Cogger watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he's like Hodkinson I'll be happy... not all 7s have to be like ash taylor and try do it all.
We just need a fit and willing 6 (Lewis I hope) and we should be better off. People also have to realise Knights forwards aren't offering much today.
The problem is it’s just not this game I have yet to see him do anything that makes me think he’s our halfback answer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The problem is it’s just not this game I have yet to see him do anything that makes me think he’s our halfback answer.
Which is fair enough, but I won't judge him until he's in our squad and had a full pre season. Kids got more in him then what we are seeing. Knights pre season structures would have been heavily based on Pearce and Pongas strengths, can be hard for a young bloke to come in and try replicate that especially given he's a completely different player to Pearce.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which is fair enough, but I won't judge him until he's in our squad and had a full pre season. Kids got more in him then what we are seeing. Knights pre season structures would have been heavily based on Pearce and Pongas strengths, can be hard for a young bloke to come in and try replicate that especially given he's a completely different player to Pearce.
I agree, hopefully he’s got more then he’s shown so far. I’m not writing him off but I’m not excited by him either. I think he will just end warming the seat until Wakeham is ready.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s going to regret not forcing a move early. I can’t see how he starts next season now. Get Lewis in there

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But guys, pay knows how to develop young talent.

You know the type of player he picks. It’s always some dude described as “hard working” or “solid”. It’s like he tries to go for the aiden tolman incarnate in every position.

Jmk —> joey describes as a “tough” and “hardworking” player. Nothing to do with his skill level.

Cogger—> similar remarks from browny.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not impressed at all.

Bring on 2022...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well he laid one try so he's on par with our current halves

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was getting excited there for a second as I thought the thread title was cougar watch!

Yeah from what I've seen Cogger is very ordinary. If he keeps getting dropped for Brock Lamb, who I think is a reserve grade calibre half then that's not exactly encouraging. Hopefully we signed him for the minimum and he'll play reserves or he improves a lot. But knowing our club we probably signed him for 600k a year for five years.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Relax our scouts are working day & night trying to find talent.. Cogger will be here for depth behind our real jnr gun halfback signing

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Anybody watching Knights v Roosters?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger has been ok. Gets his hands on the ball, and distributing nicely. Has modelled his game on Cooper Cronk according to the commentators ( childhood hero)....what I haven’t seen that young Cooper did posses, is a running game. Doesn’t take on the line and run much.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger has been ok. Gets his hands on the ball, and distributing nicely. Has modelled his game on Cooper Cronk according to the commentators ( childhood hero)....what I haven’t seen that young Cooper did posses, is a running game. Doesn’t take on the line and run much.
No real need for him to run to the line with Ponga and Watson in the team. He's going good tonight. Looks comfortable out there. Very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.