News Confirmed new nrl game coming out with new developers woohoo

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I've been glad of every new RLL game that's been released, the only one that I ever enjoyed much was the first one. They've become progressively more difficult to play with each new version. The play features they've introduced aren't terrible, they just don't ever work smoothly. I played about a seasons worth of RLL4 and still had no fucking idea on how to put a kick in during general play after about 6 hours. At that point I got the shits and returned the copy I borrowed from a nephew.

So I am grateful for the last producers for taking a gamble on a game with a limited fan base world wide. But I hope whoever makes this game, does it well. I don't want to invest 20 hours learning the basics. So I've taken a try before I buy motto with league games.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rugby League 2 (the first one) was the best (personally) because the controls were easy, and graphics were good.

Then they fucked it up adding like 4 buttons to throw a pass and score a try.

Animal Logic only does animated movies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Never played a good Nrlol game

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My heart tells me Nathan Cleary would be covering the front page of the game
Nathan maybe the best player in the game but is he as marketable as some of the more exciting stars of the game like JAC, Turbo, Tedesco, Ponga, etc?

Plus, some of the player likeness on Fifa are terrible, imagine what theyd do to Nathan's head..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd love EA to do a NRL game but there isn't enough money in it for them to do it. I don't think the NRL games have been good for their time since the PS2 but they're still fun when they first drop if you're playing online (game dies pretty quickly). There are always plenty of issues, some that someone who's just a consumer would think they're easy to fix/rectify/add but I guess they're very small indie companies so you can't ask for much.