Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played right through it and there was some aspects I liked about it, but much I didn't like. It gets very repetitive, most of the characters in the game aren't very likeable, the game is way too long with it taking around 80 hours to get through the story and 150 hours to get the true ending. And compared to Greece in the last game, England is dead boring.

But when you unlock dual wielding 2handers and you just crush people, feels so good. Plus the free Kassandra (Odyssey) quest they added was good. The Valhalla stuff is great, and a lot of the DLC is good. Unfortunately I just didn't like the main story much. Especially the ending. Rubbish ending. But if you enjoy the gameplay then keep going with it.

Personally I much preferred Assassin's Creed Odyssey. If you haven't played that, I highly recommend it. Especially if you're into Greek mythology and history.
Yep I hear ya. It is pretty basic as far as gameplay goes. I was taken by the visuals, but many games are like that now. I haven’t gone very far, but already understand the criticisms.

The only other AC game I’ve played is Black Flag, which I wanted for the pirate theme. I may check out Odyssey. It’s free on game pass so why not?

My latest binges have been playing Forza Horizon 5. A fun arcade racer with heaps of cool cars including some classic Aussie muscle cars, but can be quite tedious once the initial shine wears off.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to boycott the Hogwarts game because Harry Potter is shit. Got dragged to the first movie because Lord of the Rings was sold out. Crap movie. Never bothered with the rest. Almost as bad as Fast and Furious.
Still haven’t watched a whole one. Only seen bits and pieces if it’s on tv. Feels a bit wrong watching child witches and wizards tbh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This isn't fair, I could've had an OF account and made a living off that if my parents never mutilated my body :(
Then you'd end up like Bella who became Tiktok/Instagram famous, got divorced, and had to give her husband half ($8 billion)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep I hear ya. It is pretty basic as far as gameplay goes. I was taken by the visuals, but many games are like that now. I haven’t gone very far, but already understand the criticisms.

The only other AC game I’ve played is Black Flag, which I wanted for the pirate theme. I may check out Odyssey. It’s free on game pass so why not?

My latest binges have been playing Forza Horizon 5. A fun arcade racer with heaps of cool cars including some classic Aussie muscle cars, but can be quite tedious once the initial shine wears off.
Love Forza Horizon series.

If you do play Odyssey, play as Kassandra. Best character since Edward Kenway. The male version (Alexios) is boring.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I finished the story in Ragnarok, the ending was meh. Not sure if I'll complete the game, might start Miles Morales instead.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I finished the story in Ragnarok, the ending was meh. Not sure if I'll complete the game, might start Miles Morales instead.
There's a tonne of stuff to do after the main story. Stuff that you can only access after the main story, but it's not too exciting. Some interesting stuff but really just more of the same. My recommendation is to do the funeral quest then quit after that. The funeral Quest is quick and it gives you the true ending.

Miles Morales is excellent. One of the most underrated games. People rated it low because it's short in comparison to Spider-Man 2018, but it's still longer than every Call of Duty campaign so no biggy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's a tonne of stuff to do after the main story. Stuff that you can only access after the main story, but it's not too exciting. Some interesting stuff but really just more of the same. My recommendation is to do the funeral quest then quit after that. The funeral Quest is quick and it gives you the true ending.

Miles Morales is excellent. One of the most underrated games. People rated it low because it's short in comparison to Spider-Man 2018, but it's still longer than every Call of Duty campaign so no biggy
I'll probably do the berserkers too. I can't even remember how the other Spiderman even finished, guess it is a while ago if it was 2018

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll probably do the berserkers too. I can't even remember how the other Spiderman even finished, guess it is a while ago if it was 2018
All you really need to know is that Miles got spidey powers and told Peter he has spidey powers.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

How is Miles Morales on an old PS4 run?

what do you use?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All you really need to know is that Miles got spidey powers and told Peter he has spidey powers.
I played last night and it was a bit hard to get into, the colours just feel off. Probably just me and my long battle with HDR and my TV settings lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is Miles Morales on an old PS4 run?

what do you use?
I played on PS5 so couldn't say for sure. But I've heard it runs decent (30fps) on PS4 pro. Not sure about PS4 base.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've run out of things to play and I don't know what to do with my life.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s pretty hilarious how activist gaming websites keep bringing up the “controversy” surrounding hogwarts legacy coz of JK rowlings opinions.

No one besides literally 1-3% of the population care and are all on twitter. The boycott has made people wanna by the game even more making it a best seller on all platforms lmfao.

In the same breadth they’ll give episode 3 of the last of us a 10/10. Why? Literally coz minor side characters were adapted to be totally and utterly gay. A love story for the ages! Literally can’t make this shit up