News Confirmed new nrl game coming out with new developers woohoo

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby League 2 (the first one) was the best (personally) because the controls were easy, and graphics were good.

Then they fucked it up adding like 4 buttons to throw a pass and score a try.

Animal Logic only does animated movies.
I put hundreds of hours into rugby league 2 on PC. The best league game by far

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I didn't like ARL96, was the camera angle always put me off. Unless I missed a setting to change it?

ET's had a good camera angle (and that "cheat" where if you nailed the kickoff in a very specific horizontal and vertical - every single time you'd get it to just bounce in then into touch and get the ball back).

Once the games started to focus more on controllers/consoles, the ability to play on keyboard went out the window (which I fully understand - however for those of us that lack the co-ordination to use a controller, that means having to remember like 20 different keys, instead of a relatively simple 5 or 6).

My heart tells me Nathan Cleary would be covering the front page of the game
Peter Vlandys with a massive manspread.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's Big Ant again, they'll be needing to pull their finger out.

They recently rush-released Cricket 22 in time for the Ashes and it was a disgrace - early adopters have basically been beta-testing a full price game after purchase. They are now releasing a patch per week to progressively address the bugs. The first patch morphed Tim Paine into Cummo on the title screen lol.

They have also just released a patch for their Australian Open 2 tennis game which puts the latest sponsors on the court side.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They recently rush-released Cricket 22 in time for the Ashes and it was a disgrace - early adopters have basically been beta-testing a full price game after purchase. They are now releasing a patch per week to progressively address the bugs. The first patch morphed Tim Paine into Cummo on the title screen lol.

They have also just released a patch for their Australian Open 2 tennis game which puts the latest sponsors on the court side.
Even top tier developers are doing the same thing, rare to play a game that's new and not have patches fixing things that should have been tested properly, CP 2077 rings a bell - over hyped and under delivered on release.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nathan maybe the best player in the game but is he as marketable as some of the more exciting stars of the game like JAC, Turbo, Tedesco, Ponga, etc?

Plus, some of the player likeness on Fifa are terrible, imagine what theyd do to Nathan's head..
Hard to market a premiership and Origin-winning halfback.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Not big ant