News COACH Pay will make up to six alterations to the team which lost to Manly

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How has he struggled in defence? Missed one tackle on Suli and Manly had numbers. Made some great tackles against the Cowboys
In junior reps over the last 4 years. Not unusual as not the biggest player and I'm sure it is some y thing he would have worked on. Against cows he defended well.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it confusing that for ages they train with certain combinations and set plays and after one loss a complete overhaul. This week's backiline is a lot closer to what should have been on the field last week.
We not only lost 2 competition last week but we lost the oppurtunty to even build some fluency or a platform on how we play as a team for the rest of the season.
Anyway , hope we nab a win against the dragons and get some confidence restored.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@2144superman this might appease a few Kennelers if it comes true :-).
If this is true I hope that people on here give him some credit. Not a Pay fan, but really like seeing when coaches, management or whoever admit they've made mistakes and attempt to rectify them.

Those changes are actually quite massive by Pay ... IF he makes them. OK, the usual sulking pansies on here will carry on about Lewis, or that it's taken too long. And fair enough.

But if this is correct then kudos to him I say.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still don't rate Pay as a coach but I'll give him credit for not being a stubborn prick like Hasler. It may appear as a sign of weakness but at least he recognised that his method wasn't working...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Since this season was a write off even before it began, would like to see how this backline goes.

1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Smith

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He's already decimated our squad you can't polish a shit

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a fullback that can actually ball play and Foran, that should make a major difference to the side alone. If everyone does there jobs then I can see us snagging a win.
Yeah that’s true

Hoppa and Foran instantly improves and gives us far better direction and attacking shape

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran prob said fk mate I can’t do shit with this backline

If true I’ll give Pay credit for making those changes but I’ll believe it when I see it

A win or close loss will save Pay but a 50-0 thrashing and its curtains

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was originally hoping to see Harper get a go, but if he’s off to Manly, fk it. Katoa and Tass should be next up

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If we were looking to truly mix things up for attack, I'd have gone this;
1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Holland
4 Hoppa
5 Smith
6 Foran
7 Lewis

^ that's a top 8 backline for attack.

Hoppa would be good for fullback if he was t turtle slow. Which is ok at centre but not at FB as quick ***** will rub around him like they did before.

he also had no backup support play.

we need zip at the back, we were best when we had Silva and Barba.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
smith is a winger. why insist on playing him at centre

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing I would have liked to have seen different (and this is picking at straws) is Meaney to fullback (who has good hands and speed all be it not as good a play maker as hoppa). Leave hoppa at centre and put Smith next to him. Put averillo at centre with dwz.

Happy to change it up. And happiest about getting averillo a proper role to knuckle down and develop in. Hope he gets Atleast half a dozen games there to settle in before judgment is made. Nothing worse then sitting on a bench for 65mins and not knowing where or when you will come on to.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this is true I hope that people on here give him some credit. Not a Pay fan, but really like seeing when coaches, management or whoever admit they've made mistakes and attempt to rectify them.

Those changes are actually quite massive by Pay ... IF he makes them. OK, the usual sulking pansies on here will carry on about Lewis, or that it's taken too long. And fair enough.

But if this is correct then kudos to him I say.
Class me as a sook because they still won’t be showing any attacking structures. Just because this retard makes some moves that make sense doesn’t mean he can coach. Credit to him for making changes it’s a first step now he needs an assistant coach who’s got the balls to run training and tell Dean to go have a coffee with Lewis. I bet I’m still watching the same shit football on Monday just glad Averillo will start. Thanks Dean

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t rate either but I agree about trying Katoa. He can provide more of a threat then JMK.
JMK should go he has nothing. Give Katoa a chance to see how he goes. I believe Cogger should be given a chance at hooker, is a tough little bugger. Lewis has had his time and it is up. Can’t understand why Wakeham was signed for another two years and they don’t pick him, should be given a go with Foran. What has Harper done wrong I thought he went well when given a go last season? Pay does make some strange decisions.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Class me as a sook because they still won’t be showing any attacking structures. Just because this retard makes some moves that make sense doesn’t mean he can coach. Credit to him for making changes it’s a first step now he needs an assistant coach who’s got the balls to run training and tell Dean to go have a coffee with Lewis. I bet I’m still watching the same shit football on Monday just glad Averillo will start. Thanks Dean
Who's saying he can coach?

All I'm saying is that he deserves credit for making those changes. That's it.

Realise that some people on here seem to have to make a point about every single thing that happens at our club that backs up their "Pay is shit" or "Pay is great" mantra but for me I'm simply saying "Hey, credit where credit is due"

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Next minute Wakeham will be walking out the door..
Still no conformation on Wakeham's signing maybe he's backed out of it!