Closed session friendly maybe?

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I misremembering that occasionally, a club might play a closed session friendly against some form of rival? I'm aware of the opposed session, which is a game of mixed members of the squad.

And I'm sure the idea of a semi-competitive game midweek holds so much risk... But we are in a desperate situation. Anything that might have a "Bulldogs first grade side" winning a game, might be worth it?

I know... I'm a desperate fan at the moment :cry:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett wants to look at some players he could bring in like Deitz, Schoupp and Ava

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett wants to look at some players he could bring in like Deitz, Schoupp and Ava
Probably already has an idea who he wants to bring in, just has to bide his time like we all do and have been so damn patiently lol.!!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I misremembering that occasionally, a club might play a closed session friendly against some form of rival? I'm aware of the opposed session, which is a game of mixed members of the squad.

And I'm sure the idea of a semi-competitive game midweek holds so much risk... But we are in a desperate situation. Anything that might have a "Bulldogs first grade side" winning a game, might be worth it?

And if they lose?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

They beat themselves already.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

yeh we played the tigers early in the year

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tarsha Gale Cup side would not guarantee a win so who could we pick?....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kennel v Bulldogs
@ASSASSIN did say in another thread that he is happy to take a run at Napa. Even with two shot knees i'd still smoke by Hoppa having a run. Sad thing is, the way the Dogs are playing, a rag tag crew of Kennel members coming together would probably show more heart and guts (literally and figuratively speaking).

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the Mounties knocked the grade team in a friendly before season started. Maybe it’s just a rumour but I can see it actually happening

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN did say in another thread that he is happy to take a run at Napa. Even with two shot knees i'd still smoke by Hoppa having a run. Sad thing is, the way the Dogs are playing, a rag tag crew of Kennel members coming together would probably show more heart and guts (literally and figuratively speaking).
Wallah I'd run at it. I'd even make it a charity event and all proceeds going to St Vincent's Heart and Lung Clinic.