Cody Walker is a disgrace to the game

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Walker has got away with a few sneaky cheap shots. One would hope he gets caught eventually as he seems to be fast developing into a protected species.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s quite a few things that annoy the shit out of me in “the modern game”, no surprises there, but #1 on my list is scumbags like Walker getting away with shit. Back in the day if he dished out his crap, particularly on a half, one of the forwards would have put their hand up and taken it on to show him that that sort of shit simply wasn’t allowed. It’s coming scumbag, look out, and bang there it is, now don’t try that shit on again or there’s more heading your way. I can only imagine what Ryan, or Cement, or Pay, or O’Meley, or Mason would have done to put Walker in his place. He‘d spend the rest of game worrying about where the next belting was coming from.

Always a Bulldog

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Regardless of what Cody may have said it’s up to you as a player of how to respond. Back in the day it would be a hook or get him back with a good defensive hit for the rest of the game. Don’t remember seeing a bear hug

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rule book states once half time whistle is blown play is terminated...
Not denying what Lewis did was silly, but this goes back to the last game too where Meaney was worked over with an elbow by Walker and another player had their hand trodden on, followed by the elbow to Meaney's head in this game.
Lewis was charged with contrary conduct for which he was fined.
: “Contrary Conduct” – means misconduct on the part of a Player constituted by. behaving in a way that is contrary to the true spirit of the Game;
I do not see the exact words contrary conduct as one of the reasons for a sin binning, perhaps the closest would be a cooling off period but cooling off for what?

Walker consistently fulfills the above definition yet he seems to escape for the most part.... I find elbows to head, stomping on a players hand and actively mouthing off at another player pretty poor form which he has stated are cases of what happens on the field stays on the field. To him those are nothings.

This rule of punishing a player after the whistle has blown to my knowledge only applies to soccer
********If an on-field player commits dissent by word or action during the half time break then that player is sin binned for dissent and serves the first 10 minutes of the second half in the sin bin.

NRL RULES
Sin Bin
The six main reasons for a player to be temporarily suspended for ten minutes are:
1. Repeated infringements
2. Professional Foul
3. Cooling off period for a player
4. Dissent
5. Striking
6. Foul Play* * Foul Play - A player will be sin binned for foul play in circumstances where, in the opinion of the referee, the act of foul play is of a serious nature, but does not warrant sending off. Acts of foul play of a serious nature include:
» High Tackles with direct contact with the head or neck which are deemed forceful
» Dangerous Throws in which the head or neck of the attacking player make forceful contact with the ground
» Shoulder charges which make forceful contact with the head or neck of the attacking player or make forceful movement of the head or neck of the attacking player (whiplash)
» Crusher tackles in which a defending player has a grip/hold of the attacking player with both arms and applies unnecessary pressure or force to the head/neck/spinal column of the player
» Any other act of foul play which the referee deems to be of a serious nature, but does not warrant sending off.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This **** is always a problem against us with his dirty antics..... all i know is lewis dosent act that way without that **** saying something and fuck cummins the ****
Saying what you really feel.......

I know that being a good bloke does not excuse these sorts of things but having spoken to Lewis on many occasions it was most certainly out of character from him. How many times has he been taken out by a late shot after kicking that has been left unpunished that he has not reacted to. The incidents in previous game and in that game obviously made him see red.

Walker was oh so very quick to hose down what was said and tried to brush it by saying 'what happens and what is said on the field stays on the field' and that he had NO IDEA what could have caused the reaction. He finds it perfectly fine to not sing the National anthem and get his point of view across about the way he feels about that and to kick someone in the chest because he felt his mate was hard done by but can't understand why someone else would react to his actions??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not denying what Lewis did was silly, but this goes back to the last game too where Meaney was worked over with an elbow by Walker and another player had their hand trodden on, followed by the elbow to Meaney's head in this game.
Lewis was charged with contrary conduct for which he was fined.
: “Contrary Conduct” – means misconduct on the part of a Player constituted by. behaving in a way that is contrary to the true spirit of the Game;
I do not see the exact words contrary conduct as one of the reasons for a sin binning, perhaps the closest would be a cooling off period but cooling off for what?

Walker consistently fulfills the above definition yet he seems to escape for the most part.... I find elbows to head, stomping on a players hand and actively mouthing off at another player pretty poor form which he has stated are cases of what happens on the field stays on the field. To him those are nothings.

This rule of punishing a player after the whistle has blown to my knowledge only applies to soccer
********If an on-field player commits dissent by word or action during the half time break then that player is sin binned for dissent and serves the first 10 minutes of the second half in the sin bin.

NRL RULES
Sin Bin
The six main reasons for a player to be temporarily suspended for ten minutes are:
1. Repeated infringements
2. Professional Foul
3. Cooling off period for a player
4. Dissent
5. Striking
6. Foul Play* * Foul Play - A player will be sin binned for foul play in circumstances where, in the opinion of the referee, the act of foul play is of a serious nature, but does not warrant sending off. Acts of foul play of a serious nature include:
» High Tackles with direct contact with the head or neck which are deemed forceful
» Dangerous Throws in which the head or neck of the attacking player make forceful contact with the ground
» Shoulder charges which make forceful contact with the head or neck of the attacking player or make forceful movement of the head or neck of the attacking player (whiplash)
» Crusher tackles in which a defending player has a grip/hold of the attacking player with both arms and applies unnecessary pressure or force to the head/neck/spinal column of the player
» Any other act of foul play which the referee deems to be of a serious nature, but does not warrant sending off.
The NRL would say it was instigating a melee which is what he was fined for.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL would say it was instigating a melee which is what he was fined for.
Probably right, but then with the vision clearly showing the elbow of Walker ( once again) to the head/jaw of Meaney it was very swift justice handed out to Walker for that ( NOT!) Walker mouthing off also played its part but once again look at the punishment he received from the NRL who are just so determined to stamp out these sorts of contrary conduct ( CRICKETS CHIRPING)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Which excuse with the race card will he dish up about tonight's game lol

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we will have either a premiership winning hooker or backrower coming next year, either way both influential players.
Glory glory to nathan cleary!