Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So I downloaded warzone br because I heard good things but I haven't played a cod game in yonks and have no fucking clue what's going on ffs

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Full PS5 reveal

Basically put. Not quite as powerful as the Xbox Series X as expected, but faster SSD, "revolutionary" new 3D audio.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
PS5 specs

Resident Evil 3 gameplay

I'll still likely get a PS5. Wish the hard drive was bigger even though you can upgrade or get an external HDD. Backwards compatibility is good as i have a shit ton of PS4 games, some that i definitely will like to replay at times. I know we haven't seen the console yet, but the Xbox looks horrible in my opinion.

RE3 I can't wait to play, another nostalgia trip just like RE2. Both games i played the hell out of on the original Playstation.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe the new NVIDIA Shield is finally being sold here, what's the main difference between the two models? From what I can tell the pro just has the extras if you want it for gaming?

Also what is Plex? It looks to only run on the Pro version?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe the new NVIDIA Shield is finally being sold here, what's the main difference between the two models? From what I can tell the pro just has the extras if you want it for gaming?

Also what is Plex? It looks to only run on the Pro version?
Pro has more storage and functionality. Good if you want to plug in usb devices like a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Also slightly better for gaming.

Plex is one of the best streaming services there is for local content. Basically download TV shows and movies then put them on your computer. Set up a server, stream stuff to your nvidia shield. PS4 also has Plex so you can just use your PS4 for that.

Plex is free. There's a paid version with more functionality but the free version works great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pro has more storage and functionality. Good if you want to plug in usb devices like a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Also slightly better for gaming.

Plex is one of the best streaming services there is for local content. Basically download TV shows and movies then put them on your computer. Set up a server, stream stuff to your nvidia shield. PS4 also has Plex so you can just use your PS4 for that.

Plex is free. There's a paid version with more functionality but the free version works great.
Okay doesn't seem like I need the pro, the $350 price tag does feel pretty hefty so might just go with the standard model and invest in an SD card if I need the extra storage. As long as this can handle excessive use then I'll/ just go pick it up this weekend and finally tell Foxtel to fuck themselves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started playing through Doom Eternal. It's awesome. Little buggy though but nothing major. Also melee sucks. It does nothing. Like the original Doom.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
GTA San Andreas PC, heavily modded with new cars, new weapons, textures + effects. This and Vice City are the best.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Video game logic: make the video game look real life... and make real life look like a video game.

haha that's mad with the Underground 2 overlay. Underground 2 on PS2 was a top game. Had so many options for modding the cars.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Started playing through Doom Eternal. It's awesome. Little buggy though but nothing major. Also melee sucks. It does nothing. Like the original Doom.
Yeah I'm having fun with it and also another awesomely djenty soundtrack!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Started The Witcher again...don't know what the fuck I last did in this game ffs

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Started The Witcher again...don't know what the fuck I last did in this game ffs
Haha, yeah I hate that when you play a game and then leave it for a bit and come back to it not knowing where you were up to or what was going on. I think i also did that with The Witcher and started it again. I think I've played through it 3 or 4 times now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I originally played about 5 hours of it then took an extended break. Went back to it and had no clue what I was doing so I started again right from the start then played straight through.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha, yeah I hate that when you play a game and then leave it for a bit and come back to it not knowing where you were up to or what was going on. I think i also did that with The Witcher and started it again. I think I've played through it 3 or 4 times now.
I originally played about 5 hours of it then took an extended break. Went back to it and had no clue what I was doing so I started again right from the start then played straight through.
I think I was trying to root Triss but now I'm going to a wake with Yen ffs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I was trying to root Triss but now I'm going to a wake with Yen ffs.
I rooted Triss, went to the wake with Yen then rooted Yen, then ended up with Triss in the end.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there any other rootable characters?
I'm pretty sure I rooted at least two others (one early in the game, one in the DLC)

Not as many as Assassin's Creed Odyssey though. I rooted pretty much everything in that game.