Come on Gus announce more signings already..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really keen to know what sort of coin Gus has had to throw at Burton and did he take it?
It's hard to say.. I'd say on the old cap figure they would have offered around 750-800k plus TPAs.. With the new cap that might be closer to 850-900k plus TPAs.

But that's just me speculating and only a select few would know the real figures and what percentage is on the cap and what is through TPA's.. Burton would get a tonne of TPA's as he's the future of the club and very marketable like Fox..So his cap hit might not be as bad as his total reported contract figure would suggest...

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing to are we getting crichton and didnt nathan brown go to tigers

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we’re getting Nathan Brown, maybe the club see’s him as the answer to Josh Jackson’s workload and leadership absence

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been months and we haven't announced 1 signing. The Tigers have been spoiling their fans all year. Hurry up Gus!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please post a link to these bulldogs training photos with Nathan brown in the background

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im not really caring about who else we may get for 2024 at this stage. For all we know with this years team and a new coach, we may not even need anybody outside depth/development players in 2024

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well unlike most of you…. I subscribe to the David Holland Podcast each day

It’s a great listen…

Today, David said “Confucius say, To truly find yourself, you should play hide and seek alone”

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn't as it's bs lol he is Tigers bound the news hounds are saying..
Report the other day where Sheens said Bateman completes their forwards, now they're focusing on backs. We were favourites to get Brown before Tigers showed interest. Now they got Bateman I guess we're favourites again. He is a tackle machine apparently so would be a decent replacement for Jacko plus we need some experience in the forwards.

8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Kikau
12 RFM
13 N. Brown

14 Nu Brown
15 King
16 Pele
17 Sutton
18 Davey

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe we'll sign

Nathan Brown - Sheens said the other day Bateman completed their recruitment of forwards.

Stephen Crichton - if we weren't getting Crichton we surely would have signed someone like Tesi Niu by now who'se Dolphins bound apparently.

Mitchell Moses OR George Williams. I can't see Gus not coming up with one of these 2. If Gus wasn't very confident I believe we would have signed a 7 with potential like Jock Madden. Maybe the plan was to get Williams all along and we used signing his best friend Ryan Sutton to persuade him. Sutton's signing seemed a bit random otherwise. Sheens was talking the other day about re-signing Brooks and Doueihi so I'm unsure about their real interest in Moses. After extending Dylan Brown the Eels would be at least a few hundred grand a season less than what we can offer. They seem pretty stubborn with their set values as they were with Mahoney. There were reports last year that under their structure they would rather lose a player than pay even a small amount in overs.

Spencer Leniu - I'm pretty sure he'll replace the overpaid Thompson and be attracted by a regular starting spot.