Official Club season launch

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone go if so anything worth telling
i went, nothing worth telling. club made punters stand out in the rain to check off names before walking in, marquee too small for how many people went, nowhere to sit, packed in like sardines and only finger food. the toilet facilities were literally the toilets in the stadium which meant walking back out into the rain, it was humid and steamy inside the marquee and half of the players took off early while everyone else sank into the turf as the floor gradually gave way to the water. poorly organised and a bit of a shambles to be honest. the right ideas behind the actual football/club side of it, but would have been far better off utilising the leagues club 500m away considering the weather and lack of space/amenities with tables to sit at to be able to see and hear the speeches. disappointed in the night but was still happy to be able to meet the players that DID have time for fans

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i went, nothing worth telling. club made punters stand out in the rain to check off names before walking in, marquee too small for how many people went, nowhere to sit, packed in like sardines and only finger food. the toilet facilities were literally the toilets in the stadium which meant walking back out into the rain, it was humid and steamy inside the marquee and half of the players took off early while everyone else sank into the turf as the floor gradually gave way to the water. poorly organised and a bit of a shambles to be honest. the right ideas behind the actual football/club side of it, but would have been far better off utilising the leagues club 500m away considering the weather and lack of space/amenities with tables to sit at to be able to see and hear the speeches. disappointed in the night but was still happy to be able to meet the players that DID have time for fans
So surprised they didn’t use the leagues club. Perhaps let them know via feedback bro.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score

Who left?

download (2).jpeg

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m glad our players didn’t stand in the rain all night a week out from round 1 but the club should’ve taken the initiative to sell bulldogs raincoats and umbrellas for those that didn’t have one at home

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I went and stayed close to the last drinks at 930. By 915 more than half the guests had gone the weather didn’t help and I can say that more than half the players were still there around 9 and maybe around 8-10 players were still there at 915 close to the end including Ciro. I have no complaints I got to shake the hand of around 10 players but I do agree with Philmus about the other aspects of the function. Too crowded hot and steamy.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds fantastic. Hopefully there's not a covid cluster around the playing group prior to Rd 1...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a really big misstep considering how well they’ve been running things up until now. The pic of the players with umbrellas and mini waterfalls coming down looks embarrassing really. There must be a reason they’re doing most events at BSG. I’m guessing to build and galvanise that feeling of it being special. Edit: I should add, the weather sounds like the biggest issue, but wouldn’t have been so if they used an indoor venue.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you haven't watched this already, I recommend watching it. Gus speaks about the club, what it means to be a Bulldog and the club build. Success is not going to happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. You just need to be reminded we are within a rebuilding phase, and I am extremely confident we have the right people and leadership team to take us to where we are meant to be.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
If you haven't watched this already, I recommend watching it. Gus speaks about the club, what it means to be a Bulldog and the club build. Success is not going to happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. You just need to be reminded we are within a rebuilding phase, and I am extremely confident we have the right people and leadership team to take us to where we are meant to be.

Great vid but nah we lost 1 trial which automatically means we are rubbish and our future is terrible :sweatsmile:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thanks for posting that mate

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You really can't deny the heart of Josh Reynolds, he might not have the talent but he is definitely influential
Thanks for posting that mate
You're welcome.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That was awesome