COLD CASE: who took my amps?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a cold case that is still not resolved to this day, help me solve it please.

In year 2001 I had a holden commodore with a big stereo in it. 2 x 12 inch cerwin vegas in the trunk, with two very high power amplifiers. Around 800rms went through those vegas and on the rear parcel shelf were a set of 7x10 kenwoods, splits in the front and CD deck. I used to park the car inside every night but the car was known around the suburb for its monster stereo. Put out around 140db

It was Christmas night and I returned home about 1am.. (Boxing Day morning).. one day ever I parked the car in the driveway , really tired and thought to myself, who is gonna steal it on Christmas night. Even thief’s have the night off (didn’t watch home alone)

Went to bed... all I remember is hearing my dog bark like crazy, but it was a zappy dog and I was pretty tired. I did get up and look out the window and no one seemed to be around. When I was driving home streets seemed quiet. Dog just didn’t shut up though. Didn’t hear nothing else though.

In the morning I walk outside after breakfast to find my side rear window smashed in and my boot lock completely damaged. I looked in the car, no kenwood 7x10s and both my amps were gone when I opened the boot with the key. Somehow they didn’t open the boot as the cerwin vegas were still there but the amps were gone. Must have been a surgeon as they were bolted to the side of the boot to a board and the subwoofer box was tightly pressed against it. It’s just impossible how they removed the screws and removed the amps in the night. The screws were laid out in the boot. There is no way they opened the boot as the lock was all damaged and they would have take the subwoofer box for sure. I’m just baffled how they removed the amps through only a small opening in the rear seat (centre of seat drops down only) and subwoofer box in the way with woofers facing backwards.

Police came to view the scene, basically spent two minutes and left.

I had insurance fix the boot, window, re tinted and brand new amplifiers even more powerful than before. I even sold the 12 inch subwoofers and replaced with 2x15 inch subwoofers, it was now even more powerful. Would move the hairs on your head and be heard two blocks away.. easy over 140db this time around I also installed an alarm system.

First night I received my car back I parked it on the front lawn, I hear a pop in the middle of the night and the alarm goes off... the thief surprised this time takes off in a car parked down the street. I go outside and the same window was smashed again... was just tinted earlier that day.

So who dunnit?

The suspects

There were a few boys of similar age that lived in my street. Within 5 houses either way. They often had different people come and go and probably at some point talked about my car install.

They were the only people that had intimate knowledge of the installation, it was near impossible to remove the amps if you didn’t know where they were etc

They could see the car if it was outside from their house and I returned the first time after 1am leaving a very small window for an opportune thief.

The other remarkable fact is I then removed the stereo from the car which the local boys knew about it, that car was never touched again, parked outside, sometimes unlocked. Wouldn’t an opportune thief have another crack? They werent to know the equipment was removed. Never came back.

Could it be just an opportune criminal that heard it around the suburbs and had a crack on Christmas? Were they waiting for me to return on Christmas tools in hand? The car wasn’t there until 1am, surely they didn’t hang around waiting.

About a year earlier a SLR Torana was parked a few houses up behind a gate and a car parked behind it. Somehow without anyone hearing the car was moved and the SLR torana was rolled out and rolled down the street with no one hearing. It simply vanished and we were all home.

Oceans 11?

It’s a cold case, no one was ever caught , help me solve it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice sound system boost, problem is it was in a holden. At that point I didn’t go much further lol..!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Use V=IR or Kirchhoffs law to find your Amps lmao

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
this is a cold case that is still not resolved to this day, help me solve it please.

In year 2001 I had a holden commodore with a big stereo in it. 2 x 12 inch cerwin vegas in the trunk, with two very high power amplifiers. Around 800rms went through those vegas and on the rear parcel shelf were a set of 7x10 kenwoods, splits in the front and CD deck. I used to park the car inside every night but the car was known around the suburb for its monster stereo. Put out around 140db

It was Christmas night and I returned home about 1am.. (Boxing Day morning).. one day ever I parked the car in the driveway , really tired and thought to myself, who is gonna steal it on Christmas night. Even thief’s have the night off (didn’t watch home alone)

Went to bed... all I remember is hearing my dog bark like crazy, but it was a zappy dog and I was pretty tired. I did get up and look out the window and no one seemed to be around. When I was driving home streets seemed quiet. Dog just didn’t shut up though. Didn’t hear nothing else though.

In the morning I walk outside after breakfast to find my side rear window smashed in and my boot lock completely damaged. I looked in the car, no kenwood 7x10s and both my amps were gone when I opened the boot with the key. Somehow they didn’t open the boot as the cerwin vegas were still there but the amps were gone. Must have been a surgeon as they were bolted to the side of the boot to a board and the subwoofer box was tightly pressed against it. It’s just impossible how they removed the screws and removed the amps in the night. The screws were laid out in the boot. There is no way they opened the boot as the lock was all damaged and they would have take the subwoofer box for sure. I’m just baffled how they removed the amps through only a small opening in the rear seat (centre of seat drops down only) and subwoofer box in the way with woofers facing backwards.

I had insurance fix the boot, window, re tinted and brand new amplifiers even more powerful than before. I even sold the 12 inch subwoofers and replaced with 2x15 inch subwoofers, it was now even more powerful. Would move the hairs on your head and be heard two blocks away.. easy over 140db this time around I also installed an alarm system.

First night I received my car back I parked it on the front lawn, I hear a pop in the middle of the night and the alarm goes off... the thief surprised this time takes off in a car parked down the street. I go outside and the same window was smashed again... was just tinted earlier that day.

So who dunnit?

The suspects

There were a few boys of similar age that lived in my street. Within 5 houses either way. They often had different people come and go and probably at some point talked about my car install.

They were the only people that had intimate knowledge of the installation, it was near impossible to remove the amps if you didn’t know where they were etc

They could see the car if it was outside from their house and I returned the first time after 1am leaving a very small window for an opportune thief.

The other remarkable fact is I then removed the stereo from the car which the local boys knew about it, that car was never touched again, parked outside, sometimes unlocked. Wouldn’t an opportune thief have another crack? They werent to know the equipment was removed. Never came back.

Could it be just an opportune criminal that heard it around the suburbs and had a crack on Christmas? Were they waiting for me to return on Christmas tools in hand? The car wasn’t there until 1am, surely they didn’t hang around waiting.

About a year earlier a SLR Torana was parked a few houses up behind a gate and a car parked behind it. Somehow without anyone hearing the car was moved and the SLR torana was rolled out and rolled down the street with no one hearing. It simply vanished and we were all home.

Oceans 11?

You used to go on and on about having a 1998 Toyota Camry (which we assume you bought brand new as only renters buy second hand cars). So why in 2001 did you have a Commodore?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So who dunnit?

The suspects

Oceans 11?

Youre lucky they didn't pin an insurance fraud charge on you. lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I probably know who did it?
In 2001 about 90% of my friends were criminals.

They cannot help it, its in their blood!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was Brett Dallas

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you open it, if it was completely damaged.

I only highlighted one of the inconsistencies to your bullshit story.

I am Queen of Cluedo.
Well it was damaged because someone tried to force it open, with I presume a screw driver maybe? The key still managed to open it. I presume the boot wasn’t opened as the subs were still there. All they had to do was lift the box out ... but instead they undid all the screws the get two amps out..

It’s a true story

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Best one I'll never forget is when a friend of mine stole a car.

After he was finished with it, he dumped it on the main road near the outskirts of my suburb and two other morons I knew decided to steal it again after it was dumped.

They come passed us and the guy who originally stole it trying to brag.

They were like check it out we stole this sick car.

My friend who originally stole it said no you didn't, you just picked up a car which I stole originally and dumped.

It was funny watching their faces go from smiles to frowns.

I was only 17 but knew how red hot and stupid it is to pick up a car thats been stolen and dumped

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best one I'll never forget is when a friend of mine stole a car.

After he was finished with it, he dumped it on the main road near the outskirts of my suburb and two other morons I knew decided to steal it again after it was dumped.

They come passed us and the guy who originally stole it trying to brag.

They were like check it out we stole this sick car.

My friend who originally stole it said no you didn't, you just picked up a car which I stole originally and dumped.

It was funny watching their faces go from smiles to frowns.

I was only 17 but knew how red hot and stupid it is to pick up a car thats been stolen and dumped
reminds me of a story.. I heard of a story where a thief tried to steal wheels off a car which was parked on unstable ground. The car ended up falling On them And they had to call police and ambulance to free them. They were charged with theft as it wasn’t their car. Not only did the car fall on them :grinning:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
does nothing ever happen in your life? I have thousands of stories.. you need to get out more seriously, put the PS4 away

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your in luck, I've found ohms law to be very helpful when it comes to finding missing amps.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your in luck, I've found ohms law to be very helpful when it comes to finding missing amps.
nice guy I already made that joke come on now lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The strange thing is I ended up removing the entire stereo from the car after the second attempt and sold it to one of the main suspects. He paid good coin too

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things happen to me, but it's true.

Please no more lying bullshit stories from you.
I dunno mate, I reckon nothing happens near you.

I have a thousand stories seriously. When you get out things happen. Some of the stories I could tell you you wouldn’t believe them... well you don’t Believe them do you? :grinning:

don’t get me started on Vegas stories, would blow your mind Out of your head crazy shit..
, even in the situation I was thinking no one would ever believe it...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My bad bro, I didn't get time to read through the whole thread... Great minds ey :grinning:
No hard feelings bro, indeed great minds haha! I thought it was a pretty good joke though so kudos for thinking of it aswell lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
reminds me of a story.. I heard of a story where a thief tried to steal wheels off a car which was parked on unstable ground. The car ended up falling On them And they had to call police and ambulance to free them. They were charged with theft as it wasn’t their car. Not only did the car fall on them :grinning:
I got a better one but can’t post it here.
Btw @Kaz
Blue boost maybe telling the truth?
I have grown up around criminals for most of my life and a lot of them are stupid.

from the crap I’ve seen there’s a possibility it’s a true story?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a better one but can’t post it here.
Btw @Kaz
Blue boost maybe telling the truth?
I have grown up around criminals for most of my life and a lot of them are stupid.

from the crap I’ve seen there’s a possibility it’s a true story?
That story is actually worse than I posted, but it was a lot more serious for the theif

I know it’s true ... the naysayers on here need to get out a bit more, this social isolation really suits them