Colin Kaepernick Nike commercial is amazing!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It should read..Believe in something..Even if it means it looks like a bird’s nest.. Just comb it! ‘Lol!
Birds nest? I thought it was a dead cat lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But those people burning it arent going to replace those shoes with Nike shoes next time. Shoes dont last longer than 2 years anyhow.

Back in the real world, Nike has just lost 4 billion dollars in shares. Dumb move by Nike. Watch Lacoste or Underarmour or someone come in with a 'family, loyalty, tradition and remembering your roots' type campaign. Will pick up most of the lost Nike supporters. Time to buy shares in those targeting conservatists.

Whats CK even protesting specifically?
Nike stocks very close to the original price before the campaign now.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what did Colin caperneck actually “sacrificed everything” as stated in the ad though?
He was glorified and labelled an amazingly brave person for kneeling knowing full well he waaant going to be thrown in jail or lose his job lol. Does a sacrifice even mean sacrifice anymore?
The corporate owned millionaire martyr sacrificed shit. He was a shit QB and no team in their right mind would touch him and he wants to call cullision on every single NFL team.

Some fucking martyr being bought by a fucking shoe company. I mean he has kept with tradition I guess. MLK was sponsored by Subway.

"I still have a dream, a dream deeply rooted in the American dream where I eat fresh – one day this nation will rise up and eat a footlong with extra old English cheese, "We hold this footlong to be self evident: that all subs are created equal unless they're six inch multi grain ." I have a dream...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how the conservative media has gone fairly quite about the nike stocks now sitting at their highest level ever :laughing: , billion dollar companies like nike are not stupid, they don't run campaigns unless they have done extensive market research and know they will make money from it (regardless if they even believe in the message they are selling).

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how the conservative media has gone fairly quite about the nike stocks now sitting at their highest level ever :laughing: , billion dollar companies like nike are not stupid, they don't run campaigns unless they have done extensive market research and know they will make money from it (regardless if they even believe in the message they are selling).
Seen an article the other day on NY Post regarding how a college dean/high school principal sending out a memo banning all Nike products from their sports teams. Or by "conservative media" do you mean solely Fox News?

And stock prices go up and down all the time. But it's cute that people who don't know the first thing about nfl are using that washed up former quarterback as inspiration.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seen an article the other day on NY Post regarding how a college dean/high school principal sending out a memo banning all Nike products from their sports teams. Or by "conservative media" do you mean solely Fox News?

And stock prices go up and down all the time. But it's cute that people who don't know the first thing about nfl are using that washed up former quarterback as inspiration.
Stock market is a stupid thing to use, it is why i can only remember one leader bragging about it and trying to take credit for it. I was just pointing out the amusement that most conservative media was making a deal about the burning and boycotting of nike and also the stocks going down than shut right up when sales go up and the stocks go up.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stock market is a stupid thing to use, it is why i can only remember one leader bragging about it and trying to take credit for it. I was just pointing out the amusement that most conservative media was making a deal about the burning and boycotting of nike and also the stocks going down than shut right up when sales go up and the stocks go up.
You're allowed to say Trump. And I don't think he took credit for it. That's probably what you were told to believe by the honest liberal media.

But that's the thing, no one has shut up about it. It's still being reported. Read other news sources other than CNN and you'll see.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're allowed to say Trump. And I don't think he took credit for it. That's probably what you were told to believe by the honest liberal media.

But that's the thing, no one has shut up about it. It's still being reported. Read other news sources other than CNN and you'll see.
Keep reading that made up reality in the news corp land

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep reading that made up reality in the news corp land
All media is made up, both sides. But keep looking to a millionaire, corporate owned, washed up, oppressed former nfl player for inspiration.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
My issue with Kaepernick and most social justice campaigns is that they do nothing practical to actually improve life for anyone and they are generally founded on massive inaccuracies.

The idea that you can just make a blanket statement like "cops are racist", is ridiculous. Yes, some cops are corrupt, yes some may genuinely be racist, but an overwhelming majority of cops are simply doing their jobs every day and sometimes losing their lives for doing so.

Most cops have done far more for American society than Colin Kaepernick ever will.

It's fine to identify social issues and come up with a plan of action - but social media campaigns and virtue signalling by taking a knee is not a plan of action. It's just all about how great you can make yourself look in front of your peers/media etc.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My issue with Kaepernick and most social justice campaigns is that they do nothing practical to actually improve life for anyone and they are generally founded on massive inaccuracies.

The idea that you can just make a blanket statement like "cops are racist", is ridiculous. Yes, some cops are corrupt, yes some may genuinely be racist, but an overwhelming majority of cops are simply doing their jobs every day and sometimes losing their lives for doing so.

Most cops have done far more for American society than Colin Kaepernick ever will.

It's fine to identify social issues and come up with a plan of action - but social media campaigns and virtue signalling by taking a knee is not a plan of action. It's just all about how great you can make yourself look in front of your peers/media etc.
Correct. Not a single nfl player protested during the off season.

If they well and truly give a shit about blacks they would keep ten percent, hell twenty percent, of their salary (still would be multi millionaires) and give the rest away to black families or use 80% of it to pay bills, build houses, schools, parks, etc.

I love the nfl, it's my favourite form of entertainment after games but this kneeling shit is bullshit. It's virtue signalling at its finest. It's up there with adding the gay flag/country's flag with a recent terrorist attack as an avatar to show you care/are somehow helping.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Correct. Not a single nfl player protested during the off season.

If they well and truly give a shit about blacks they would keep ten percent, hell twenty percent, of their salary (still would be multi millionaires) and give the rest away to black families or use 80% of it to pay bills, build houses, schools, parks, etc.

I love the nfl, it's my favourite form of entertainment after games but this kneeling shit is bullshit. It's virtue signalling at its finest. It's up there with adding the gay flag/country's flag with a recent terrorist attack as an avatar to show you care/are somehow helping.
Agree. I also think the net effect of taking a knee, has been on the whole negative (not positive). It's made americans even more divided and has done next to nothing to improve outcomes for blacks or other minorities and done nothing to address genuine issues.

However, it does give SJW's something to crow about on Twitter/insta/Facebook etc.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He played well this we.....oh

I guess his motto is JUST WATCH IT!