Arthur
Hasler
Holbrook
McGuire
Morris
I'll take Michael McGuire please.

Definately have a crack at McGuire
Bellamy > Flanagan > Hasler > McGuire
Rest I wouldn't look at/too sideways. No Bennett because I think he's too old and we need someone who we can have more an extended period of time. We're not going to have a premiership ready roster (and I personally think he's lost his touch/on the downfall). Also obviously not going to see Hasler come back (even tho I don't think he ever should of left, I'd have him above Flanagan but even if he was considered I think we'd need something different). Bellamy or Flanagan would be perfect imo.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shuan Wane former Wigan coach I wouldn't mind bringing him as an assistant coach before making him an nrl coach.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know who should be put next coach, but we need someone proven, who can take this club to the top 8/4 again, and have us competing in the finals once again..!!

who that is I don’t know. BUT it’s definitely not PAY and we need to start looking at other options.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cam Smith could do it. And play Hooker for the first year of coaching.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont agree. He made one almighty mess at Newcastle
Hes been far more a success than a failure.. He knows how to build a strong roster..

And if the club takes control when hes at the end of tenure, it wont be a disaster at the end like Newcastle ..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No thanks, hardly making smart decisions at Souths ATM.
But hes building a great roster there... Jai Arrow, Latrell etc..

People will point to Latrells failure at FB but its only been 2 games, & he can slot him into Centre anytime where hes a proven gun..

Bennett still has it and knows what hes doing.. they will be up there as genuine contenders once the comp restarts this year & also in 2021..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But hes building a great roster there... Jai Arrow, Latrell etc..

People will point to Latrells failure at FB but its only been 2 games, & he can slot him into Centre anytime where hes a proven gun..

Bennett still has it and knows what hes doing.. they will be up there as genuine contenders once the comp restarts this year & also in 2021..
He spent money that other teams didn't have, big deal. Mitchell is never going to work out at FB, don't care how much time you give him it simply isn't going to work. Murray on an edge? Wtf. Wayne hasn't done shit for years.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett is more of a figure head rather than a coach nowdays. He does the media, player management, keeps the players focused, but leaves the coaching to his assistants.
With the impending financial restructuring that clubs will need to go through post corona virus, I'd expect that type of figure head coach to become redundant.
I've said here previously, out of the off contract 2022 coaches I'd want Michael McGuire.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant diss Wayne Bennett.. he is better than most coaches in the NRL.. can think of many worse options thats for sure..