Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Networking question, since I bought my beast I've lost my man cave. But the misses suggested I use the kids toy room as my man cave.

Now the only problem is a networking one. I haven't got an Ethernet port in that room, and the closest one is on the other side of the house. I would love to get on installed (2nd floor so hopefully I can go through the roof void) but I think it will be too pricey.

Is there anything I can buy that turns WiFi into an Ethernet port? Would it reduce to WiFi speed, or will I keep the wired speed?
As deimus said, Ethernet over power is a great option.

If you buy one, don't buy anything below AV1200. Preferably AV2000.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Assman .. looking at probably $110-$150 to get a port run end to end. Cost goes down if you get more done generally.

That's professionally done. If you need someone to drop a cable let me know as I've got a REALLY good cabler I've used for all the places I've been in and he's very very good.

I think he charges around $120 a port.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks boys, much appreciated.

@Mr Invisible sounds very reasonable, I'll let you know when I need it done. Probably after Christmas. Thanks bro

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh, San Andreas > Vice City.

San Andreas, till this day, is still THE best game ever made.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh, San Andreas > Vice City.

San Andreas, till this day, is still THE best game ever made.
No doubt San Andreas had a better storyline and slightly better graphics, but VC equalises with a better setting and the greatest OST/radio stations of all time!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Accuforce black Friday sales$999
IMG_0405_zpseee86903.jpg

Considering fanatec direct drives are $1500 and $2500 its not a bad option to get into direct drive. They are also on v2 wheres fanatec are first gen

Reactions: K E

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you like your streaming services and TV shows, and don't want to keep a subscription running, check out PlayTV... impressive piece of software with a $20 USD pricetag (for a lifetime license), and allows you to "backup" tv shows from any major streaming service you happen to have an account with, as well as ones like HBO/Showtime/CBS which one cannot view in Australia.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody here know their way around setting up a gaming PC? I set one up about 10 years ago but lost track of all the new shit. Could anyone recommend a decent setup for about $3K including moniter etc?
I'm also looking for some advice on setting up a new gaming PC, mainly for the teenage kids but also for me. Its been ages since my last build and I'm now old and have no clue to what's what anymore. I reckon I'm looking around 3k also, including monitor, as I currently don't have any PC at all. Stuff like VR, overwatch etc. Can anyone suggest some kind of setup?

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm also looking for some advice on setting up a new gaming PC, mainly for the teenage kids but also for me. Its been ages since my last build and I'm now old and have no clue to what's what anymore. I reckon I'm looking around 3k also, including monitor, as I currently don't have any PC at all. Stuff like VR, overwatch etc. Can anyone suggest some kind of setup?
I can't, but go to this place in Sydney near the Capitol Theatre called Capitol Square. Go upstairs, and up there they have what's called "Technocity" and in there is a shop called "Fudachi" or something along those lines. I bought my rig from them in 2009 custom made for $780. Bro if you're spending $3000 they'll give you a rig on steroids. Just put $500 (if that) aside and get a monitor from them too. I got my 22 inch Samsung monitor from them for $250 in 2009 - and that was a bargain I couldn't comprehend.

http://www.capitolsquare.com.au/technocity.html

As for technical aspects, tell them you want something for gaming with a good graphics card and processor etc... they'll hook you up real well as they know what they're doing. Much better than MSY.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through Vice City now - just completed the Love Fist (LOL) and Biker missions.

I've decided next game on my list and trip down memory lane @K E and @ASSASSIN ... San Andreas 8-)

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Cheers Wahesh. I'll check them out.
No worries mate. They got a website as well so you can contact them directly and ask for a quote:

http://fudachi.com.au

FYI if you do purchase a computer with them they'll ask you for a deposit (about $100 or so) before they start building it so this is why it's good to get a quote first (this is standard though with all custom computers).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through Vice City now - just completed the Love Fist (LOL) and Biker missions.

I've decided next game on my list and trip down memory lane @K E and @ASSASSIN ... San Andreas 8-)
The amount of times I played through Vice City and San Andreas. Both are classic games from the GTA franchise.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cbf making a thread or looking one up so i'll post this here, but does anyone have the google pixel 3?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was looking for a h pattern shifter for racing i got the thrustmaster but wanted heavy duty came across this puppy
20171027_093304-600x511.jpg

Heavy duty as fuck then i seen the price
$2100 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No worries mate. They got a website as well so you can contact them directly and ask for a quote:

http://fudachi.com.au

FYI if you do purchase a computer with them they'll ask you for a deposit (about $100 or so) before they start building it so this is why it's good to get a quote first (this is standard though with all custom computers).
In all honesty, their reviews are not flattering.

@Owey @Samiken I'd only look at places like Mwave / JW, etc for custom "off the shelf" builds, because they are often featured in computer mags.

Anyone can throw together a computer and claim it's a gaming rig, but will quickly toss hands in the air when it doesn't work right.

Below is what I quoted up @tonee from parts not all that long ago. Prices updated as of today.

upload_2018-11-12_16-54-42.png

That's without a monitor but budget another few hundred for a decent (non gaming) 24/27" LCD.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

@Owey @Samiken I'd only look at places like Mwave / JW, etc for custom "off the shelf" builds, because they are often featured in computer mags.

Anyone can throw together a computer and claim it's a gaming rig, but will quickly toss hands in the air when it doesn't work right.

Below is what I quoted up @tonee from parts not all that long ago. Prices updated as of today.

View attachment 8099

That's without a monitor but budget another few hundred for a decent (non gaming) 24/27" LCD.
Cheers Mr I. Good feedback.

Wahesh

Reaction score

View attachment 8099

My goodness graphics card are worth an arm and a leg these days.

I haven't had any problems with my rig though which I purchased from Fudachi. If you take those specs to Fudachi, they might charge you less than that. Can't hurt to ask for a quote with those specs though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My goodness graphics card are worth an arm and a leg these days.

I haven't had any problems with my rig though which I purchased from Fudachi. If you take those specs to Fudachi, they might charge you less than that. Can't hurt to ask for a quote with those specs though.
True, but building a computer isn't just building a computer.

I've seen some absolutely shit build over the years, and some absolutely brilliant ones. If you crack the side on any of my builds for example, the wiring is normally meticulous.