Congrats Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mbye must be the first player in history to play in losing sides against the same day and with the opposing team scoring at least 30 points.
Same day? What do you mean same day?

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody in this thread sounds like a salty Ex. It's not his fault the old board offered him a massive salary that he probably wasn't worth. And despite that he played well enough in an average side to get another team to take a punt on him and get him off our wages. I'm happy he's gone but I wish him all the best and I hope he has a magnificent career.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Everybody in this thread sounds like a salty Ex. It's not his fault the old board offered him a massive salary that he probably wasn't worth. And despite that he played well enough in an average side to get another team to take a punt on him and get him off our wages. I'm happy he's gone but I wish him all the best and I hope he has a magnificent career.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind the bloke it’s more the point he has once again got massive money out of someone and isn’t worth it I think is what others are saying . Funny now its not our cap

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Really????
It’s not his fault that the club that took him in and helped him couldn’t help the club in desperate time?
He could’ve just took a pay cut and stayed and worked harder,
But no , he thinks his JT and wants more money.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really????
It’s not his fault that the club that took him in and helped him couldn’t help the club in desperate time?
I see it differently. IMO Mbye did help us by leaving. He was entitled to play out his contract if he wanted which would have been terrible for us. By accepting a transfer(not sure how much we are paying) it allows us to move on from him and get a better bang for our buck. Not having Mbye and Reynolds is a good thing

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I see it differently. IMO Mbye did help us by leaving. He was entitled to play out his contract if he wanted which would have been terrible for us. By accepting a transfer(not sure how much we are paying) it allows us to move on from him and get a better bang for our buck. Not having Mbye and Reynolds is a good thing
I agree but to say it’s not his fault that he got big pay from the club and instead of taking a pay cut like woods he stuck to his guns and moved on.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really????
You're literally criticizing a guy for trying to get the best deal for himself. He didn't write the cheque. We don't know what other offers he had on the table. Were supposed to have "professional negotiators" whos job it is to ensure we get maximum value in the market. Go be mad at them for failing to do their job if you think he was overpaid. Don't misdirect your anger.

I can't laugh at the irony of your comment. You expect this guy to sacrifice his earning potential to play for a club who's "fans" are literally celebrating his failure. You expect this guy to love this club and yet you offer him none in return.

The club is completely in the wrong in this situation. Be thankful he helped get his wages off our bill. He was entitled to stay here and get what we promised him. He's decided to help the club move forward and repair itself by moving his salary to another club. He's a victim of our bad decisions in this situation. So is Woods.

The change in this clubs fortunes starts
from the top down. Let's stop blaming our employees for the mistakes of our leaders.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but to say it’s not his fault that he got big pay from the club and instead of taking a pay cut like woods he stuck to his guns and moved on.
Nah he’s entitled to that money. It’s silly to expect him to walk away from money when he doesn’t have to. I never begrudge anybody from taking what’s theirs. We need to learn from this and who we offer deals too. From posts on here it looks like we may already have buyers regret regarding Cogger

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You're literally criticizing a guy for trying to get the best deal for himself. He didn't write the cheque. We don't know what other offers he had on the table. Were supposed to have "professional negotiators" whos job it is to ensure we get maximum value in the market. Go be mad at them for failing to do their job if you think he was overpaid. Don't misdirect your anger.

I can't laugh at the irony of your comment. You expect this guy to sacrifice his earning potential to play for a club who's "fans" are literally celebrating his failure. You expect this guy to love this club and yet you offer him none in return.

The club is completely in the wrong in this situation. Be thankful he helped get his wages off our bill. He was entitled to stay here and get what we promised him. He's decided to help the club move forward and repair itself by moving his salary to another club. He's a victim of our bad decisions in this situation. So is Woods.

The change in this clubs fortunes starts
from the top down. Let's stop blaming our employees for the mistakes of our leaders.
Do you really think he helped the club???
He went for more money that’s all it was,
Instead of getting good money for 3 years he got a deal for 4 .
Woods took a pay cut and helped the club Mbye is an over hyped self centred lazy footballer and hope he never gets another deal.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Nah he’s entitled to that money. It’s silly to expect him to walk away from money when he doesn’t have to. I never begrudge anybody from taking what’s theirs. We need to learn from this and who we offer deals too. From posts on here it looks like we may already have buyers regret regarding Cogger
Mbye isn’t worth 900k and Cogger isn’t not even close to that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not salty at all..

Mouthbyes best asset, is his ability to talk, and talk and talk, about how good a player he is.

If spoken word = ability, he'd be the lovechild of Cronk, Thurston and Smith, combined with the pace of Addo-Carr and the tackle breaking ability of SBW in his prime.

But the reality is far from that.

He chose to be lazy.
He chose to be slack.
He chose to sit on his hands rather than help the team, all the while commanding one of the largest salaries at the club.

Pay isn't to blame for him not supporting offloads, missing tackles, and not getting involved, only Mouthbye is.

If I had to make a car analogy, it would be like paying $300,000 for a beaten up Toyota Lexcen with 430,000 kms on the clock.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I don't think he's a bad athlete, just not a very good footy player. He's a local junior who apparently wanted to stay but was told he needed to move on in order for us to free up some cap space. I don't know how true that is but, I can't begrudge the guy for taking a ridiculous salary offered up by the three stooges, then being offered to the tigers for what I'm assuming to be equal pay. League is a short career and players have to maximise their earning potential however they can.

In saying all that I'll still give him shit because he's no longer a bulldog and hope he flounders at the tigpies

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not salty at all..
Salty texts incoming

Mouthbyes best asset, is his ability to talk, and talk and talk, about how good a player he is.
Do you expect him to talk about how horrible of a footballer he is? Why does his confidence and self belief make you salty?

If spoken word = ability, he'd be the lovechild of Cronk, Thurston and Smith, combined with the pace of Addo-Carr and the tackle breaking ability of SBW in his prime.
Lmaooo this is pure sodium chloride. :tearsofjoy:

But the reality is far from that.

He chose to be lazy.
He chose to be slack.
He chose to sit on his hands rather than help the team, all the while commanding one of the largest salaries at the club.
He was actually considered one of our best performers this season. He was the focal point of our attack while he was here. I don't know how much you expect him to be able to do. It's almost like you expected him to be the "lovechild of Cronk, Thurston and Smith, combined with the pace of Addo-Carr and the tackle breaking ability of SBW in his prime". Don't blame him for your unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying he was worth the money we were paying him, but his effort was definitely there. The proof is is in the pudding with Tigers taking the punt on him.

Pay isn't to blame for him not supporting offloads, missing tackles, and not getting involved, only Mouthbye is.
It's literally Pay's job to ensure that his players are organised, tactically drilled and motivated among a whole range of other things. If his players aren't that, then Pay has to take accountability. I'm not blaming Pay for the Mbye situation though. But you don't seem to understand that it's literally Pay's job to make sure those things happen. You don't seem to have a basic grasp of what the coach's job description is.

If I had to make a car analogy, it would be like paying $300,000 for a beaten up Toyota Lexcen with 430,000 kms on the clock.
Okay perfect analogy. Going to dumb it down for you.

Mbye = Toyota Lexcen
Bulldogs RLFC = The Buyer.

Why are you angry at the Lexcen being shit when really it's just the buyer being incompetant. You're literally angry at the Lexcen. Do you see why your anger is misdirected.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Magic Arrow.... he's shit.... either you are a closet Tigers fan or Moses Mbye himself.

I'll dumb it down for you:
1. The attacking plays he did, there is NO reason he couldn't have done the same at the Dogs.
2. He literally gifted the game to the Titans with 2 try assists.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Magic Arrow.... he's shit.... either you are a closet Tigers fan or Moses Mbye himself.

I'll dumb it down for you:
1. The attacking plays he did, there is NO reason he couldn't have done the same at the Dogs.
2. He literally gifted the game to the Titans with 2 try assists.
Moses does strike me as the kind of guy who would create an account on here and defend himself at whatever cost as well as engage in a shit throwing match with anyone who dares criticize "the great hype"

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Salty texts incoming

Do you expect him to talk about how horrible of a footballer he is? Why does his confidence and self belief make you salty?

Lmaooo this is pure sodium chloride. :tearsofjoy:

He was actually considered one of our best performers this season. He was the focal point of our attack while he was here. I don't know how much you expect him to be able to do. It's almost like you expected him to be the "lovechild of Cronk, Thurston and Smith, combined with the pace of Addo-Carr and the tackle breaking ability of SBW in his prime". Don't blame him for your unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying he was worth the money we were paying him, but his effort was definitely there. The proof is is in the pudding with Tigers taking the punt on him.

It's literally Pay's job to ensure that his players are organised, tactically drilled and motivated among a whole range of other things. If his players aren't that, then Pay has to take accountability. I'm not blaming Pay for the Mbye situation though. But you don't seem to understand that it's literally Pay's job to make sure those things happen. You don't seem to have a basic grasp of what the coach's job description is.

Okay perfect analogy. Going to dumb it down for you.

Mbye = Toyota Lexcen
Bulldogs RLFC = The Buyer.

Why are you angry at the Lexcen being shit when really it's just the buyer being incompetant. You're literally angry at the Lexcen. Do you see why your anger is misdirected.
Hello Moses do you want a belly rub??
Seriously the guy never repaid the faith shown in him.
Yes it proven that the money offerred to him was ridiculous but because he failed.
Had he tried and played to his potential we may all have been ok with his $900k salary.
Fact is he is lazy and frankly a passenger who demonstrates all the hallmarks of an underachiever resting on his laurels.
Thank god he is tigers problem now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Buyer Beware hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :grinning::hearteyes:
Just read the west tigers fan forum. Not a bad word about Mybe's performance!!
Except for mine.
Will look forward to reading their optimism turn to shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.