Opinion Climate Change

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There will always be areas of difference that will separate the parties. The proposed industrial relations bill coming up for a vote at the moment is a prime example. If that gets through it's going to piss off a lot of part time workers who have penalty rates cut due to the libs supporting business to the detriment of the employment force. Even Howard was too smart to change things without a referendum. These changes if voted in should really bite the lib/mats in the ass hard.

As for climate change, it's hitting the point where only those with their heads truly in the sand can deny it.
Argh the only poster who picked up the real purpose of the post lol and prepared to talk about any other issues the 2 parties don't have in common.

I guess its just the humanities and industrial relations then that may delineate both parties... if Scomo can get real emisions targets set for 2050, it eliminates that issue off Labor's platform.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even the countries that go on about zero emissions by 2050 etc. From what I understand they all conveniently leave out agriculture. Agriculture plays a huge role in emissions, so makes there targets silly to me
Yep. Agriculture is a huge part of emissions. But it's the biggest hurdle for many.

Scientists - "we need to reduce emissions"

People - "Cool. We'll transition to renewables, reduce the amount of traffic, electric vehicles.."

Scientists - "also, being vegan is much better for the environment"

People - "... Honey, get my rifle. We've got a trespasser"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Climate change has always existed,.the climate in general gets hotter and colder, wind back 40 - 50 years and they were talking about global cooling, then global warming, now it's just climate change.

The e(rth regulates itself, every 300 years or so there's a mega volcano that spreads ash all over the earth's atmosphere and restricts heat on the earth causing major global cooling.

In saying that I believe we have a obligation to do what we can to look after the earth.
I think a part of the new earth regulation will be when earth gets more uncomfortable for humans resulting in mass casualties and humans restricting population growth.

Or maybe we'll just all die.

But that's the important thing to remember about climate change. It won't destroy the planet. It'll just make it very uncomfortable for humans.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I think a part of the new earth regulation will be when earth gets more uncomfortable for humans resulting in mass casualties and humans restricting population growth.

But that's the important thing to remember about climate change. It won't destroy the planet. It'll just make it very uncomfortable for humans.
Remember the earth is a living sentient cell of the cosmos bro , it's humanities job to till the land not control

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

There's always Mars. They're getting my place ready now.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really everything is constantly interchanging the magnetic poles fluctuate and move therefore the earth moves with them so in hindsight weather patterns change in different locations but the solidified climate stays the same
What's your definition of "climate?"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eagle1 said:
Not really everything is constantly interchanging the magnetic poles fluctuate and move therefore the earth moves with them so in hindsight weather patterns change in different locations but the solidified climate stays the same.

What's your definition of "climate?"
It's solidified whatever it is.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Mars i
Eagle1 said:
Not really everything is constantly interchanging the magnetic poles fluctuate and move therefore the earth moves with them so in hindsight weather patterns change in different locations but the solidified climate stays the same.

It's solidified whatever it is.
is easy to terraform ! Heat fusion basically and some very skilled drillers

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't believe 8n climate change as 8n what is being proposed by society atm.

I do believe however that we do unduly pollute the earth and need to take reasonable measures to counter that.

I also believe that we have time on our side and don't need to make rash decisions when weighing up functional society vs cleaner society.

I'm all for a cleaner planet but we must also look at how a cleaner planet will effect us on a personal and productive level in the future.

Our grids are loaded to the Max now, how much more so when we rely on electricity to replace fossil fuel. Technology is not currently advanced enough to rely solely on electricity.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe 8n climate change as 8n what is being proposed by society atm.

I do believe however that we do unduly pollute the earth and need to take reasonable measures to counter that.

I also believe that we have time on our side and don't need to make rash decisions when weighing up functional society vs cleaner society.

I'm all for a cleaner planet but we must also look at how a cleaner planet will effect us on a personal and productive level in the future.

Our grids are loaded to the Max now, how much more so when we rely on electricity to replace fossil fuel. Technology is not currently advanced enough to rely solely on electricity.
Personally I'd go with the furnace tip idea because when a fire is hot enough you pretty much have zero emissions

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree but scary when it’s a former Vice President in Al Gore.
I love and hate people like Al Gore. They do so much good by bringing the issue of climate change to the masses, but they also make actual climate science look terrible due to their inaccurate predictions designed to induce emotional response.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Atmosphere there's no climate without a necleus of magnetism because everything in the atmosphere has a polar correspondence
This statement is somewhat inaccurate from what I know but there are hints of accuracy. The poles don't have a massive effect on the climate and even if they flip, the effect on the climate will be minimal. But they have been shifting and that shifts some of the climate patterns slightly.

Then there's the fact that if the core of the earth stops spinning then the magnetosphere will collapse and our atmosphere will be wiped out by solar winds.

Not sure about the nucleus part though. Are you talking about the electromagnetic effect on the nucleus of an atom?