Official Cleary crushes Bulldogs’ hopes of early release for young gun

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't see Cleary wanting to "develop" a player going to a rival club. This is more a back up option, in case something happens to his main players during the season.

I guess we'd feel the same if one of our better players wanted to leave a year early.
If it was one of our better players they would have been in First Grade and not running around in the reserves like Burton has. Penrith screwed up and they know it!!!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cleary is legit he will have Burton in the 17 every week, otherwise he we not be helping his development and to tue contrary will hinder his development.

A full year playing centre or 14 will be good for Burton anything short of that it would be better for his development if he were here in 21.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe so except for the "to help his development" talk that's a blatant fucking lie...he isn't a good guy and is a deserter himself so I don't really understand how you couldn't dislike the prick :p
Not saying I don't dislike him, but what he said is not anything a coach wouldn't normally say :grinning:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see Cleary wanting to "develop" a player going to a rival club. This is more a back up option, in case something happens to his main players during the season.

I guess we'd feel the same if one of our better players wanted to leave a year early.
We let Klemmer go without sooking about it and he had over two years remaining on his contract, he was already a staple state of origin player too so what does that say about Mr Cleary! I hope his manager gives Cleary heaps of backlash for this in the media.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t really blame them for keeping him, but Cleary’s words are smothered in salt. If he had valued Burton and not put him below inferior players (or at least one of them in May) in the pecking order due to nepotism, he probably would have held onto him.

Bold prediction: the mighty Dogs will win a premiership before Penrith.

Now go get Benji on a one year deal, pls Trent.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not saying I don't dislike him, but what he said is not anything a coach wouldn't normally say :grinning:
Most coaches wouldn’t have used that development line, tbh. It’s a blatant shot at our club because he’s salty (and probably feels a bit threatened by us.... and it’s petty.

Last edited:

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left the Tigers before the end of his contract after spending massive coin on a number of duds so he could return serve on the great Gus then gets sand in his vag over a player signing with another club. Fuck off Cleary you fucking snake.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Cleary had to say was “Burton is a quality player, wished he stayed with Penrith and he will play a role in our chase for a premiership in 2021”
No need for all that garbage about personnel development staying at Penrith. In a way he’s having a cheap shot at the dogs. Smug dog.
You can tell this was his intention the wanker, butt hurt really deep in his arse hole

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broken down I'd say, he hasn't been able to start the bus since it broke down at kick off in the grand final.
luckily for Ivan, the bus is no longer needed... he can now make a good living off the common belief that his son is the next great halfback (in truth, good yes but not great) and thus, that he is the best option to coach him... all the while both pocket 7 figure yearly wages... quite the racket

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
luckily for Ivan, the bus is no longer needed... he can now make a good living off the common belief that his son is the next great halfback (in truth, good yes but not great) and thus, that he is the best option to coach him... all the while both pocket 7 figure yearly wages... quite the racket
Yeah they were inspired by Bennett and Darius Boyd and thought hang on ... we actually are father and son.