klem himself, that he take a couple years up at newy and make a couple million. and that way he could help us out with the cap and once we become cap compliant he will ask for a release from newy on compassionate grounds that he’s home sick to come back to the dogs in 2021.

And tbh I thought he was on crack for coming up with this theory. Lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Losing Graham will always hurt me more then any of the other names mentioned!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you say us, I guess you're referring to the team, not the Kennel. Many were ready to punt the coach until we won our last seven out of ten.
The coach did well to move aside and let the real leaders take control. Foran, JJ and DWZ have led our pack not Pay.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will be even more funny is if the dogs win a premiership with his time at Newcastle and they don’t even get a snif. Then that will be karma at its best

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More unsubstantiated bullshit
You're right, it's not substantiated but unless you watch the game, the body language and the player interviews ,with your eyes closed and ears blocked youll always be oblivious to the signs that the game leadership has moved out of Pays control . Josh Jackson talking about his strategy for 2nd half after assessing the oppositions game plan whilst breathless and walking off the field for halftime.

Foran using strategies such as kicking to the weaker side of the opposition and Lewis following suit and happily explaining to an interviewer that he took Forans lead.

DWZ leading by example, hitting defenders hard whilst on the attack.

Lewis using vision for one on one try savers..

You cannot train this into a game plan.. These individual acts of brilliance were the hallmark moments that kept us in the game.. And are not attributable to a coaches training The type of defence the boys are using comes from within.

A coach can be praised for constructing game plans that work but there were none that I can say we're obvious

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A coach can be praised for constructing game plans that work but there were none that I can say we're obvious
So does Pay get no credit for having the team attack the woeful right-edge defence of Turpin/ Isaako etc? Or for putting Hoppa (not Meany) at Fullback? Those decisions lead to a Meany hat-trick and Hoppa to get our sets started well from the back, as well as chime in with his fantastic hands during backline plays.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're right, it's not substantiated but unless you watch the game, the body language and the player interviews ,with your eyes closed and ears blocked youll always be oblivious to the signs that the game leadership has moved out of Pays control . Josh Jackson talking about his strategy for 2nd half after assessing the oppositions game plan whilst breathless and walking off the field for halftime.

Foran using strategies such as kicking to the weaker side of the opposition and Lewis following suit and happily explaining to an interviewer that he took Forans lead.

You cannot train this into a game plan.. These individual acts of brilliance were the hallmark moments that kept us in the game.. And are not attributable to a coaches training The type of defence the boys are using comes from within.

We shouldn’t have a coach and just invest the money into a few more pokies :grinning:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Losing Graham will always hurt me more then any of the other names mentioned!
Agreed he was a great leader not the flashiest player but he hated losing and still now gets filthy when he loses football games

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

You mean heads up footy?

So Pay deserves no recognition for encouraging it, not stifling it Desball style?

I'm not saying he deserves the credit, but FMD the bloke can't win no matter what he does sometimes, he's gotten more and more out of this team as the season wore on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It doesn't really matter if people want to keep hating that he's our coach. As long as the club stand by him we just need to deal with it. I didn't think signing a rookie coach was a great idea when he was bought in. I still don't know if he's got any tactical nous. But sometimes it just doesn't matter if the players can't execute the plan through a lack of confidence. Tim Sheen's seemed to be very astute tactically back at the Tigers. But had limited success in spite of that.

This season the team has progressed from the point where they would crumble at times and rapidly turn a hard fought close game into a heavy defeat when one error would lead quickly to a string of errors and successive tries going against us. If I recall correctly the team made comments to the effect that under Pay they'd try to play what was in front of them in the pre-season. For all we know he tried adjusting to more structured football when our most experienced half went down. But the bit about the team planning to play what was in front of them negates your comments about game leadership. Perhaps he's spent a long time developing their confidence in their ability to make their own plans during the game based on what they see happening.

I'm not trying to sell Pay as a super coach here. Just saying that we can only judge the quality of the games we watch. It's not entirely the coaching staff who should cop criticism nor the players for poor games. Nor should it be one or the other to get praise when we produce quality games.