Cogger

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sadly i agree. People claim that he simply hasnt been given enough time to prove himself, and Pay never gave him a decent run. Its as if he is this star halfback just begging to be picked tocshow the world how good he is. But in reality, he is just another average half in our squad. Is he better then Lewis? Probably. But he has not shown any amazing qualities to force his selection.
He may have a good game this weekend, and i have no doubt we will perform much better as a team after last weeks poor effort, but he is still an average half who is off contract at the end of the year.
Maybe he will surprise me and play out of his skin and cement his place for the rest of the year and earn another contract. But i highly doubt it.
If we are to drag ourselves off the bottom of the ladder we need a few superstars, or at least future ones. Cogger is not one.
This will be his first game with Foran (I think) and will be watching intently because I believe it will be a good pairing. Hope Cogger gets a fair go, he is better than Lewis who is not a first grader. Wakeham has been disappointing.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know how you are excited by Cogger. He has had plenty of opportunity and shown he is a reserve grader. Cant wait for his contract to end so we can spend the money on players that actually have talent and belong in the NRL. Same goes for Lewis and, if Wakeham doesnt spark up, him as well.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Barrett is having any say. Georgalis is auditioning for a new coaching gig next year, so id expect he will be doing everything inchis powers to impress potential suiters. This imo wou would not include being a puppet for an incoming coach next year. I highly doubt that Barrett has made any such requests.
I don't think I said Barrett made demands on Georgiallis. I was hypothetically speaking if I was Barrett what I would like to see. Just an opinion!
It would be good to see and an opportune time, if there's players in our squad that have had minimal opportunities, might have something more to offer.
Example Ogden. He's been given more game time recently and he's gaining consistency.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For Cogger to make any kind of impression this weekend, he has to go after the ball and get his hands on it a minimum of three tackles per set. Not including a kick on the last. He needs to be in game up to his eyeballs, not sitting back waiting for the ball as he has done. Yeah he will make some mistakes along the way, but if he’s going to be any kind of halfback he has to command the ball regularly and create the attack with Foz. Sick of seeing our dopey forwards trying to ball play 10m out from the line. That’s the job of the halfback.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Cogger to make any kind of impression this weekend, he has to go after the ball and get his hands on it a minimum of three tackles per set. Not including a kick on the last. He needs to be in game up to his eyeballs, not sitting back waiting for the ball as he has done. Yeah he will make some mistakes along the way, but if he’s going to be any kind of halfback he has to command the ball regularly and create the attack with Foz. Sick of seeing our dopey forwards trying to ball play 10m out from the line. That’s the job of the halfback.
In order for that to happen coach must drop Tolman or else it's impossible..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was Barrett I'd want Stevie G to persist with Cogger for a few rounds to see what he can offer in real game situations on a longer term. Of all our halfback experiments, this guy has had the least time to prove himself. He's been unfairly wasted as a reserve.
Totally agree. But I think sadly his time is almost up. With Lewis and Wakeman both getting extensions for next year he is the odd man out.

Sad thing is he is probably the most competent all round half we have. But hey let’s keep a player that can tackle props but let’s backs run around him and that kicks bombs straight to fullbacks instead.:sweat:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My concern for cogger was the same for Wakeham... No one is willing to show him any patience. 2 or 3 games in a row is not enough to pass judgement on a half FFS .. meanwhile Lewis gets half a season and shows nothing each and every week.. you take Lewis and Jackson out of that storm game and I reckon we go close to winning.. that's how destructive their games were..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will be his first game with Foran (I think) and will be watching intently because I believe it will be a good pairing. Hope Cogger gets a fair go, he is better than Lewis who is not a first grader. Wakeham has been disappointing.
Sadly they have all been disapointing. Wakeham does look to have the most potential though though, but he is definitely a year off. Sadly we have no other competition to play him in, so that puts his development even further back.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think I said Barrett made demands on Georgiallis. I was hypothetically speaking if I was Barrett what I would like to see. Just an opinion!
It would be good to see and an opportune time, if there's players in our squad that have had minimal opportunities, might have something more to offer.
Example Ogden. He's been given more game time recently and he's gaining consistency.
I dont think thats what I meant. All I'm saying is that if I was Georgalis and I had Barrett in my ear telling me who to pick, I would politely tell him to ind his own business.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly they have all been disapointing. Wakeham does look to have the most potential though though, but he is definitely a year off. Sadly we have no other competition to play him in, so that puts his development even further back.
Have they though? I thought Cogger was easily our best half towards the backend of the season last year then Foran comes back for 3-4 games and instead of Lewis dropping out Cogger gets shafted. The kid can’t catch a break I’m really surprised he wants to stay at the dogs I’d have moved back to Knights at least if he can’t get the 7 jersey there he’s beaten by a better player then Lewis who everyone knows has zero qualities for NRL. We witness it week in and week out. It’s a joke

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He should be given 4-5 games (unless he has a shocker) to show what he can do. Lewis has been given plenty of opportunity. Other than possibly Burton signing which is a longshot which other decent halves are available?

We might end up with Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham as the only options next year is Foran is let go.

For that reason Cogger should be given a decent opportunity.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have they though? I thought Cogger was easily our best half towards the backend of the season last year then Foran comes back for 3-4 games and instead of Lewis dropping out Cogger gets shafted. The kid can’t catch a break I’m really surprised he wants to stay at the dogs I’d have moved back to Knights at least if he can’t get the 7 jersey there he’s beaten by a better player then Lewis who everyone knows has zero qualities for NRL. We witness it week in and week out. It’s a joke
I think so. They have all been given chances at different times, but none have really shone.
I dont feel as though Cogger has been hard done by. Not at all.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think so. They have all been given chances at different times, but none have really shone.
I dont feel as though Cogger has been hard done by. Not at all.
So pretty good performance when asked to play hooker and not sighted since but Lewis has been pathetic for quite some time and you don’t think Coggers been hard done by? Ok

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is 2 reasons Lewis was picked ahead of Cogger & Wakem.

1st
Lewis has a big kick to help gain yardage, especially as Foran lacks that range.

2nd
Lewis is not a liability in defence when targeted by big boppers.

IMO
If Cogger can manage the game with his kicking, deliver crisp passing and most importantly make his tackles - then I think the 7 jumper is his to lose.
The other thing to his advantage is that since he's been at the Dogs, he has been a right side player which suits Foran's preferred left side position.

Personally I hope he can make it work as I am sick to death of watching Lewis 2nd rate passing game.... it is not first grade standard.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was close to our mvp when he played hooker. It’s a good audition for him without Pay’s coaching methods.
I agree.
I think he will make a really good hooker.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think there is 2 reasons Lewis was picked ahead of Cogger & Wakem.

1st
Lewis has a big kick to help gain yardage, especially as Foran lacks that range.

2nd
Lewis is not a liability in defence when targeted by big boppers.

IMO
If Cogger can manage the game with his kicking, deliver crisp passing and most importantly make his tackles - then I think the 7 jumper is his to lose.
The other thing to his advantage is that since he's been at the Dogs, he has been a right side player which suits Foran's preferred left side position.

Personally I hope he can make it work as I am sick to death of watching Lewis 2nd rate passing game.... it is not first grade standard.
Lewis should be playing at lock due to his defense. He is not a halfback.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Apart from his line break, he was'nt sighted

Cogger wtf 40 metres out TWICE thinking he can kick a field goal