Club captains formally announced

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
DWZ was the worst. He'd challenge every time he knocked it when it was obvious he dropped it cold on tackle one with no one near him.
DWZ is the most average footballer on earth lmao, yet he has had 3 clubs secure his services

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DWZ is the most average footballer on earth lmao, yet he has had 3 clubs secure his services
He runs harder than anyone. I love how hard he plays. But fuck me he has hands for feet and has bigger brain snaps than Paul Carige sometimes. I've never seen a player concede more tries while starting the play having possession than him. He did it like 4 times in one season. Like Ron Burgundy said to Baxter in Anchorman, I'm not even mad.. I'm impressed...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who does the grand final victory speech when we win in October?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBF, other clubs will all laugh at us too. Fck them but I don’t get the RFM role. Is it more or less important than Reed and Burton? As long as the boys respond to who ever is the leader, I just don’t like this shared, everyone gets a trophy leadership. IMO, teams follow the alpha, you want a leader that players will run through walls for. Maybe I’m just getting old
I think rfm or Mahoney should be the captain, but they might'nt play 80 . . . Burto does play 80. So he should be the the C . . . Process of elimination, share the V.C . . .future planning

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t know why everyone is struggling to comprehend co-captains.
Penrith have Cleary/Yeo co-captains.
Parra have Paulo/Gutherson co-captains.
Raiders have Croker/Whitehead co-captains.
Storm had Bromwich/Welch co-captains.
Knights had Ponga/Brailey co-captains.
Cowboys had Townsend/Taumalolo co-captains.

What is so f*cking hard to comprehend? Haha. It’s literally the way every top team is going….

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% well deserved to both players . Reed and Burton are 100% Captain ready . Burton has such a cool head on him and is the alpha of the team while Reed is awesome . Such a massive talker .

Rfm Kikau king and addocarr . This is pretty much a leader from all cultures haha . We are massive on culture Atm and it’s a great vibe . The amount of hours the players and staff are putting are huge . A lot different to previous years .

They are stretching the days a lot longer as a mentality shift where work hard and make the uncomfortable feel comfortable . It could go either way where you can get backlash from players but so far so good. Gus has transformed us off the field , the amount of juniors he’s signed is huge . I trust him 100%, from what I’ve seen he has done nothing but amazing work . Let’s keep it building , Leniu should be over the line I’d say as he’s been a priority from everyone that has come out of Penrith .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun. There’ll be some mention of an RSL John Farnham cover show whilst thanking the Commies, Pinkos and Stalinists (or something like that) :-).
Would love to, Fam… but we ain’t winning a comp any time soon.

I will give the speech when we win our last game of the season once it’s already too late.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What is so f*cking hard to comprehend? Haha. It’s literally the way every top team is going….
Only you aren't understanding . . . How many of them have a 5 man leadership team ? The last team to get the wooden spoon had a 5 man leadership team

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only you aren't understanding . . . How many of them have a 5 man leadership team ? The last team to get the wooden spoon had a 5 man leadership team
Storm do, Panthers do, Eels do, Knights do, South’s do, Tigers do…..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree on this too. Our last 2 captain we've complained that they dropped off once given the leadership. We all know Graham did,he was a shell of a player after being captain and continuing being the captain after blackfriday.. Spreading the responsibility around is a great way of ensuring everyone in the leadership group takes ownership of the team.. I'm all for it
I actually think Graham dropped off because we picked up a hooker that wasn't worth a lick of shit in the hooking role. Lichaa couldn't time a pass to allow a prop to hit the line at pace if his life depended on it. And he couldn't throw a pass further than his arm reached. So he along with most of our forwards went to shit. I don't blame the captaincy for him dropping off.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I’ve got it! So Reed and Burto hold hands to form an arch for the other 11 to run through on game day. Those 11 will be led running out by RFM unless he’s starting on the bench. . Then on the field , 6 of the 13 are leaders and 7 aren’t. Four will ensure the culture on the field will be positive, one will do the press conference with Cameron after the match, and two will talk to the refs on the field. . I assume paper scissor rock to decide a captains challenge or whether to take the shot at goal if Burton and Reed don’t agree …..or maybe Ray pulls rank and makes a team captains pick ? All of this occurs after the coin toss- presumably Burton and Reed decide before hand what they’ll call. And after the toss they stand behind Ray who’ll talk with Fox or 9 for the pre-match interview. The captains portrait in the clubhouse will need to be a very large mural.

I try and only say positive on this forum but this is an absolutely ridiculous decision. It’s something I reckon Fitler would come up with for the Blues. I get the leadership group and the culture stuff , but c’mon Cam have the courage to make the big call and name your captain and your vice. It’s a poor outcome I think. Almost Half the run on side are captains…..

wish I could have six captains for my supercoach team each week!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Exactly.. Well said.. I don't know why people are getting so worked up about this when so many clubs do the exact same thing, including the team that won the last two comps and made three straight grand finals. It didn't seem to negatively affect them.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I could care less who they appoint, all I care about is winning games and getting closer to the end goal and that's to win the comp. If appointing who they have and how they have gets us that then sign me up!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Three captains whatever, make a decision.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Far too many cooks in the kitchen, I fear it shows a lack of making hard decisions from the coach wanting to be friends with everyone, that's not how you win games by being friend with your players, there needs to be a coach player relationship not acting like mates which is what I'm seeing from our coach.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel like somebody created this whole "let Burton focus on his game" narrative and now everybody just runs with it.. He has proven that not much really phases him and Ciraldo will know that he will handle it.
He is a very level headed young man. They way he condcted himself throughout the period when we had just signed him speaks volumes of his character. Great choice. And both him and Mahoney are here for another 4 years.
Having another group of leaders to drive club culture and set standards for the training group is also a good idea given our massive cleanout of late. Our culture has suffered massively over the years, just look at the toll it took on Jackson. We need a group of committed leaders to help reinstate it.