Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved Days Gone, but it's a pretty long game. When you think you're at the end, you realise you're not even halfway through as another entire map opens up.

On the plus side, by the time I finished the main story it only took about another 2 hours to get the platinum, 'cause you end up doing much of the side stuff during the story (to get upgrades and such)

You also don't really fight your first horde until halfway through the game. You can fight them early, but it's tough without the correct equipment. But when you start fighting hordes and killing hundred of zombies in one go, the game really hits another level.
I recently got Days Gone for PS5, i played it twice on PS4, so i thought i would give it a go.

I'm early on, but i have killed a few hordes, i have 6 spots for Molotov's instead of the standard 3 so it makes it easier to get through them.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't played fallout 4 before so decided to download it, glad I heard its getting a update next week for next gen cause it needs it.

Playing on PC and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I recently got Days Gone for PS5, i played it twice on PS4, so i thought i would give it a go.

I'm early on, but i have killed a few hordes, i have 6 spots for Molotov's instead of the standard 3 so it makes it easier to get through them.
How'd you manage to get 6 Molotov spots?

I'm stuck on the horde in the cave after you find the dead NERO researchers. Tried about 30 times to wipe them out, even on easy mode, and no luck. Got shat off and haven't touched it for months lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't played fallout 4 before so decided to download it, glad I heard its getting a update next week for next gen cause it needs it.

Playing on PC and I'm looking forward to it.
I played about 15 hours of Fallout 4 when it originally came out. It's great, but I fell off 'cause of other things.

It's super RPG style, but other than that, it reminds me of GTA games. It has the same level of depth and complexity as those. But with extra levels of strangeness.

I think I will go back and play through it properly this time.

BTW, the TV show captured the games perfectly.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm stuck on the horde in the cave after you find the dead NERO researchers. Tried about 30 times to wipe them out, even on easy mode, and no luck. Got shat off and haven't touched it for months lol.
That one is bugged. I had to do it a few times until it accepted it as cleared. I think there's one that gets stuck in the wall and you can't clear him out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I played about 15 hours of Fallout 4 when it originally came out. It's great, but I fell off 'cause of other things.

It's super RPG style, but other than that, it reminds me of GTA games. It has the same level of depth and complexity as those. But with extra levels of strangeness.

I played the shit out of 4 or new Vegas. It was long ago so everything sort of just blends into one lol.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Was the show being advertised and reading it’s getting patched up that got me thinking about playing it.

With plenty to pick from if it doesn’t grab me I’ll move on.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

When you kill freakers and rippers, you earn XP, when the Meter goes to 100%, you get a skill point, i used my skill points to upgrade my stuff, swie down on the pad on the controller to view it.

I am up to the Mission where your locked out from the northside if i start it, but i have a few ripper camps to do before i start it.

I'm progressing quickly this time.

My health is minimal, but my Focus and Stamina is about 50%
1713405820787.png

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That reminds me. Really need to get back to the first game. Got about 6 hours in then fell off it for some reason. Really interesting game though.
It has a bit of a curve, if you try to do stuff before you have the skills it gets frustrating. Henry starts as a peasant with no skills, the game wants you to really take that on board.