Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you played Ghost of Tsushima? That's included in the upgraded PS+ and that game alone still costs over $100. I still haven't finished it, played every side quest available and then lost track of the main story and couldn't get back into it lol
my bad, played it again once the xpac was released it’s the most polished game I’ve played and excellent one at that.

knew I forgot one, it’s worth it if you can give it another shot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
my bad, played it again once the xpac was released it’s the most polished game I’ve played and excellent one at that.

knew I forgot one, it’s worth it if you can give it another shot.
So I've played more of GOW and are there skills missing from the previous game? Swear I could do all these sick moves with the axe and shit that don't appear in the skill tree, maybe I imagined it :tearsofjoy:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I've played more of GOW and are there skills missing from the previous game? Swear I could do all these sick moves with the axe and shit that don't appear in the skill tree, maybe I imagined it :tearsofjoy:
Im 7 hours in and moves Aren’t the same and I haven’t explored the talents yet. I doubt it will be much different if anything it will be stream lined.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im 7 hours in and moves Aren’t the same and I haven’t explored the talents yet. I doubt it will be much different if anything it will be stream lined.
I just worked out what I was talking about, it was the rune attacks. Just got my first rune a few minutes after posting my comment.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
im due in Feb and just waiting for the Black Friday sales to see if PSN will be discounted then I’ll stack 3 years and upgrade if the games good.

The problem I’m really picky with games and if they don’t grab me at the start I won’t play them. The only games I have played on my PS5 since launch are days gone, gow 2018, tLoU 1 and 2, Spider-Man games and gow.
Try Returnal (on PS Plus Premium). It's bloody challenging, but a ridiculously good game. It was my GOTY for last year.

There's a bunch of other excellent PS4/PS5 games on the Premium service if you haven't played them. For example:

Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Guardians of the Galaxy (my 2nd favourite game last year)
Demon's Souls (remake)
Bloodborne
Deathloop (my 3rd favourite game last year)
Control (one of the most underrated games of all time)
Artful Escape (drug fueled Pink Floyd album, and it's an Australian made game)

Plus all the Assassin's Creed games, Stray, Metro Exodus, and many others.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you played Ghost of Tsushima? That's included in the upgraded PS+ and that game alone still costs over $100. I still haven't finished it, played every side quest available and then lost track of the main story and couldn't get back into it lol
I smashed through the story and most of the side quests then let it rest. Then the expansion came out and I completely forgot how to play the game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a skill reset thing. I'm about an hour in and notice it too. Things like how you throw the axe away, then hold shield, then hit R2 and do an axe smash.

Right now I basically keep using the same 3 attacks and it's getting boring.

BTW, I'm playing on hard and it's not as challenging as the last game. But the combat is definitely more fluid. Some things feel a bit off though. You're right about the HDR. Doesn't seem right. But I think it's 'cause it's washed out ice.

I switched to 40fps most and got immediately smacked down. That mode does not work at all in this game. Feels like I'm playing at 5fps.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW. If you've never played it, everyone must play Bloodborne. Probably my all time favourite game.

Unfortunately it's 1080p 30fps, and that frame rate dips, even playing on PS5. But the game play and lore are worth it. And it's on PS Plus Premium.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a skill reset thing. I'm about an hour in and notice it too. Things like how you throw the axe away, then hold shield, then hit R2 and do an axe smash.

Right now I basically keep using the same 3 attacks and it's getting boring.

BTW, I'm playing on hard and it's not as challenging as the last game. But the combat is definitely more fluid. Some things feel a bit off though. You're right about the HDR. Doesn't seem right. But I think it's 'cause it's washed out ice.

I switched to 40fps most and got immediately smacked down. That mode does not work at all in this game. Feels like I'm playing at 5fps.
All I can remember is spamming all these sick moves in the previous game and now I can't do any of it. Throws me off because this basically feels pretty much like the previous GOW.

I started on the hardest difficulty but dropped it down because it was a bit too tedious. I also changed my HDR settings on the PS5, set the level to where the symbol wasn't viable rather than barely visible and that seems to have helped a bit. You are right about the ice because it isn't as noticeable once you go to another realm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I can remember is spamming all these sick moves in the previous game and now I can't do any of it. Throws me off because this basically feels pretty much like the previous GOW.

I started on the hardest difficulty but dropped it down because it was a bit too tedious. I also changed my HDR settings on the PS5, set the level to where the symbol wasn't viable rather than barely visible and that seems to have helped a bit. You are right about the ice because it isn't as noticeable once you go to another realm.
Vincent from HDTV Test does a good HDR tweak video. Basically he just says that if you want the most accurate, then on the white screens, take it all the way down to the bottom then go up by 15 clicks. Then on the black screen, go all the way to the bottom and leave it there. OLEDs have infinite black (blackest you can get), so there's no point putting it on anything above 0 because it will just wash out the shadows and detail.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Try Returnal (on PS Plus Premium). It's bloody challenging, but a ridiculously good game. It was my GOTY for last year.

There's a bunch of other excellent PS4/PS5 games on the Premium service if you haven't played them. For example:

Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Demon's Souls (remake)
Bloodborne

- I tried Death Stranding and couldn't get into it, I like his games like metal gear though.
- GoT I did replay when the xpac came out, started a new g+
- Guardians and Deathloop - I will play since they are included with the sub - thanks!
- Rogue games - I don't have the reaction skills I used too and getting constantly killed and starting again..no thanks!
- Not a fan of AC games, I started to play the latest one but its the same old stuff from the PS3 days and I could never get into them.
--
Give me a natural high quality unexaggerated image any day of the week over HDR.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Demon's Souls (remake)
Bloodborne

Guardians of the Galaxy was such an underrated game in my opinion. I think it suffered from being the next game after the abomination of the Marvel Avengers game, so people slept on it. Guardians of the Galaxy was an excellent single player experience game, I really enjoyed it and it had a banger of a soundtrack to boot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vincent from HDTV Test does a good HDR tweak video. Basically he just says that if you want the most accurate, then on the white screens, take it all the way down to the bottom then go up by 15 clicks. Then on the black screen, go all the way to the bottom and leave it there. OLEDs have infinite black (blackest you can get), so there's no point putting it on anything above 0 because it will just wash out the shadows and detail.
Yh I've got the black set like that, I'll check the others when I get on.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The great Kevin Conway who voiced Batman in a number of animated series and the magnificent Arkam Knight has passed away at 66 after a long illness.. A brilliant voice for the Bat.. R.I.P.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck Tyr the **** chatting shit because I'm looting :tearsofjoy:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck Tyr the **** chatting shit because I'm looting :tearsofjoy:
At least he gives input on what to do

Forgot one game I played also which was Ratchet and Clank - its a masterpiece of a game, looks phenomenal and runs perfectly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At least he gives input on what to do

Forgot one game I played also which was Ratchet and Clank - its a masterpiece of a game, looks phenomenal and runs perfectly.
That annoys me too, I'll be like 20 seconds into a puzzle and the games already blurted out everything I need to do.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That annoys me too, I'll be like 20 seconds into a puzzle and the games already blurted out everything I need to do.
Apparently there's an accessibility setting to increase the time before they help.

I am liking the game so far, but there's some things that feel off. The main one is Kratos. In the 1st game he felt like a tank that just destroyed everything. In this he's more agile, but feels weaker. Even when you do a finisher, he feels like he's not putting the effort in. And when I smash things with the axe, they barely flinch. There's no real impact.

Maybe it's just me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently there's an accessibility setting to increase the time before they help.

I am liking the game so far, but there's some things that feel off. The main one is Kratos. In the 1st game he felt like a tank that just destroyed everything. In this he's more agile, but feels weaker. Even when you do a finisher, he feels like he's not putting the effort in. And when I smash things with the axe, they barely flinch. There's no real impact.

Maybe it's just me.
Yes the combat isn't as satisfying as it was in the last game, drags on a little. I also don't even use the chaos blades at all unless I'm forced. Stunning enemies seem to be the most effective way of playing.