Climate Change

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Surprised to read more oxygen is produced from ocean. Makes me re think things. I always assumed wind comes from ocean, yet oxygen is from trees. The ocean comes up trumps again, the true giver of life
Wind comes from Eels fans. Scientifically proven.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surprised to read more oxygen is produced from ocean. Makes me re think things. I always assumed wind comes from ocean, yet oxygen is from trees. The ocean comes up trumps again, the true giver of life
Yeah, it's an oddly not well known fact. Roughly 70% of our oxygen comes from the ocean.

Wind is an interesting thing too. The sun plays a huge part in it. Most wind is created by the sun heating the earth, the heat causing air to rise, and the earth rotating.

Keep in mind that I'm saying this from stuff I learned 20 years ago so my memory could be shot and I could be off (on the wind, not the oxygen)

Edit: scratch that, I'm getting old and remembering poorly. Just looked it up again. Wind is created when one part of the earth is heated more than another part, then air moves from high pressure to low pressure.

I should remember this stuff as I work with air pressure all the time.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, it's an oddly not well known fact. Roughly 70% of our oxygen comes from the ocean.

Wind is an interesting thing too. The sun plays a huge part in it. Most wind is created by the sun heating the earth, the heat causing air to rise, and the earth rotating.

Keep in mind that I'm saying this from stuff I learned 20 years ago so my memory could be shot and I could be off (on the wind, not the oxygen)

Edit: scratch that, I'm getting old and remembering poorly. Just looked it up again. Wind is created when one part of the earth is heated more than another part, then air moves from high pressure to low pressure.

I should remember this stuff as I work with air pressure all the time.
Yes - so after an Eels fan eats their 16th cheeseburger, the heat from digestion builds up in the colon and boom.... wind gusts.

Same principle.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very interesting re Exxon and their own research cover up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very interesting re Exxon and their own research cover up.

The Exxon cover up is one of the most confusing things for me. You can show people the cover up. You can show their lead scientists admitting that they accurately projected climate change based on fossil fuel burning. You can show that ExxonMobil management clearly told people that fossil fuels would cause major climate issues, and they clearly told their staff to run a campaign pretending climate change doesn't exist.

You show all of that to climate deniers and they always ignore it.

Can you imagine if you were on the jury of a murder trial and after the killer admitted he did it while also showing footage of him doing it, the other jury members said, "Nah, he's just an alarmist"?

I just don't get how people can be so ignorant.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Exxon cover up is one of the most confusing things for me. You can show people the cover up. You can show their lead scientists admitting that they accurately projected climate change based on fossil fuel burning. You can show that ExxonMobil management clearly told people that fossil fuels would cause major climate issues, and they clearly told their staff to run a campaign pretending climate change doesn't exist.

You show all of that to climate deniers and they always ignore it.

Can you imagine if you were on the jury of a murder trial and after the killer admitted he did it while also showing footage of him doing it, the other jury members said, "Nah, he's just an alarmist"?

I just don't get how people can be so ignorant.
You and me both. NASA's departmental head discovered the relationship between burning fossil fuels and climate change and Exxon did their research and yet....

Just like asbestos. Very easy to take the profits, deceitful denying publicity campaigns and condemn the workers, environment and our grandchildren to their wilful neglect and polluting.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enter the Albo / Bowen effect. Building Solar Panels in Australia :laughing: , but take 2 x jets to the same meeting.. FFS

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
All I know is it shouldn’t be 29 degrees at Easter in the inner west like it was on the weekend at Henson Park watching the Jets