Opinion Clark could be ours if we cough up the coin

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Let’s do some analysis.
Here is mine.
No oil, no rumour, just fact.

Transfer fee- shouldnot be an issue. We are a rich club. Asians, dealers, locals feed our pokies and facilities daily and as a result we are rich. So shouldn’t be an issue.

so let’s look at the cap and what is Clark’s price.
Firstly, Clark has never to my knowledge states soem burning desire to test himself in the nrl, he’s happy at home in Warrington.

so we can forget about any pay cut business.

therefore we need to figure out what he is on now.
I do recall an old article on LU saying it was a 2 million 3 year deal but I could be wrong.
Conservatively he would be on 450 and maximum I think is 600.
We know that Thompson was going to be the highest paid Helens player of all time if he stayed for 725
We also know Benji was offered 700
Maloney is on 500+
Widdop is on 700
Burgers similar
These are cap exempt marquees

is Clarkthe second marquee at Warrington?Or is it Austin?

I suspect he isn’t, so he is most likely on 500.
At 500, what gets you to the nrl?
50k for extra rent and moving about rubbish. Just intrinsic cost.

we are now at 550.
Now what gets you moving from a happy comfortable environment?
I am thinking 150-300k given he could be a marquee elsewhere in the esl.

basically, I think he is going to cost 759 a year plus
Transfer costs. Pure Lebanon.

Is Daryl Clark worth 750?
Is he a Damien cook superstar?
Or a glorified jmk!?
Yes i agree, we need more lesbians

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reports that the Titans have had a change of heart in regard to Clark..
Apparently they have baulked at his asking price and potential transfer fee..
So do we cough up the coin he is asking ?
I don’t know the figure or term he is chasing, but we might not have a choice if the report that Smith will remain in Melbourne for 22..
We could use Deitz as a backup and release Katoa and JMK..
Thoughts guys?
From what I have seen of Clark he is very good at running from dummy half but unfortunately he is well known in the UK as a one trick pony, the question is how will he go against the better defense in the NRL ?
the second question, will the risk and his age warrant the price he is supposedly asking for ?
It's big no from me !

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Hes asking 800k a year for 3 years i heard.
Not sure how much the transfer fee is but
The cheese won’t cost as much. At best 750k a year. No transfer fee. Even then that’s too freight and the cheese is an easy sell for a Dog supporter to pony up and pay a 3rd party top up to see him play for us.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gold Coast have aborted their pursuit of Super League sensation Daryl Clark after being stunned at the salary and terms he was seeking to leave England.
The Titans have baulked at the asking price of Super League sensation Daryl Clark, leaving the Gold Coast to continue their hunt for a new No. 9.
News Corp understands the Titans have aborted their pursuit of Clark for now after being stunned at the salary and terms he was seeking to leave England.

Reports from England this week suggested Clark was Gold Coast-bound in 2021, however that is not the case.
The Titans hoped to lure Melbourne star Brandon Smith to the Gold Coast, however the Storm would not entertain releasing him without a big-name player trade occurring.

The Storm even asked the Titans to release former Melbourne gun Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to facilitate the Smith signing, which the Gold Coast rejected.

The Titans still have an eye on Smith for 2023 and beyond, but he is also being chased hard by Canterbury coach Trent Barrett.

The Smith impasse prompted the Titans to look abroad at Clark, Warrington’s hooker and a former England Test player.
At 28, Clark is an experienced rake with more than 270 games of first grade experience in England.

He was named the Super League’s Man of Steel - equivalent to the NRL’s Dally M Medal - in 2014 before touring Australia for the Four Nations.

The Titans made Clark an offer but were blown away by what he was seeking to head to Australia.

Clark not only wanted top dollar to head to the Gold Coast but was also seeking the security of a three-year deal, which the Titans would not entertain.

Titans figures have not ruled out signing Clark, but he would have to dramatically lower his asking price for the club to entertain a deal.

At this stage, negotiations have hit a stalemate and not progressed.

The Titans have re-signed bench dummy-half Erin Clark for a further two years and starting hooker Mitch Rein is seeking a new contract.

Rein has been one of the Gold Coast‘s better players in 2021 and the club has not ruled out re-signing him.

Broncos hooker Jake Turpin looms as a possible recruitment target for the Titans given he is off-contract at Brisbane this year and the club is courting Canberra’s Josh Hodgson.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
too pricey and unknown at NRLlol level..no from me.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I really take from that is unless he gets stupid money he has no interest in making the move , not really a player you want to be chasing

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
too pricey and unknown at NRLlol level..no from me.
Sam Burgess
James Graham
Josh Hodgson
John Bateman
Elliott Whitehead
George Williams
All unknown at NRL level..
Imagine if their respective clubs didn’t take a chance
If we don’t look at Clark, and Smith stays in Melbourne for 22..who do we look at?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We getting smith or not? id rather the camberra pom atleast hes proven in the nrl

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gold Coast have aborted their pursuit of Super League sensation Daryl Clark after being stunned at the salary and terms he was seeking to leave England.
The Titans have baulked at the asking price of Super League sensation Daryl Clark, leaving the Gold Coast to continue their hunt for a new No. 9.
News Corp understands the Titans have aborted their pursuit of Clark for now after being stunned at the salary and terms he was seeking to leave England.

Reports from England this week suggested Clark was Gold Coast-bound in 2021, however that is not the case.
The Titans hoped to lure Melbourne star Brandon Smith to the Gold Coast, however the Storm would not entertain releasing him without a big-name player trade occurring.

The Storm even asked the Titans to release former Melbourne gun Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to facilitate the Smith signing, which the Gold Coast rejected.

The Titans still have an eye on Smith for 2023 and beyond, but he is also being chased hard by Canterbury coach Trent Barrett.

The Smith impasse prompted the Titans to look abroad at Clark, Warrington’s hooker and a former England Test player.
At 28, Clark is an experienced rake with more than 270 games of first grade experience in England.

He was named the Super League’s Man of Steel - equivalent to the NRL’s Dally M Medal - in 2014 before touring Australia for the Four Nations.

The Titans made Clark an offer but were blown away by what he was seeking to head to Australia.

Clark not only wanted top dollar to head to the Gold Coast but was also seeking the security of a three-year deal, which the Titans would not entertain.

Titans figures have not ruled out signing Clark, but he would have to dramatically lower his asking price for the club to entertain a deal.

The Titans have re-signed bench dummy-half Erin Clark for a further two years and starting hooker Mitch Rein is seeking a new contract.

Rein has been one of the Gold Coast‘s better players in 2021 and the club has not ruled out re-signing him.

Broncos hooker Jake Turpin looms as a possible recruitment target for the Titans given he is off-contract at Brisbane this year and the club is courting Canberra’s Josh Hodgson.
Sounds like a douche... your coming to the NRL, the NBA of Rugby League and you want the same coin as our top hookers?? W@nker..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d prefer the cheese, Clarke is a good player, but how many good years does he have in front of him ? Smith still has years of improvement ahead of him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cheese's price is surely going up after games like tonight. It still wouldn't surprise me if he stays at Melbourne.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%..
I would love to know his asking price and term..
I think 550-600k a year for 3yrs would be a good get..
I think 3yrs is enough as the Poms tend to get homesick.
And whatever the transfer fee is, just pay it if it’s not coming out of our cap.
Mitch rein apparently on small dollars,y pay a guy 600k who has never played at nrl level,rather Mitch rein at 400k,and playing good footy,than someone we know nothing about.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Let’s do some analysis.
Here is mine.
No oil, no rumour, just fact.

Transfer fee- shouldnot be an issue. We are a rich club. Asians, dealers, locals feed our pokies and facilities daily and as a result we are rich. So shouldn’t be an issue.

so let’s look at the cap and what is Clark’s price.
Firstly, Clark has never to my knowledge states soem burning desire to test himself in the nrl, he’s happy at home in Warrington.

so we can forget about any pay cut business.

therefore we need to figure out what he is on now.
I do recall an old article on LU saying it was a 2 million 3 year deal but I could be wrong.
Conservatively he would be on 450 and maximum I think is 600.
We know that Thompson was going to be the highest paid Helens player of all time if he stayed for 725
We also know Benji was offered 700
Maloney is on 500+
Widdop is on 700
Burgers similar
These are cap exempt marquees

is Clarkthe second marquee at Warrington?Or is it Austin?

I suspect he isn’t, so he is most likely on 500.
At 500, what gets you to the nrl?
50k for extra rent and moving about rubbish. Just intrinsic cost.

we are now at 550.
Now what gets you moving from a happy comfortable environment?
I am thinking 150-300k given he could be a marquee elsewhere in the esl.

basically, I think he is going to cost 759 a year plus
Transfer costs. Pure Lebanon.

Is Daryl Clark worth 750?
Is he a Damien cook superstar?
Or a glorified jmk!?
Good post Nash

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Titans need to understand he doesnt really care if he leaves england or not, he was always going to come expensive.
i thinkthey thought they could pick up a 500 deal. which as i pointed out, is probably just what hes on now where he is happy.

As I have concluded, he will almost certainly need more than 700k.

the 3 year deal shouldnt scare them though, if he fails dreadfully i guarantee he will be back in england after a year on a marquee deal. Just cant see him suffering in silence. Poms dont do that here historically.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Transfer fee... Surely there is someone we could trade them to make up for it