clubs ignore anti-tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rugby League’s ban on clubs poaching players before the June 30 deadline remains the biggest joke in the game.

It’s well known agents have been hawking their off-contract players around for the past few weeks.

One club has offered Bulldogs five-eighth Braith Anasta a massive deal – and it’s not Souths.

Willie Mason has had offers from two clubs.

NRL boss David Gallop says the league cannot act on rumours.

“We can issue penalties of up to $1 million, we can deduct points or we have the power not to register players,” he says. “If anyone comes forward with information a club is breaking the rules, we’ll investigate.”

Source – the Daily Telegraph, Friday April 1

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
As the first line says, the anti-tampering laws are a joke. There is no way at all that clubs are adhereing to it and it cannot be policed properly.

It is something that the NRL really have to work on if they want to stop people form exploiting it.

Scruffy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cammo said:
As the first line says, the anti-tampering laws are a joke. There is no way at all that clubs are adhereing to it and it cannot be policed properly.

It is something that the NRL really have to work on if they want to stop people form exploiting it.
Agree wholeheatedly. There is nothing to stop player managers to hawk, and how can you prove a club had made offer if the player manager does not own up to it?

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i like it when a player signs one hour after the anti tempering stops

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Scruffy said:
“If anyone comes forward with information a club is breaking the rules, we’ll investigate.”

Source – the Daily Telegraph, Friday April 1
This is always an interesting statement when it's rolled out each year.

When Vagana signed with Cronulla a couple of years ago, I was doing some investigations into it and received an email from the Cronulla club in answer to a number of questions. It appeared to me that they had inadvertantly admitted to approaching his manager prior to the deadline in one of the answers.

When this standard NRL statement "come to us if you have info" had come out after 3 of our players were signed to Souths at 1am on 1st of July, I notified the NRL multiple times that I believed that I was in possession of evidence which indicated that Cronulla had breach the anti-tampering deadline and could they contact me so that i could deliver it to them.

None of my attempts received a response.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
DJ1 said:
This is always an interesting statement when it's rolled out each year.

When Vagana signed with Cronulla a couple of years ago, I was doing some investigations into it and received an email from the Cronulla club in answer to a number of questions. It appeared to me that they had inadvertantly admitted to approaching his manager prior to the deadline in one of the answers.

When this standard NRL statement "come to us if you have info" had come out after 3 of our players were signed to Souths at 1am on 1st of July, I notified the NRL multiple times that I believed that I was in possession of evidence which indicated that Cronulla had breach the anti-tampering deadline and could they contact me so that i could deliver it to them.

None of my attempts received a response.
I would have gone to NRL headquarters and demanded to see David Gallop :grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the JRL cant police this anti-tampering laws. How the hell were they gonna police that proposed salary cap plan. (The 2 players one)

JRL managment is a joke. It has to be the most unprofessional managment in Australia.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
K E All Of You said:
If the JRL cant police this anti-tampering laws. How the hell were they gonna police that proposed salary cap plan. (The 2 players one)

JRL managment is a joke. It has to be the most unprofessional managment in Australia.

and they try to get away with saying that they are a professinal run organisation

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
and they try to get away with saying that they are a professinal run organisation
The JRL is a joke. They think they are professional? HAHA!

Look at the Gay FL and Super 12's. They run fairly smoothly.

They dont have double standards like the JRL does.

Remember when St Kilda were involved in a similar situation like the Dogs?

The AFL CEO stood by St Kilda during the investigation. He didnt threaten St Kilda with penalties. He didnt bring in unheard of penalties. He didnt fine St Kilda for something they didnt do.

Speaking of being unprofessional. Why didnt Gallop speak against the Meblourne Storm when they went through the same thing? THAT'S RIGHT! Because Melbourne are owned by News Ltd. I forgot!

We cant have the JRL CEO speak out against the part owners of the JRL can we?

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
I don't think that it would have mattered which other club.

Except the Bulldogs!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
chris_e_fresh said:
I'm over rugby league
Me too man. It's a joke seriously.

If it wasnt for the Dogs I wouldnt even bother with this crap they call NRL.

It's all politics and business now. It's not about the footy anymore.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Indeed. It would appear that the laws are designed to prevent clubs ANNOUNCING player signings before June 30.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The word on the street is that williy's gone, surely thats enough to get them to investigate it
MB

A

atomic_crimson

you think gallop doesnt know that willie is signed seal and pretty much delivered to the rorters already...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
David "AAH" Gallop. The world's most unprofessional CEO.

And for a CEO he isint on that much a year.

He is on 300K. That's low considering the AFL CEO is on 600K a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.