Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As far as quality goes, it's like anything. I worked for Dell for a while and my job was to get old, refurbished hard drives, Mark the bad sectors, format them about 10 times then install them in a computer or laptop which was sold as brand new.

Everyone does that shit.

Fortunately Australian consumer laws provide decent protection against dodgy warranties as long as you don't buy it from overseas.
All hard drive manufacturers (and tape drive manufactures) have what they call a "pool".

When parts fail they are returned to the pool, repaired, and replaced to the customer with another previously repaired item from the pool.

Hard drives not as much as tape drives though.

Then again these days only Seagate and Western Digital are making mechanical drives.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does every gaming keyboards have super raised keys? I like my keys flat as can be. Is it to know you've pressed the key?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blops 4 beta is now open for everyone if you sign up to Activision. Haven't tried Blops 4 yet but I'm fully expecting it to be complete rubbish.

bit.ly/MyCODBeta

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why does every gaming keyboards have super raised keys? I like my keys flat as can be. Is it to know you've pressed the key?
Prefer them raised, not a fan of flat keyboards at all. I have a gaming keyboard and they're just raised normally though not super high.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blops 4 beta is now open for everyone if you sign up to Activision. Haven't tried Blops 4 yet but I'm fully expecting it to be complete rubbish.

bit.ly/MyCODBeta
The Blackout mode, or know as Battle Royal mode look interesting. Also I only found out that this Call of Duty is multiplayer only. There is no campaign/story mode.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Blackout mode, or know as Battle Royal mode look interesting. Also I only found out that this Call of Duty is multiplayer only. There is no campaign/story mode.
Yep. That's kinda sad. I really enjoy the single player campaigns on the COD games but I can never get into the multiplayer.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's kinda sad. I really enjoy the single player campaigns on the COD games but I can never get into the multiplayer.
I hear you. I was always a fan of the COD games, specially the Modern Warfare series. I also liked the multiplayer for them too. I left the CODs once they started going more futuristic and having the ability to wall run and rocket boost around the maps, turned into damn halo. Black Ops 4, though it has no campaign it has perked my interest with the fact it has gone back to boots on the ground and the Battle Royal mode could be interesting. I'll wait and see how it progresses before I make my mind up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played a it of BLOPS 4 Blackout. It's basically just Battle Royal but more arcadey

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Played a it of BLOPS 4 Blackout. It's basically just Battle Royal but more arcadey
But did you like it? And obviously better graphics than PUBG. I've played a little bit of PUBG at a mates place and I've tried Fortnite, but I found Fortnite just shite with the whole building and shit.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But did you like it? And obviously better graphics than PUBG. I've played a little bit of PUBG at a mates place and I've tried Fortnite, but I found Fortnite just shite with the whole building and shit.
Oddly enough the graphics were worse than PUBG. It is fun though. More accessible than PUBG. Pretty much every building you enter has decent guns on the floor so it's not a struggle to get weapons. It's a lot faster than PUBG as well.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough the graphics were worse than PUBG. It is fun though. More accessible than PUBG. Pretty much every building you enter has decent guns on the floor so it's not a struggle to get weapons. It's a lot faster than PUBG as well.
I'm surprised the graphics are not better seeing it's a AAA company compared to the guys who made PUBG. Cheers for the input.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm surprised the graphics are not better seeing it's a AAA company compared to the guys who made PUBG. Cheers for the input.
PUBG made that mistake. They went too hardcore on the graphics which resulted in issues. COD tweaked it for performance

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
PUBG made that mistake. They went too hardcore on the graphics which resulted in issues. COD tweaked it for performance
I'm considering getting it but at the same time I just ordered Spider-Man, plus next month I want to get Assassins Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm considering getting it but at the same time I just ordered Spider-Man, plus next month I want to get Assassins Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2.
Know what you mean. I need to get the new Tomb Raider, Red Dead 2, Forza Horizon 4, Soul Calibur 6, Battlefield 5 plus many others.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Know what you mean. I need to get the new Tomb Raider, Red Dead 2, Forza Horizon 4, Soul Calibur 6, Battlefield 5 plus many others.
It's always the way though like there is hardly any games out you want or they all come out close to one another.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Higher key caps have different key switches underneath. Means you can variably press a key rather than it being up or down. At least that's with the expensive mechanical keyboards.

I don't like them because they are noisy (even quite caps).

I use a G15 v2, but it's a bit of a pain (took getting used to).

Best keyboard I've used was the Cordless Desktop one from MX3100 bundle, with Logitech K800 a close second.

Worst would be the Razer one I bought (it's loud as hell), or the Logitech G610s (keys feel mushy as hell).

The Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 keyboards have a nice feel to them and are low keys.

But the good typing keyboards aren't gaming keyboards and vice versa.

Reactions: K E