Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame cause the graphics look insane. And why does a Roman have an English accent?

Hopefully AC: Black Flag isn't a flop as it looks pretty good. Batman Arkham Origins looks good and if it's as good as Arkham City, I'm sold.
I blame Russell Crowe.

I sat in on a Q&A with the Black Flag director. It was quite interesting. He kept reiterating the point that the main character is a pirate that has been trained by assassins, not the other way around. So this is more of a Pirate style character than someone who would hide in the shadows.

BTW, if you have a Vita don't get the Vita version of Arkham Origins. It's a side scrolling linear game, not at all what I was expecting.

Good thing about Xbox One over PS4 (if you're not a PC gamer), Titan Fall. Played some of it at the Expo and it's brilliant. Easily the best game I played on the day.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't wait to get ps4. Fifa and cod will go off. Dying for the new kingdom hearts game to come out should be epic after playing the others. Is there any nrl games coming out on ps4?

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was ringing around a few weeks back to see if i can pre order one. Only place that said i can was Harvey Norman. The guy said they have had all their pre orders sold out, but if i went into the store and paid in full now they can bump me up and guarantee me a console with the first batch that comes in.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
what is the main diff between ps3 n ps4...i mean how much better can it get?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
what is the main diff between ps3 n ps4...i mean how much better can it get?
More powerful than the current generation of PCs, plus Wireless N. A lot bigger update than something you'd see with iPhone.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the look of ryse. Might get that seems watch dogs got delayed

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
South Park Stick of Truth finally has a release date - 12 December 2013 for Australia.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
A month to go! CoD and AC: Black Flag will be my first victims >:grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I LOVE the AC franchise but the last two (Revelations and III) were massive let downs.

Good news about South Park as it looks fun/funny. It's on Next Gen, right?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really like the look of ryse. Might get that seems watch dogs got delayed
Get Batman Arkham Origins. Arkham City was massively under rated.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I LOVE the AC franchise but the last two (Revelations and III) were massive let downs.

The AC with Conner was shit, but I feel all the others were epic. Easily one of the best, if not THE best story lines ever.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The AC with Conner was shit, but I feel all the others were epic. Easily one of the best, if not THE best story lines ever.
Have to agree with you, Connor is a pussy.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
x86 architecture - prolly have hackers on psn by xmas :/

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More powerful than the current generation of PCs, plus Wireless N. A lot bigger update than something you'd see with iPhone.
You might be disappointed if you think the next gen is gonna be really powerful. They're struggling to even get 1080p out of them.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score

I dunno - it's getting released on 360 and PS3 but I assume it'll also be available on next Gen due to the release date

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You might be disappointed if you think the next gen is gonna be really powerful. They're struggling to even get 1080p out of them.
That's not really a power issue. The consoles are plenty powerful enough, the developers and programmers just haven't figured out how to program for it correctly.

In other words, expect lower resolution for the day one release games, a few months later the games will start coming out with full HD.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, I haven't played PS4 yet but played the Xbox One at EB Games Expo and the controller is ridiculously comfortable. I have rather large hands but the controller feels like it was designed for me. Played Fifa a bit, basically a direct port of the Xbox 360 version. Graphics looked exactly the same (could be tweaked before release)
So the PS4 controller is more like the 360 controller? That's a good thing, if it is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So the PS4 controller is more like the 360 controller? That's a good thing, if it is.
Not sure, haven't played the PS4 yet. Played the Xbox One and the Xbox One controller is the really comfortable one. That said, the comparison photos of the Ps4 and Ps3 controllers show the PS4 controller is larger including larger hand grips.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure, haven't played the PS4 yet. Played the Xbox One and the Xbox One controller is the really comfortable one. That said, the comparison photos of the Ps4 and Ps3 controllers show the PS4 controller is larger including larger hand grips.
I need to learn to read... Haha. Sorry, my bad.

Good news about the X Bone controller. I really like the 360 controller. Perfect for all games, IMO.