Computer Problem - Help?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For some reason whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard it doesn't repeat - eg I need to keep pressing backspace in order to delete multiple letters, or keep pressing spacebar to leave multiple spaces etc - it's pretty annoying. I've already searched google and can't seem to find a way to fix this. It's not the sticky keys as I've toggled that on and off. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you can get another keyboard plug it in and test it out. That way you will know if it’s just the keyboard or a software/setting problem

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's a hardware issue because the problem would affect one or 2 keys...

You mustve triggered something when you left the Vaseline bottle on the keyboard :tearsofjoy:

Try go to keyboard settings and adjusting the repeat delay bar or try doing a driver update on your keyboard.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's a hardware issue because the problem would affect one or 2 keys...

You mustve triggered something when you left the Vaseline bottle on the keyboard :tearsofjoy:

Try go to keyboard settings and adjusting the repeat delay bar or try doing a driver update on your keyboard.
Wahesh isnt a horny dog anymore. He's getting engaged

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For some reason whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard it doesn't repeat - eg I need to keep pressing backspace in order to delete multiple letters, or keep pressing spacebar to leave multiple spaces etc - it's pretty annoying. I've already searched google and can't seem to find a way to fix this. It's not the sticky keys as I've toggled that on and off. Any suggestions?

Thanks
That's usually filter keys (it's below sticky keys)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was also struggling with the no repeat on the keys but after holding the right shift key down for about 10 seconds there was a small beep and now every key will repeat just by holding it down as it should.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was also struggling with the no repeat on the keys but after holding the right shift key down for about 10 seconds there was a small beep and now every key will repeat just by holding it down as it should.
I read that online somewhere.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I read once somewhere that putting a slice of cheese in the cd drive might help.

Disclaimer do so at your own risk
Do people even have CD players anymore? Heck, do they even make CD players anymore?

Wahesh

Reaction score
I fixed it.
Thanks mate. That was actually one of the first things I tried yesterday and read that solution on the Microsoft forums. It didn't work on my laptop. Anyway I shutdown my laptop and went home for the day. I logged back on to continue working from home and it worked (without me doing anything). Then this morning... same problem occurred. I tried the right shift key trick and it worked. We're in business.

Thanks dude :grinning: