Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, um, kinda got the game today... Dude, it's fucking brilliant. They took an already awesome game in origins and added to it. Very RPG based which I like.

It's the same, old AC formula but, for some reason, can't get enough of. There's something so satisfying in being a silent assassin and just butchering *****.

I'm not usually into Greek mythology but damn it's got me hooked.
So it got the better of you then mate and you had to get it?

I've got mine but have yet to play it as I had a friends b'day party Saturday night and drunk myself retarded didn't get home til 6 am and then spent all Sunday sleeping and being too hungover to want to do anything lol.

I will definitely fit in some play time during the week though.

What they have done is evolve the Assassin Creed brand. I don't mind RPG elements in games, it allows you to develop your character to how you want to use them. I know one thing I will be added to my character is the Sparta kick so I can kick mofos left and right.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So it got the better of you then mate and you had to get it?

I've got mine but have yet to play it as I had a friends b'day party Saturday night and drunk myself retarded didn't get home til 6 am and then spent all Sunday sleeping and being too hungover to want to do anything lol.

I will definitely fit in some play time during the week though.

What they have done is evolve the Assassin Creed brand. I don't mind RPG elements in games, it allows you to develop your character to how you want to use them. I know one thing I will be added to my character is the Sparta kick so I can kick mofos left and right.
Haha. Yeah, the missus calls me and goes "I'm at the shops, do you want anything?".

Such an awesome game. Stayed up until 3:00 am playing it. "just one more mission".
The Sparta kick never gets old. And the good thing is you get it early on.

The naval combat is almost as good as Black Flag, too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still need to play through Origins. I keep trying it but something doesn't feel right to me. Not sure what it is but it doesn't feel as fluid as it should be. It could be 'cause I played too much Shadow of War which has a similar style but ridiculously fluid movement. Still, I love flattening people with the heavy weapon.

I sat down the other night and decided to give it a good go. Managed about 5 minutes of play before I got dragged into a Battlefield 1 session.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still need to play through Origins. I keep trying it but something doesn't feel right to me. Not sure what it is but it doesn't feel as fluid as it should be. It could be 'cause I played too much Shadow of War which has a similar style but ridiculously fluid movement. Still, I love flattening people with the heavy weapon.

I sat down the other night and decided to give it a good go. Managed about 5 minutes of play before I got dragged into a Battlefield 1 session.
Played both, liked both prefer Origins. It did feel weird to me at first but I think it was because I was so used to the other ACs. Now this is the norm for me and it feels so much better.

Seen you've been playing it a bit more, are you far in?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played both, liked both prefer Origins. It did feel weird to me at first but I think it was because I was so used to the other ACs. Now this is the norm for me and it feels so much better.

Seen you've been playing it a bit more, are you far in?
Nah. A couple of hours in but I am getting the hand of it. My biggest problem was the free running. I'd sneak through an area then go to climb a wall and instead I'd heavy attack the wall and bring everyone down on me.

Getting better at it now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SO... I have a $50 JB Gift Card, plus cash from my birthday many moons ago..

But I'm unsure what do to:
a) Buy Forza Horizon 4 (the version I can also play on PC at a later time). I've got a heap of enjoyment from FH3.
b) Buy Detroit Beyond Human. even though I've barely spent more than 30 minutes with the PS4 turned on.
c) Wait for The Last of Us 2 / Life is Strange 2 (I don't think either is out yet).
d) Buy Shadow of the Tomb Raider (XB or PC).
e) Wait for Battlefiled 5 (XBOX) and buy it.

Not really into Assassins Creed or RPG games, mainly adventure stuff. I'm unco at aiming on consoles which doesn't help either.

First world problems, but since I'm between jobs still I can't afford to be buying games that often.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

a) Buy Forza Horizon 4 (the version I can also play on PC at a later time). I've got a heap of enjoyment from FH3.
b) Buy Detroit Beyond Human. even though I've barely spent more than 30 minutes with the PS4 turned on.
c) Wait for The Last of Us 2 / Life is Strange 2 (I don't think either is out yet).

Not really into Assassins Creed or RPG games, mainly adventure stuff. I'm unco at aiming on consoles which doesn't help either.

First world problems, but since I'm between jobs still I can't afford to be buying games that often.
Detroit Become Human is alright. Pretty much just like every other quantic dream game. If you don't mind cinematic games then you should be fine. Also it should be a lot cheaper by now. I got my copy for free.

Life Is Strange 2 first episode is already out, but I've never played the first as I didn't interest me.

Last Of Us 2 is still a while away I say. They still have not given a release date yet.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Detroit Become Human is alright. Pretty much just like every other quantic dream game. If you don't mind cinematic games then you should be fine. Also it should be a lot cheaper by now. I got my copy for free.

Life Is Strange 2 first episode is already out, but I've never played the first as I didn't interest me.

Last Of Us 2 is still a while away I say. They still have not given a release date yet.
Yeah I'm a MASSIVE Quantic Dream Fan.... Heavy Rain (which I still haven't played), but pretty much that was the reason I bought the PS4 (for cinematic adventure/mystery games).

LIS I haven't played the first either but have it on XBOX and PC.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a MASSIVE Quantic Dream Fan.... Heavy Rain (which I still haven't played), but pretty much that was the reason I bought the PS4 (for cinematic adventure/mystery games).

LIS I haven't played the first either but have it on XBOX and PC.
Yeah I like quantic dream games also, just for something different. Fahrenheit was the first one I played which got me into them. I didn't play Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls until I got my PS4 and then yeah I got Detroit when my mate got sent 2 copies so he gave me one cuz he knew I wanted it.

Supermassive Games also take the same formula. I really liked Until Dawn and am interested to see what they do with their new horror trilogy that they are working on now.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Hold on dude... don't you have something like 200 games you haven't played yet? Why don't you get started on some of them? Then eventually you can buy one of more of the above games and hopefully the price would've taken a nose dive by then?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I honestly haven't played much of Forza Horizon 4 since I bought it. It's still fun but it just feels like its not that different to FH3. That said, I've only played it on Xbone so far and my racing wheel is a PC racing wheel so I haven't given it a full go yet.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is good if you enjoyed the others. Played through it and enjoyed it from start to finish. I'd rate it as better than the second game but not as good as the first.

Other than that I'd suggest waiting for BF5.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I like quantic dream games also, just for something different. Fahrenheit was the first one I played which got me into them. I didn't play Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls until I got my PS4 and then yeah I got Detroit when my mate got sent 2 copies so he gave me one cuz he knew I wanted it.

Supermassive Games also take the same formula. I really liked Until Dawn and am interested to see what they do with their new horror trilogy that they are working on now.
I played through Heavy Rain and hated it. I stuck through it hoping it would get better but it never did. It left so many plot holes and it seemed like they just chose the killer at the last moment. There wasn't a single clue.

Started Until Dawn though. About 2 hours into it and I'm loving it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I played through Heavy Rain and hated it. I stuck through it hoping it would get better but it never did. It left so many plot holes and it seemed like they just chose the killer at the last moment. There wasn't a single clue.

Started Until Dawn though. About 2 hours into it and I'm loving it.
I didn't mind Heavy Rain but I also see your point with it too. Quantic Dream games are the kind of games that you either love them or hate them.

Until Dawn I liked it, I reckon it was a slept on game. It's fun playing it with a couple of friends. Must say the graphics and character animations were pretty decent for when it came out. Plus Hayden Panettiere, little stunner she is letting them use her likeness and voice.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seems all the games I'm looking at are $79, except Forza being $139 for Digital Copy.

Yeah same here... Fahrenheit on PC had me hooked (except the end about 30% of the game).

Have got BTS, Heavy Rain, Until Dawn all on PS4 and yet to play any of them.

There was a pack Sony released ages ago that had all 3 for PS4, so got that :D

Hold on dude... don't you have something like 200 games you haven't played yet? Why don't you get started on some of them? Then eventually you can buy one of more of the above games and hopefully the price would've taken a nose dive by then?
Yeah I do ... but I normally get games before they go EOL and are harder to buy.

Only few exceptions to that.

My problem is getting time to sit down and immerse myself into a game.

That's where cheap hidden object games and stuff like Peggle were good. You can spend 5 minutes or 5 hours on them.

I honestly haven't played much of Forza Horizon 4 since I bought it. It's still fun but it just feels like its not that different to FH3. That said, I've only played it on Xbone so far and my racing wheel is a PC racing wheel so I haven't given it a full go yet.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is good if you enjoyed the others. Played through it and enjoyed it from start to finish. I'd rate it as better than the second game but not as good as the first.

Other than that I'd suggest waiting for BF5.
Is there a recurring story as I have some Tomb Raider games on PC, and none on console (but I can't see Shadow running on my current PC.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems all the games I'm looking at are $79, except Forza being $139 for Digital Copy.

Yeah same here... Fahrenheit on PC had me hooked (except the end about 30% of the game).

Have got BTS, Heavy Rain, Until Dawn all on PS4 and yet to play any of them.

There was a pack Sony released ages ago that had all 3 for PS4, so got that :D

Yeah I do ... but I normally get games before they go EOL and are harder to buy.

That's where cheap hidden object games and stuff like Peggle were good. You can spend 5 minutes or 5 hours on them.

Is there a recurring story as I have some Tomb Raider games on PC, and none on console (but I can't see Shadow running on my current PC.
Play Until Dawn, it's not an overly long game as it's been made to be replayed because their are many choices and outcomes.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Battlefield 5 and farm sim released on the same day.
Order both lol
That days going to be long for me

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Just dive right in mate that's the easiest way to do it. Then it's all downhill. I remember I bought Hitman: Blood Money and Juiced 2 a few years ago when they were like $10 each. Next month I went to Europe and didn't even get started on them. When I came back the desire to play them had gone. I ended up playing them both the following year and regretted not playing them earlier.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. I'd definitely suggest playing them in order. While each is technically its own story, there's an ongoing story based on conspiracies and stuff. The 3rd game wraps the whole story up.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 has a 50gb day one update on top of the 55gb install for physical copies. Supposedly though after 30% of the update is downloaded you'll be able to play Blackout mode aka battle royal while the rest is downloading.

On top of 115gb with CoDBO4 (the recommended room they suggested) plus the 105gb for Red Dead Redemption my hdd gonna take a hit.