Classic Sportswear 2019

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s more than just a jersey. You are aligning one brand with anothe. WTF is classic? Shite local brand? For real. What a shame in this day and age, we couldn’t land a major manufacturer.
I would prefer a shit local brand instead of a shit house Kiwi brand, Classic are the ones that produced the great on field apparel 2015 we once wore, CCC started off OK but, decided to make too many changes to our original outfits, for example this years outfits which looks terrible because it is getting away from what our Jersey should look like....traditional IMO and that includes the socks.
We have the best jersey design in the NRL by a long shot, lets not change it dramatically like they have done this year, I also hope classic replace that hideous red logo on the front of our jersey with a royal blue one in maybe 2 demential to help it stand out just that little bit more if thats what Kia are after.
I have always purchase a new home Jersey every year except for last year and this year...which is a shame.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is true, however i obviously dont have the numbers, but id argue that the vast majority of jerseys are either purchased at said teams teamstore and or rebel sports complexes.
I’m guessing you are right regarding the sales. I just know that the potential avenues for marketing and building our brand with a major manufacturer would be unlimited, whereas if we go with classic, we can’t grow with them, they got nothing, and can’t offer anything. We need to always think ahead and think of the future, and what we can do new and different.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m guessing you are right regarding the sales. I just know that the potential avenues for marketing and building our brand with a major manufacturer would be unlimited, whereas if we go with classic, we can’t grow with them, they got nothing, and can’t offer anything. We need to always think ahead and think of the future, and what we can do new and different.
100% im not happy with classic and would much prefer a bigger brand

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised CCC have been let go. They contract-out just about every aspect of the business and you never deal with the same person from year to year. They might be easier for the club to deal with but retailers are not big fans of CCC.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised CCC have been let go. They contract-out just about every aspect of the business and you never deal with the same person from year to year. They might be easier for the club to deal with but retailers are not big fans of CCC.
CCC are unreliable & difficult to deal with and have trouble keeping deadlines.
Classic will be a welcome change

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dib has been flexible in the past with his definition of the truth. I wonder if it's possible he is floating a rumour of the richest deal ever to get votes for the election today and negotiations aren't as far advanced as claimed?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib has been flexible in the past with his definition of the truth. I wonder if it's possible he is floating a rumour of the richest deal ever to get votes for the election today and negotiations aren't as far advanced as claimed?
Where u been under a rock,he's gone he was vote out yesterday lol

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know who used to jersey through his sportsco show at parra every jersey was $99 adult and kids $60 expect bulldogs which wouldn't stock as ccb would charge him 159 wholesale in bulk.

So the club will probably stand 5 times more profit.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I've heard, from a few people. I know sporting teams that won't touch them ever again because they haven't received their gear for the season ahead when they ordered in October the previous year!

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people really need a reality check.

There is a reason CCC has lost the QLD origin team, one of the most valuable markets in Australia through sheer volume of merchandise sold. It's because they are terrible to deal with.

And for the people suggesting Nike/Adidas/Under Armour or any other big name brands, it's not a matter of picking who your supplier is, those companies have to actually be interested in supplying you and be willing to agree to a decent contract. Then you need to consider where it comes from etc so it can get to you in a reasonable timeframe. Otherwise you're paying for your apparel.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Classic sportswear made both the Hyundai and HFC Finance jerseys. They also made the State of Origin jerseys for both states.
They have also just won the right to provide for the Australian Cricket team
I would hardly call them a small company. An added bonus is that they are completely made in Sydney, not Taiwan or Bangladesh.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Classic sportswear made both the Hyundai and HFC Finance jerseys. They also made the State of Origin jerseys for both states.
I would hardly call them a small company. An added bonus is that they are completely made in Sydney, not Taiwan or Bangladesh.
Bang on. A good Aussie company.

I'm still laughing at people who thought Adidas would have helped us become the next Real Madrid.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, we won most of our premierships wearing their jersies?

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Yeah but we are aligning with a low standard brand... when two businesses come together, they need to be the same level. We are an elite sporting team, we should be with ISC, Nike, Adidas etc. they are the premium brands. We are diminishing our brand by aligning with a company which is obviously poor. There are so many opportunities to arise fr9m partnering up with premium, global brands, which we won’t have access to. No one wants to wear ‘classic’. Everyone wants to wear Nike
We haven’t shown we are elite on the field for awhile now , maybe it’s all that was on offer..