No Source Clarkeys NRL “news” says Dogs are after Britt and Billy Brittain

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britt looked decent today, already have too many players in this mould though so hopefully it doesn't happen.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You can never have too many country boy plodders in your side" - Dean Pay 2019.
Why should we sign Britt anyway? If Clarkey is right and Britt would rather sign a one year deal to play NSW Cup then let him stay there. I’d rather we invest that time and money in guys like Ogden and To’omaga who want to be here.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why should we sign Britt anyway? If Clarkey is right and Britt would rather sign a one year deal to play NSW Cup then let him stay there. I’d rather we invest that time and money in guys like Ogden and To’omaga who want to be here.
agree he isn’t really an upgrade but
To’omaga needs to invest in his fitness. ...

Malla

Reaction score
Lol who is clarkey? some random flog on facebook making shit up

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree but pay is clueless

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree he isn’t really an upgrade but
To’omaga needs to invest in his fitness. ...
Britt also hasn’t realised that Su’a was recruited for a reason and is now ahead of him in the pecking order.
I think recruiting other teams reserve graders has led us to be in this position. Holland, Cogger, Crichton, C Smith, Meaney & JMK aren’t world beaters. I’d rather we fill our squad with juniors and recruit players who have proven they belong in first grade. Stimson is a good start. Guys like Ramien, Scott, Koroisau & Thompson should be on our shopping list

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Britt’s done a great job when called upon for Souths this year.

Definite improvement on Fualalo, Ogden, Smith and co

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Britt’s done a great job when called upon for Souths this year.

Definite improvement on Fualalo, Ogden, Smith and co
Problem is that it isn’t hard to improve on those guys...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britt also hasn’t realised that Su’a was recruited for a reason and is now ahead of him in the pecking order.
I think recruiting other teams reserve graders has led us to be in this position. Holland, Cogger, Crichton, C Smith, Meaney & JMK aren’t world beaters. I’d rather we fill our squad with juniors and recruit players who have proven they belong in first grade. Stimson is a good start. Guys like Ramien, Scott, Koroisau & Thompson should be on our shopping list
That's why these last two seasons have been a massive waste imo. The club should've got way more out of some of the guys we have playing for us now so we didn't have to go and recruit other teams bit part players and essentially start all over again. The opportunity should've been here to play well and either get a contract extension or get a contract somewhere else...instead we just pissed it all the time away while the club continued to make excuses.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is that it isn’t hard to improve on those guys...
Doesn’t matter. Britt is the sort of no nonsense bench forward we need. High work rate, decent go forward, error free.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't listen to this bloke. He's trying to become a Journo and his mail would be Chinese whispers. Wish him luck in his career but at this stage he's far from a credible source

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is full of shit guranteef my mate went to school with him he’s just a kid on the Gold Coast who never could play rugby league and used to cry if you called him a name he always goes I’ve got mail and i called him
Out on it he just reads other rumours

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why these last two seasons have been a massive waste imo. The club should've got way more out of some of the guys we have playing for us now so we didn't have to go and recruit other teams bit part players and essentially start all over again. The opportunity should've been here to play well and either get a contract extension or get a contract somewhere else...instead we just pissed it all the time away while the club continued to make excuses.
It’s not just game time but it’s cap space too. I understand Okunbor has been hit and miss but he and Crichton both don’t need to be on the roster. A small upgrade to Okunbor and maybe having a talented u20’s player allows you to have more money to buy top line talent.
We are giving money and game time to guys that won’t ever be more than what they are right now

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Britt is the sort of no nonsense bench forward we need. High work rate, decent go forward, error free.
bench forward is probably low priority at this stage we need a bit more fire power IMO. You would be trying to sign a Welsch type player first otherwise we aren’t really moving forward.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is full of shit guranteef my mate went to school with him he’s just a kid on the Gold Coast who never could play rugby league and used to cry if you called him a name he always goes I’ve got mail and i called him
Out on it he just reads other rumours
Whenever I see this Clarkey flop that’s exactly the type of person I thought he would be... sloppy nerd ****.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got no mail on this, but it doesn't take a genius to see that Clarkey is a flop