Climate Change

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
True. They buy our coal. Or at least, they did. Can't remember if they're doing it again.

But they're still a much lower emitter per person than us, and one of the leading countries when it comes to renewables. As oppose to Australia which is the second highest emitter per person.

China's problem (one of their many problems) is that they have way too many people. They dominate the CO2 emissions purely by having too many people.
Know why they abandoned the one child policy Hacky?...social impact understandable but did it achieve what they were hoping?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Know why they abandoned the one child policy Hacky?...social impact understandable but did it achieve what they were hoping?
From memory, it worked too well. Population numbers dropped so much that businesses closed down. The Chinese government and military take a percentage of Chinese business profits. So it basically resulted in a loss of profits for them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From memory, it worked too well. Population numbers dropped so much that businesses closed down. The Chinese government and military take a percentage of Chinese business profits. So it basically resulted in a loss of profits for them.
Be interesting to see if an "independent authority" could accurately evaluate how they are going to sustain all those billions into the future. Same goes for India I guess.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nuclear fusion is the dream. Still seems so far away though but they are getting closer.

If it worked sustainably it would be the cleanest fuel force possible.
Yeah, a 5 second test shows it has a way to go, but largely fueled by sea water is very promising given the abundance earth has of that.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nuclear fusion is the dream. Still seems so far away though but they are getting closer.

If it worked sustainably it would be the cleanest fuel force possible.
Is that similar to what they call the "god particle"?

Or am I way off?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that similar to what they call the "god particle"?

Or am I way off?
Way off. But related, somewhat.

Basically the God particle is the Higgs Boson which was theorised long ago but discovered by smashing atoms together in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. Nuclear fusion uses a similar process.

Nuclear fission (the current process) splits the atom and the energy released from splitting atoms boils water which spins and turbine to get electricity. This creates nuclear waste.

Nuclear fusion instead smashes atoms together to create new atoms. Similar to what they do in a particle Collider. But when these two atoms fuse together, it creates energy. Then you use that energy to boil water, spin turbine, electricity.

The major difference with fusion is that you're not creating waste. You're just doing what the sun does. The sun takes two hydrogen atoms, pushes them together and creates helium, then oxygen, etc. We would do a similar thing to what the sun does.

The problem is that in order to replicate what the sun does, we need energy. Lots of it. The sun uses its mass as energy. We can't do that because we don't have that kind of mass on earth. So we have to create it artificially and when we do that, we use more energy than we create (conservation of energy, thermodynamics)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't forget how he banned vapes because it would result in less tobacco tax money coming in.

The guy is the worst health minister Australia has ever had.
I believe they banned vapes because they were intended to help ppl quit smoking but kids were using them to be "cool" not having smoked before, and there were cases of bad side effects too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe they banned vapes because they were intended to help ppl quit smoking but kids were using them to be "cool" not having smoked before, and there were cases of bad side effects too.
Yep. That was one of the things. Some kids started vaping to be cool which is a problem.

The other thing was that some people got very sick and some died because of black market vaping liquid that contained everything from Vitamin E oil (which is very bad for your lungs) to arsenic.

All the more reason it should be regulated.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am convinced that within the next few years we will actually get a light dusting of snow in the western suburbs...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The earth is in a cooling phase and headed toward another inevitable ice age. No amount of policy or money or leftardness is going to change that.
At what rate? When is the next ice age starting?

And because we're speaking about global warming. I'm sure you're referring to surface and sea temperature not ambient. Or are you talking about the earths core?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s cool. It sounds like our government are going to embrace coal again like a lot of the rest of the world are

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
At what rate? And because we're speaking about global warming. I'm sure you're referring to surface and sea temperature not ambient
I’m talking about fresh water displacing salt and changing the currents and therefore the weather. It happens cyclically throughout history. We are heading toward an ice age but instead of admitting it and freaking people out they are gaslighting people and saying it’s basically humans fault.

Then all the greta’s of the world who virtue signal ukraine and gay pride (considering ukraine doesn’t allow gay marriage how funny is that) can feel like they’re “helping”.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m talking about fresh water displacing salt and changing the currents and therefore the weather. It happens cyclically throughout history. We are heading toward an ice age but instead of admitting it and freaking people out they are gaslighting people and saying it’s basically humans fault.

Then all the greta’s of the world who virtue signal ukraine and gay pride (considering ukraine doesn’t allow gay marriage how funny is that) can feel like they’re “helping”.
Ok. Now i understand your stance better. At what rate is this happening? Especially compared to previous cycles