Opinion Coaches Available Now OR For 2022

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threads like this are reasons why clubs go backwards. Yeh blame the coach and keep the players unaccountable. That's how you get a culture of players first, club second.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here who thinks we will win one game this year? My answer is no I don’t think we can. I think baz is feeling the pinch also, the conference after cows game he looked shattered as I think he thought this was his only chance in a while to maybe get a win.
Do I believe baz is the coach for this club... no I don’t, he is way out of his depth and I’m the first to put my hand up and say get rid of him and all the manly shit he got with him.
BUT... we need to give him this year to build the team he wants for next year. If he begins the year with a 0-5 or 0-6 start then I think he will get sacked. Joe Khoury isn’t happy with progression on the field wether he has said he supports baz or not.

let’s just ride this wave this year and get pissed off with every bad performance, I just hope they announce some quality signings soon just for all our sanity.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding let barrett succeed or fail its early days still

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are advocating that we get rid of Barrett. Totally stupid thought.
What is the name of the coach who could get these players into a winning mode?
Put simply, you cant win top grade games with second rate players.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Barrett his 2-3 year chance we are a massive look what Sturt did at the Raiders it took em 5 years and they’ve stuck with him it might that us that long also

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The board did not think it was going to go this badly either. They need a plan B asap.
100% Disagree and I accept there wont be a premiership for another 10 years if we make rash decisions evey year.. Given we are not even 6 months into the new program why do u seek asap change?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How much would it cost to pay out Barrettt after 6 games of a 3 year contract...and then try and secure a decent alternative, where there's nothing much of value around anyway.

The only possible tried and true, successful coach, even remotely capable of making any headway at this club, at this time, with this roster, is Craig Bellamby.

The rest ...too old, controversial or inexperienced, or sacked from other clubs going better than us.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett's not going anywhere this year, and he will get the rest of next year and the first half of 2023! Close this negative thread! Honestly people, whether we come last or second last who cares, let's not sugar coat it, our roster is one of the worst in history period!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If anything Barrett needs a coaching director like Bellamy or Bennett. Can’t stand either of them but they would help him. I said in another thread no coach would come anywhere near us if we kept moving coaches on after half a season.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anything Barrett needs a coaching director like Bellamy or Bennett. Can’t stand either of them but they would help him. I said in another thread no coach would come anywhere near us if we kept moving coaches on after half a season.
The last thing Barrett needs is some old burnt out geezer leaning over his shoulder, telling him what to do.
This has never worked at any other club that I can think of.
Barrett knows what is required, but he is hamstrung by a lot of things. The most relevant is the total
lack of quality players to recruit. Give him time.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a couple of mid year signings
Yep about 15 lol.

The problem is that we only have one roster spot left so unless we move some players on there can only be one signing.

And I dont think many of our players would be attracting interest from NRL clubs. Our best chance would be to move some players on to England like Cronulla have done with Fifita. Guys like Napa and Hoppa would be extremely unlikely to get another NRL deal but they could still cut in England so if there's a chance for them to secure a few more years hopefully a deal can be struck sooner rather than later.

We might even get a transfer fee. $30 for Hoppa. $5 for Napa

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bellamy couldn't get the current side into the finals. He's never had a team this poor to coach. So whats the point?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The last thing Barrett needs is some old burnt out geezer leaning over his shoulder, telling him what to do.
This has never worked at any other club that I can think of.
Barrett knows what is required, but he is hamstrung by a lot of things. The most relevant is the total
lack of quality players to recruit. Give him time.
If Bellamy is a old burnt out geezer then I’ll take a burnt out old geezer every day of the week. I’m not advocating a change of coach and I think this whole thread is a rubbish troll.

Barrett is a junior coach, he is supposed to have Hansen looking over his shoulder which isn’t helping at present, never does any harm having experience but I’ll judge him next year and also based on who he signs, if it’s more Waddell and Hetheringtons we’re going nowhere.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks coaching is our issue needs to find another sport. We haven’t got the horses man..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Imagine being 6 rounds under a new coach and already wanting him sacked.

Only on the kennel ...
Well it happens in Europe..coaches are lucky there's no promotion or relegation over here.