Cody Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs were a smart club we'd chase this guy hard. Wants a release from Rabbitoh's and is apparently only on 200k. He's a gun at FB and at 5/8, and has a few years left him in at his prime. Can solve a lot of problems for us.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see Walker staying at the Rabbitohs and taking a chuck of Inglis's current salary once he's let go of.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Where is it said we are chasing him
Ffs? No chance for broncs just got bird.

Surely we are in his ear! The talk
Of him and carter would really be such good signings for us.

Walker, Foran, frawley, Mbye and brown on bench fuck yes!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's OK but he's nothing special and he's 28 already. He tends to go missing in games when it isn't going his way. He did nothing against us. Sure he has speed and step but I don't recall him doing anything special in defence. I don't think he is anywhere near as good a ball runner as Mbye and not as good a fb as Hoppa. I haven't paid much attention but does he kick? I don't remember seeing him do it. He's no doubt worth more than $200k but he is not in Hoppas class so maybe $400k but that's it.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is a proper Fullback. Watch him play there for the Souths and then come back. Blokes got it all (speed, tackle busts, ball playing, short kicking, support play).

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Such an unorthodox looking player. I hate watching him. No doubt he has skill though.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont need anymore off the cuff type players..

lets get some footy smarts into our spine positions - Forans a start

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Back when SBW signed a deal with us, then wanted to renegotiate very early because the deal he was happy to get at the time wasn't shinny any more.......... Walker is doing the exact same thing right now, Souths should have someone watching the airports, just to be safe.

The guy is 27, he's 8 years into his career, he needed to play like he does now years ago.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy is 27, he's 8 years into his career, he needed to play like he does now years ago.
Although true, he's just playing catchup now and just wants to make as much as he can in the little time he has left in his career. I don't blame him.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Although true, he's just playing catchup now and just wants to make as much as he can in the little time he has left in his career. I don't blame him.
Yeh true..... guess his gotta do what his gotta do, the guy is a serious late bloomer which makes it a bit tough.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's skillful, but not really that fast tbh. He ain't gonna get any faster either at his older age.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm amazed more people don't rate him. The only reason he ever goes missing is because before he was moved to fullback Souths would sometimes have 6 playmakers on the field all getting in each others way and Walker would never get the ball.

Sometimes McGuire has Farah out there hogging it, Sutton in be forwards likes to ball play, Reynolds always has to have the ball. While Cook and Johnstone when he was at fullback would also try and do things. It was definitely too many cooks.

They look better since he's moved to fullback but Walker is a very good and underrated five eighth or fullback who is one of the most dangerous players in the comp. Which is why Des would probably ever sign him and instead re-sign Holland and Eastwood for another five years on backended deals and put one of them at fullback and the other at five eighth. I'm guessing Eastwood for fullback.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still think Gordon is the guy we should chase short term as he ticks all the boxes with the exception of youth. But, we took the same chance on a guy called Rod Silva years ago and it payed dividends big time! He's a quality fullback, support player and can kick goals. It's about winning premierships any given year yeah?

Offer a 1-2 year contract, he's not going to be asking for a hefty figure, and plan ahead for that "Rockstar" to set us up for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.