Climate Change

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
1970: Ice Age By 2000
1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
1970: Oceans Dead in a Decade, US Water Rationing by 1974, Food Rationing by 1980
1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
1970s: Killer Bees!
1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
1972: New Ice Age By 2070
1972: Pending Depletion and Shortages of Gold, Tin, Oil, Natural Gas, Copper, Aluminum
1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
1974: Another Ice Age?
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life (data and graph)
1975: The Cooling World and a Drastic Decline in Food Production
1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 1990s
1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes (additional link)
1980: Peak Oil In 2000
1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend (additional link)
1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
1988: World’s Leading Climate Expert Predicts Lower Manhattan Underwater by 2018
1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
1989: UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
1996: Peak Oil in 2020
2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
2002: Peak Oil in 2010
2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
2005: Fifty Million Climate Refugees by the Year 2020
2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015 (additional link)
2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
Fear is how they control you, never forget this.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said last time you posted this: if you're going to do a bad cut and paste job as least provide the source.

Plus, where are these "additional links" and alleged graphs you speak of?
I mean, it's not hard to disprove, that's why I generally ignore it and Rod in general...

- Predicted in a book written by two brothers who were both politicians, not scientists

- No one has been able to confirm this. The reported NY Times article it's from quotes famous biologist Paul Ehrlich, but Paul Ehrlich wasn't a biologist. He was a physician. Neither professions are experts on climate, and even if they were, we're talking about the 1960s. If you think that education and technology has not progressed then you're about as bright as your average conspiracy theorist

1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
- I couldn't find any evidence this prediction exists. The person posting these apparent bad predictions posted this and when you click the link, it goes to a completely unrelated prediction by... Paul Ehrlich. The same one above who has no speciality in earth sciences

- Time magazine and media prediction. At the time scientists were saying that an ice age wouldn't happen. And again, even if they were predicting this. Using this as "Climate scientists are wrong" is like taking a 2 year old rod ramming a square block into a circle hole and saying that he could never solve a simple problem or answer a question because he can't cram his square block into the circle hole

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
U need to keep reading and not stop little penis man.

Lets go random again.
1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
And u so nicely provided the link. This Canberra Times article (a peer reviewed journal no less). And they clearly quoted 20 - 40 years but the sub ed happily used 30 years.
View attachment 57246
So with more updated info - heres is the latest. 40 years gets u to 2028. Looks like they were 22 years out.

At the current rate of global warming, almost 80% of the Maldives could become uninhabitable by 2050, according to multiple reports from NASA and the U.S. Geological Survey. "Our islands are slowly being inundated by the sea, one by one," Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, the president of the Maldives, told the U.N.

See this is what u do Rodzy - u don't go with weight of evidence - any evidence will do if it supports your twisted world view. You need to stop posterbating too...
maybe they were 22 years out or maybe in 2050 they will say the maldives will sink by 2070

the point is they were wrong just like the rest of the predictions on that list, don't act like they were right

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bushfires in France.
We are now watching the end of earth.
At least there is something on TV.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Bushfires in France.
We are now watching the end of earth.
At least there is something on TV.
How about the HEAT, I mean it killing us all by the thousands!! Some of the highest tempratures in the history of the earth. I mean on record. I mean in the last 70 years.

What is worse?

Scorching temperatures have even reached northern Europe. An annual four-day walking event in the Dutch city of Nijmegen announced Sunday that it would cancel the first day, scheduled for Tuesday, when temperatures are expected to peak at around 39 degrees Celsius (102 degrees Fahrenheit).

Devastating

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
the point is they were wrong
Go check out every post by @Rodzilla on the CVD thread. My point is you are wrong. You are always wrong. You quote wrong stuff. You believe wrong stuff.

The only right thing you have ever said is your micropenis acknowledgement. Shows that sometimes, the truth is too obvious to deny.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I mean, it's not hard to disprove, that's why I generally ignore it and Rod in general...

- Predicted in a book written by two brothers who were both politicians, not scientists

- No one has been able to confirm this. The reported NY Times article it's from quotes famous biologist Paul Ehrlich, but Paul Ehrlich wasn't a biologist. He was a physician. Neither professions are experts on climate, and even if they were, we're talking about the 1960s. If you think that education and technology has not progressed then you're about as bright as your average conspiracy theorist

- I couldn't find any evidence this prediction exists. The person posting these apparent bad predictions posted this and when you click the link, it goes to a completely unrelated prediction by... Paul Ehrlich. The same one above who has no speciality in earth sciences

- Time magazine and media prediction. At the time scientists were saying that an ice age wouldn't happen. And again, even if they were predicting this. Using this as "Climate scientists are wrong" is like taking a 2 year old rod ramming a square block into a circle hole and saying that he could never solve a simple problem or answer a question because he can't cram his square block into the circle hole
why are you stopping there? go through the 1970's to see the climate scientists claiming that there is no end in sight to the global cooling trend

are you saying they weren't wrong? lol what a moron

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Go check out every post by @Rodzilla on the CVD thread. My point is you are wrong. You are always wrong. You quote wrong stuff. You believe wrong stuff.

The only right thing you have ever said is your micropenis acknowledgement. Shows that sometimes, the truth is too obvious to deny.
i believe right stuff, im right, i always say whats on my mind because im right, you are wrong, you have to hide your true feelings and can't talk about it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a few issues with this graph:

- It conveniently ignores 4.5 billion years of the earths climatic history.
Yep, because that is irrelevant

- It highlights that over the select 22,000 year period, the earth has warmed by a whole 1 degree
Nope. It's a 5 degree warming with the largest warming happening in the brief period since the industrial revolution began

Sadly all of us will be dead within the next 100 years and none of us will live to know the truth on climate change.
We will be dead, but we already know the truth. It's established fact. We just don't know how bad the effects will be and what the feedback loop effects may be.

What there is no doubt of, is that it is being used as a tool by Western Countries to demean non-western countries. Yet another way to make the West appear superior to its enemies and more importantly, to its own people.
Wasn't that what Putin said?

A 2013 report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) argued that the rate of surface warming from 1998 to 2013 was slower than the rate of warming calculated since 1951.

An August 2014 study published in the Open Journal of Statistics argued that the rate of global warming slowed from 1998 to 2013 based on surface temperature records and global satellite data of the lower atmosphere.
Both reports noted that the potential slow warming rate (aka, the hiatus) was likely due to oceans abosrbing heat. More recent reports point out that the hiatus was a micalculation due to missing data and that the hiatus actually didn't exist.

Basically put, don't use 10 year old science in an attempt to disprove modern science.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have a read of these papers guys, you might not find them via uscontrolledsearchengine.com *cough* google.com :

(tears to shreds the below linked IPCC report)

(provided for reference)

Ahh yes. The Heartland Institute. A think tank funded by oil and gas companies with their major sponsor being ExxonMobil. A fossil fuel company that knew they were causing climate change and they worked to cover it up so they could make more money. And now they're being sued by many governments because the evidence was leaked.

But keep believing the fossil fuel advocates if it makes you feel special

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
i believe right stuff, im right, i always say whats on my mind because im right, you are wrong, you have to hide your true feelings and can't talk about it
Did we have a mental health session at work today Rodzy? You debunked CVD vaccines, climate change, the war on Ukraine, I believe Biden winning the election and thats all I could be fckd to find.

Since we're going all psychological - I believe you are a depressed old man looking for relevancy on sports forums by taking contrarian arguments to elicit responses. Easier to just argue everything with obscure random quotes than to actually do some research, think for yourself and positively contribute to a conversation.

Is that true feelings enough for you?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Yep, because that is irrelevant

4.5 billion years of history is irrelevant, even though its proven that the earth has been warming without human intervention?

Nope. It's a 5 degree warming with the largest warming happening in the brief period since the industrial revolution began.

5 degrees of anthropgenic warming it is clearly not.

We will be dead, but we already know the truth. It's established fact. We just don't know how bad the effects will be and what the feedback loop effects may be.

'Its established fact.' 'Trust the experts.' Where have I heard this before?

Wasn't that what Putin said?

Putin is more honest than any of the last 10 US presidents, let me tell you that.

Both reports noted that the potential slow warming rate (aka, the hiatus) was likely due to oceans abosrbing heat. More recent reports point out that the hiatus was a micalculation due to missing data and that the hiatus actually didn't exist.

Which hiatus are you referring to, 1910-1945 or 1945-1975?

After expecting a global mean surface temperature increase of 0.2 oC per decade in the early decades of the 21st century based on climate model simulations and statements in the 2007 IPCC AR4 Report29, the rate of warming since 1998 is only 0.065 oC per decade (HadCRUT4 data set) or 0.1 oC per decade (new NOAA data set). 2. There have been large magnitude variations in global/hemispheric climate on timescales of 30 years, which are the same duration as the late 20th century warming. The IPCC does not have convincing explanations for previous 30 year periods in the 20th century, notably the warming 1910-1945 and the grand hiatus 1945-1975. 3. There is a secular warming trend at least since 1800 (and possibly as long as 400 years), that cannot be explained by CO2, and is only partly explained by volcanic eruptions.

Basically put, don't use 10 year old science in an attempt to disprove modern science.

The science is not 10 years old.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
why are you stopping there? go through the 1970's to see the climate scientists claiming that there is no end in sight to the global cooling trend

are you saying they weren't wrong? lol what a moron
It only took a few points to show that your copypasta is 10 levels of stupid and blatantly wrong. Did you want me to go on and point out that other than most of your links being incorrect, you're also using "Prince Charles" and "Al Gore" as points of reference.

I don't think anyone in that list has any ctual expertise in climate change. Yet you believe that over actual scientists. You ignore actual climate scientists because you are you. A guy who is so far gone from reality that I'm not sure how you even manage to function. And this is why I generally ignore you. It's like arguing with a child. They'll eat their own shit and tell you that they won some imaginary competition.

Just a waste of time.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Did we have a mental health session at work today Rodzy? You debunked CVD vaccines, climate change, the war on Ukraine, I believe Biden winning the election and thats all I could be fckd to find.

Since we're going all psychological - I believe you are a depressed old man looking for relevancy on sports forums by taking contrarian arguments to elicit responses. Easier to just argue everything with obscure random quotes than to actually do some research, think for yourself and positively contribute to a conversation.

Is that true feelings enough for you?
if that was true it is still better than being a psycho eco fascist who believes the world is critically over populated and there needs to be a cull to save the world

you don't want to talk about those feelings because you said it would be like putting your cock in a vice to talk about them, which would be extremely painful btw

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It only took a few points to show that your copypasta is 10 levels of stupid and blatantly wrong. Did you want me to go on and point out that other than most of your links being incorrect, you're also using "Prince Charles" and "Al Gore" as points of reference.

I don't think anyone in that list has any ctual expertise in climate change. Yet you believe that over actual scientists. You ignore actual climate scientists because you are you. A guy who is so far gone from reality that I'm not sure how you even manage to function. And this is why I generally ignore you. It's like arguing with a child. They'll eat their own shit and tell you that they won some imaginary competition.

Just a waste of time.
at least go on and point out the climate scientists in the 1970's talking about a global cooling trend

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
if that was true it is still better than being a psycho eco fascist who believes the world is critically over populated and there needs to be a cull to save the world

you don't want to talk about those feelings because you said it would be like putting your cock in a vice to talk about them, which would be extremely painful btw
Feel free to requote the post where I said cull the population. The world is critically over populated. Same as your internet browser history.

And good to know about the cck in a vice but I have a question. Where did u manage to get such a small vice?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course there is climate change.... happens every 3 months lol

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Ahh yes. The Heartland Institute. A think tank funded by oil and gas companies with their major sponsor being ExxonMobil. A fossil fuel company that knew they were causing climate change and they worked to cover it up so they could make more money. And now they're being sued by many governments because the evidence was leaked.

But keep believing the fossil fuel advocates if it makes you feel special

Why woud Exxon not fund Heartland?

How is that any different to the funding being provided to 'Climate Activists'

Its basically fossil fuel companies vs the world at the moment on this topic.

The West control just about every media outlet to push their agenda. Why can't Heartland have a donor?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Feel free to requote the post where I said cull the population. The world is critically over populated. Same as your internet browser history.

And good to know about the cck in a vice but I have a question. Where did u manage to get such a small vice?
you praised china's efforts and clearly talked glowingly about wars and viruses solving the problem, regretted that we were able to reduce infant mortality

you should talk about how you wanted babies to continue to die