Climate Change

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On that, how on Earth can they drink beer hot?
I'm not sure its that hot stella Heineken ,guiness ect are all ice cold, I think it's just the cask ales that are room temperature, and maybe fosters but who drinks that shit anyway?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure its that hot stella Heineken ,guiness ect are all ice cold, I think it's just the cask ales that are room temperature, and maybe fosters but who drinks that shit anyway?
I think it's one of those stereotypes that sticks. During freezing cold weather with no heaters 100 years ago they decided to drink warm beer. The Americans heard this and decided to use it to pick on them.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Traditionally it was room temperature, presumably to offset the cooler weather outside, but with climate change they need to revise that policy! :-).
Like how the Scots crap on about ice in whiskey is forbidden give em a day over 28 degrees with a kilo of prawns suddenly ice in whiskey ain't so bad

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's one of those stereotypes that sticks. During freezing cold weather with no heaters 100 years ago they decided to drink warm beer. The Americans heard this and decided to use it to pick on them.
Doom bar abbot's ect is pumped from the cask its not so cold, your first ever day in London is 26 degrees you notice that shit, maybe winter would not of picked it up as much ,but Aussie on warm day like beer ice ice cold

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ah the irony - ‘Murikans picking on others for poor quality beer :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like how the Scots crap on about ice in whiskey is forbidden give em a day over 28 degrees with a kilo of prawns suddenly ice in whiskey ain't so bad
They're kind of right there. Kind of. If you ask whiskey experts they'll tell you that adding ice to whiskey ruins it. But a few drops of water will often open up the flavour.

Not me though. I love my ice... The frozen water kind. I don't like things too sweet and when any drink gets warmer, it gets sweeter. That's why Coke on ice is so refreshing. It's not so much the cooling temperature, it's the fact that cold dulls the sweetness.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They're kind of right there. Kind of. If you ask whiskey experts they'll tell you that adding ice to whiskey ruins it. But a few drops of water will often open up the flavour.

Not me though. I love my ice... The frozen water kind. I don't like things too sweet and when any drink gets warmer, it gets sweeter. That's why Coke on ice is so refreshing. It's not so much the cooling temperature, it's the fact that cold dulls the sweetness.
Ever use whiskey rocks? My snobby cousin got me hooked on using them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ever use whiskey rocks? My snobby cousin got me hooked on using them.
Yeah, wasn't a fan. It's basic thermodynamics. Whiskey rocks will work almost as well as ice, but I still don't like them. I think I need that hint of water.

An alternative is grapes. They work a lot like whiskey rocks.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good ale can be drunk at (British normal) room temperature, which is of course cooler than the average Aussie equivalent. its your flavourless lagers that need to be drunk icy cold.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t believe they’re banning new petrol cars in Canberra. These left wing nut jobs are literally happy watching people especially farmers it seems lose everything in the name of left wing totalitarianism. Surprised that I haven’t seen many people talk about the Sri Lanka issue and how the government trying to go green has destroyed millions of lives.
The great reset is real, it’s happening, they don’t even shy away from it some even explicitly mention “the great reset”.
Bill gates casually buying all the land off farmers
Nothing to see here
Exciting exciting times.

Last edited: