Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the biggest things holding back pc games is consoles, it is just not feasible for game companies to have completely separate code bases for their games, so they are hamstrung by the lowest common denominator which is usually the console.
In part. But it's technology more than anything. We've hit a stage in Chipset development where we can't put any more power into a small space and we can't increase the bandwidth much more than we currently have.

That means that our current technology is on the verge of hitting a wall. The next step is Quantum computing but that's over 10 years away.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Consoles hold their weight so well in gaming because the code is super optimised to specific hardware of consoles. Try that on PC and its far harder.

The next step is Quantum computing but that's over 10 years away.
Didn't this years Australian of the year get it for efforts towards Australias QC? If I recall correctly Australia is one of the leaders in this technology and Sydney Uni (?) actually have a QC already.

That said QC isn't designed for gaming, but rather processing data and scenarios on an astronomical scale.

For PC gamers it'll be more graphics card development in the future, as more and more goes off chip and loads up gfx cards.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure they do.... but could be wrong.

My reasoning behind buying them was:

PC - Always had a PC and been a PC gamer (hence why I can't aim for shit with a controller).
XBOX - Because I wanted to be able to play Forza series, and have a gaming setup away from the PC.
PS4 - Because I wanted to play PS exclusive games (mainly in the immersive / cinematic game space), which only PS does.

Fuck yeah ... Coolermaster Mastercase.... 3? Represent!

I've got the Mastercase 5 with the tempered glass side as well. Tis actually a really nice case.

I'm surrounded by 4 PCs here:
1. On on my desk (LianLi XP PC for playing legacy 98/XP games on). Last turned on about 3 years ago.
2. In workstation gap under desk (Corsair Obsidian 750D main rig/gaming pc).
3. On my height adjustable work bench (Mastercase 5 - Virtual Machine Server running Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Mitel SME Server / Redhat / CentOS).
4. Also on height adjustable work bench (Antec One Hundred - Virtual Machine running Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 / Linux).
Look, they probably do have an auto update but I couldn't care less about my PS4. Don't even know why I bought one seeing as I don't play any of the exclusives. Spiderman does interest me, though.

Yeah, it's a mastercase 3.1. The red vents can be changed to white, red or black which is pretty cool.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look, they probably do have an auto update but I couldn't care less about my PS4. Don't even know why I bought one seeing as I don't play any of the exclusives. Spiderman does interest me, though.

Yeah, it's a mastercase 3.1. The red vents can be changed to white, red or black which is pretty cool.
If you haven't played through the Uncharted games, the Last of Us and the new God of War, your life really isn't worth living.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that the one they call the walking simulator?

And I've played other God of War games before. They should call them God of QTE...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really wish they would bring the Last of Us to pc, obviously not going to happen but would be awesome.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that the one they call the walking simulator?

And I've played other God of War games before. They should call them God of QTE...
Nah. Walking simulators are firewatch and other games like that. Last of Us is flowery zombies and Johnny Cash

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, it was between RDR2 and God of War for game of the year. Half the places gave it to RDR2, the other half gave it to God of War

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A behind the scenes of AC:Odyssey. Have to say that the animators for the female lead didn't do the voice actress justice

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A behind the scenes of AC:Odyssey. Have to say that the animators for the female lead didn't do the voice actress justice

Really? They're both hot, IMO.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do you guys get your pc games from? Just Steam?

Humble bundle and CD keys any good?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait, steam has DRM?!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

For me almost all via Steam, but I've heard of others getting stuff from CDKyes, Humble Bundle and GOG.

I also get stuff off Adventuregameshop.com (now called gamesplanet.com and sadly nowhere near the number of advventure games for sale anymore), greenmangaming.com, XB Live, Ubisoft Store, EA Store.

Reactions: K E

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I've heard G2A is at worst borderline illegal and at best shifty?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Usually Steam, humble bundle and CD Keys. Cdkeys is the best place if you're looking for something specific. Steam is good if you can wait for steam sales. Humblebundle is great for getting a bunch of random things at once.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I've heard G2A is at worst borderline illegal and at best shifty?
Yep. G2A is kind of like Amazon/ebay where most of the keys you're buying are actually sold by members of the public. So you can pretty much guarantee most of them fell off the back of a truck.