Classic Old School Commercials

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just talking about this ad today and ( thankfully) they don't make them like this anymore. Found it funny back in the day though..... The Mazda one is a trailer for the first one..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't find the Leggo's tomato paste ad which was only shown once due to complaints. The line was "open your Leggo's & give your man's meat a treat!"

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't find the Leggo's tomato paste ad which was only shown once due to complaints. The line was "open your Leggo's & give your man's meat a treat!"
Ha ha, really?
I don’t remember that one, but no chance of that getting up today without the outrage community reaching for the megaphones and pitchforks.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a segue, but I remember a Lufthansa ad when I was living in the UK in the 1970s. It was advertising the airline as a great way to fly home from Europe; and panned into the cabin of a 747, heading into London at night. The pilot turned to the camera and said, in a heavy German accent, "after all we know the way!" The ad lasted less than a week before the public outcry had it pulled.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of a segue, but I remember a Lufthansa ad when I was living in the UK in the 1970s. It was advertising the airline as a great way to fly home from Europe; and panned into the cabin of a 747, heading into London at night. The pilot turned to the camera and said, in a heavy German accent, "after all we know the way!" The ad lasted less than a week before the public outcry had it pulled.
I’ve seen the opposite version too on a pilots forum. There were claims from British pilots of not knowing approaches to German airports well, because ‘we used to just drop packages but never land’ :-).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha ha, really?
I don’t remember that one, but no chance of that getting up today without the outrage community reaching for the megaphones and pitchforks.
It aired somewhere around 1984-86 & it got banned even then.