Club statement on CHN release

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much use getting the shits about how things have panned out. Okunbor can hopefully improve his flaws enough to make us glad we gave him another chance. He's provised just enough highlights to think that if these become a regular thing he'll be an asset. And as much as CHN has it in him to be a good player, obviously his attitude would have been poor if we'd insisted he stay. Sometimes it's best to just cut off infected tissue.
No point keeping someone who doesn’t want to stay. Good player but easily replaced.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have the feeling he did this shit at Penrith as well, good luck raiders can’t wait to hear he disrupts the playing group over there next sounds like a real team player.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Remember he came to us mid contract .. why was this so ??maybe has form at panthers as well..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amateur hour.

Both back or both released.....

Bring on Gus

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is where I wish the shoulder charge was still in the game. Napa doesn't do much these days, but at least we could have told him to line CHN up and drop the ****.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I honestly believe he is gonna live to regret this decision.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, it's good to get rid of players who don't want to be here. So I agree in that sense. Problem is a lot of the contribution to that is a) him fking a high-schooler on club duty and representing the NRL which almost fucked us financially with sponsorship and b) the fact that the NRL deregistered him and then decided they shouldn't have.

And CHN is probably sulking because we didn't support him. Well, at the time neither did the NRL, up until they did again. Again, we will come out looking like the bad guys instead of the NRL who have done a great job of making it confusing and shit for everyone.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the impression reading this that Okunbor was willing to undergo counselling and do anything the club wanted him to basically but maybe CHN wasn't so willing.

Oka was more desperate to get back in the good books obviously with less or no other clubs showing real interest. Maybe CHN thought he wasn't in the same boat as Oka and his punishment should be less. I'd just like to know the truth about what the club did with them after they were de-registered. Surely the club knew there was a good chance the players would be registered again one day in the near future so the club needed to stay on good terms with them for when that day came. Maybe the club was lazy though, maybe they thought they had more time - ie: they wouldn't be allowed to come back til next year but whatever the reason the club should have known there was an appeals process and it was possible the players would come back this year - after all we needed these players back badly.

I agree that CHN seems like a real dick but just on top of many other little things it does suggest that maybe this was a bit of a f..k up by our current admin to some degree. If we wanted to really keep him we could have easily outbid the Raiders and upgraded him by 50K or so - I'm sure his anger would have soon settled for extra cash - but the club probably thought it wrong to reward him for bad behaviour in the end and we know how politically correct they are now. We can't put all the blame on CHN though because we don't know what happened behind the scenes.

I'm just gonna be spewing when I see CHN carve up US and other teams in future. We really need a strike backrower especially after missing out on Bateman and Fifita. Elliott just isn't in the same class and never will be. If we had Bateman or Fifita I wouldn't be concerned at all but finding someone to replace CHN and for the same money is probably gonna prove impossible.

I really think if handled differently the situation could have been resolved and CHN would be with us for the rest of this year when we really desperately need him 10 times more than last year's Grand Finalists do

I'd also really like to know if we did have to pay CHN any $$$$ in back pay as was reported and if so did the Raiders pay us back for this.
The club was on a hiding to nothing. They had a clear and concise code of conduct; and had spelled them out to every player. After the Coffs incident, and the way the media hovered around our "Mad Mondays" these fools put us in the gunsights of the media and NRL. What else could the club do without suffering even harsher penalties from the NRL had we stood by the players, even though they breached our code of conduct? The club would have looked weak, and be pilloried for supporting casual sex with schoolgirls by people who should know better- can you imagine what the media would do with that?

The club acted responsibly - the players did not. They thought with their dicks, and had to pay the price. That a player wants to take revenge on a club that punished him because he couldn't do the right thing, tells me- that is a player we do not want. Let him go and wreck another club.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CHN sure does come across as a little whinger. I can only hope we win a title before the raiders do (wishful thinking)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Corey will kill it for the Raiders.
Of course he will. However I hope they bring back Curtis Scott at right centre... Having him and CHN next to each other is asking to be scored against and would end up costing them a chance at winning the GF imo.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are a small group of players who genuinely don't have the respect of most fans, CHN has just joined that group.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I believe from what I have read he won' t play as part of the termination agreement.
And he is hoping that by the time he plays us in 2021 his old team mates will have gotten tired of the idea of thumping him. After being betrayed by him just before the season started, and than not accepting their open invitation to be part of the team again, I'll bet he was pretty happy to agree not to play against them later this season.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuck them both they both pissed all over all the grass roots work of decades that meant so much in the first place- youd have to be insane to be conviced otherwise-the media is insane