Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I just opened my emails and the club has already sent out the club statement, complete with Steve Mortimer's apology to the fans and the club.

Funny how they can do that in a timely manner but cannot announce signings or the like or amend their website with the same speed.

Felt like sending it right back to them complete with my thoughts on the matter.
Love it ! I wish you did

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh well let's see how we do next year I guess. Not expecting much :(
I feel your pain Gareth. I am actually numb and can see not much improvement on this year in 2017.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look the diagram below. Des runs the show, that is the hierachy. He can't here the complaints from up the top of the pyramid, hulk hogan style.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Bring on 2017, thank fuck we don't have john Cartwright or Humphrey bear coaching us

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My daughter has just said the saddest thing to me. Just recently she cashed in her dogs of rewards points to get me a special Bulldogs collectors pin for my birthday ( which isn't for another few weeks but she gave it to me anyway because she was so excited about it ). Such a sweet thing to do and I treasure her for it, but she said that now she wished she hadn't. She is so sad that I am unhappy about what has happened at the club that maybe now I don't want it. This has upset a little girl and that makes me angry. :rage::rage:

N

Natboy

Well I just opened my emails and the club has already sent out the club statement, complete with Steve Mortimer's apology to the fans and the club.

Funny how they can do that in a timely manner but cannot announce signings or the like or amend their website with the same speed.

Felt like sending it right back to them complete with my thoughts on the matter.
I went to until I saw the no reply email address. I don't think I've ever been this angry at the club, even after the salary cap cheating

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I went to until I saw the no reply email address. I don't think I've ever been this angry at the club, even after the salary cap cheating
I really was just a bit away from blocking any emails from them as spam. The salary cap cheating was a real low but even it did not make me feel the way I do now. I need to calm down I think and take a step away from reading the kennel, but it is rather like that saying A train wreck you can’t look away from.....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No point in sacking Des that would have been ridiculous. He has got 1 year left on his contract let it run out and see what he can do next year.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck they just treated Steve Mortimer like a piece of shit.

Fuck this club, I hope they get the wooden spoon.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib and his board mates besides Steve Mortimer are fucking morons responsible for the last 5 years and they want it to continue for another year. They need to be fucked off ASAP at the elections next year and never let back in the club again. Great article below from Rugby League Week.

WHEN RLW suggested a month ago that Des Hasler was on shaky ground at the Bulldogs, the howls of protest could be heard all the way from Belmore to Broome and all points in between.

How dare we question the man who had taken the club to the finals five years in a row and all the way to the grand final in 2014 and 2012?
Dessie had a damn good record at Manly as well, we were reminded.

But that’s ancient history now, and the fact the Canterbury board are meeting this Friday to discuss the future of a coach who has delivered five straight top-eight finishes suggests things are on the nose in the kennel.

If you’re using finals appearances as yardstick to defend Des then forget about it. Half the teams in the competition make the finals and this year the Titans lost more games than they won but still scrambled into eighth.

In 2016 the Bulldogs limped across the finish line into seventh and were gone in week one, handed a footballing lesson by the youthful Panthers outfit.

In the three weeks leading into the finals they were belted by the Broncos, Cowboys and Rabbitohs, mustering just 36 points in the process and looking cumbersome and clueless as they desperately tried to find some form ahead of the play-offs.

The Bulldogs seemed incapable of re-inventing themselves and relied far too heavily on a pack of monster forwards who proved easy targets for well-drilled defences. Their forwards pretended to be playmakers and that failed miserably.

And when the big men did get down to the business of actually running straight and laying a platform, their playmakers lacked the composure to capitalise.

Having won two premierships during his eight years at Manly, Hasler won’t consider simply making the finals a success. After playing some inspired footy to charge from seventh into the grand final in 2014, Dessie would have expected to be back there again and challenging for a title in 2015 and ’16.

Sure, his team made the eight, but last year they scraped past a struggling Dragons outfit in an elimination semi and then were humbled by the Roosters. This year they couldn’t make it past week one as the Panthers’ flair and fitness tore them to shreds.

Players are fond of telling the media that it’s not the coach who is out on the field dropping the ball or missing tackles. Just because we can’t execute the game plan don’t blame the coach.

Unfortunately for Hasler, the board won’t be quite so forgiving.

dab

New Pup
Reaction score
Dibs poll getting a cut keeping hasler there. This stuff has happened plenty of times in other codes

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wake up call. This is the first time is Des' coaching career he would have gone through something . Do you think this is the kick up the backside Des needed?

Maybe he changes his way? More urgency? etc etc
Why should someone getting paid $1.2 million need a wake up call ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Titans made the finals this year after losing more games than they won. If you think being in half the 16 teams that make the final 8 is anything more than just a 50% "average" pass mark by the skin of your teeth then you're a bigger loser than our current coach.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm gonna throw up if I hear another say Des is a good coach because we make the finals each year

Is that a promise ???? :grinning:or are you just winging again???? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.